Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SZJPdB0VL2A?t=194
youtube.com/watch?v=tNVdziest58
youtube.com/watch?v=l0NYFVYiOzc&list=PLax7wEgEfuk_L4XJjymu1oI0cNje7WVNS
youtube.com/watch?v=GfPGwHf6KMI
youtube.com/watch?v=RO11peSzdDg
youtube.com/watch?v=iXgekxWUZ8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there no fans of Blink on mu or something wtf?

If you haven't listened to any of their records I recommend you start with Take off your pants and jacket. Best rock album ever imo

What your favourite track off that album?

Also their new album was fantastic

I really like First Date
Top three Blink songs deffo

Do you miss Tom being in the band?

tom is clearly talented but I'm glad he wasn't on the new album. hes gone bonkers

Their new record is actually my favourite of theirs. Perfect album imho

>5 / 0 / 1 / 2
Holy shit OP, stop shitting up this thread

Cool dude cool. I'm glad their still such a good band. After all these years. Lyrically their best hands down

OP here, don't know what happened there, must be a glitch

What's your favourite blink 182 album/song/era?

Cheshire Cat is their only good album and this really isn't up for debate.

LOL hands down their worst album. By far.

No offence bro

>Raw
>Original
>Literally created a new genre within an existing one
>effectively killed skate punk and most related genres
>worst album

Sure thing dude. How about those Barker fills dude!

youtu.be/SZJPdB0VL2A?t=194

Objectively their best song btw.

Also

DUDE

>Raw
>Original

How the absolute fuck is the album raw you retard?

Do you not have ears you fucking dipshit?

>3 piece
>recorded in the early 90s with near zero mixing or altering of its sound

That's called raw kid.

Bad mixing is raw?
Okay then I guess it is raw

By raw I thought you meant it had guts and was messy and punky. Sorry for the confusion

Also how the fuck is it original?

>Raw
>Original
>Literally created a new genre within an existing one
>effectively killed skate punk and most related genres

Using any of these words to describe a Blink 182 album

Grow up

The lack of overt mixing in itself lends to the album being raw. It's also messy and all the things you use to quantify a 'raw' feeling to the music.

>Not using those words to describe the first album made by a couple teenage kids who weren't even close to being the band you're writing off as total shit

Also I'm 32 and got the fucking album when it came out. Everything after is total and complete shit and the band absolutely killed what was a thriving music scene at the time. A lot of much better and more talented bands never saw the success they deserved as a result of Blink killing the genre and driving it in that bubblegum pop punk direction. Fight me faggot.

Also it was and still is truly original. They inspired a thousand shit bands who copied their style, see the early 2000s for reference.

>Sum 41
>SR-71
>Rufio
>Homegrown
>New Found Glory
>MxPx
>Fenix Tx

The list is absurdly long

It's not fucking raw in any way. Bad mixing first equate to raw. Go listen to some punk music.

So it's influential in the same way Solja Boy was influential?

Please, enlighten me on the punk I seem to have missed out on while growing up listening to almost nothing but.

And while you're at it, can I get some examples of what you consider 'raw' music? Might help to put some examples out there to back up your statements.

And sure, if a musician (If you can even call Soulja Boy that) or band is repeatedly copied and imitated they can be considered influential, correct?

I'm obviously saying that from the examples you gave they inspired terrible bands on the charts. And helped make terrible music.

>What do I consider raw?
Pinkerton
The Ramones
Trout Mask Replica
Sunn 0))
London Calling
Remain in Light

First off blink 182 is pop punk not actual Punk, punk the genre was a counter movement to commoditized mainstream music which for the most part blink 182 embodies (the easy listening mainstream pop hits part just so its not confusing you since im not an amurican and my English isn’t the best thing about me)

Punk is almost exclusively a genre that’s leftist and embodies that way of thinking and constantly is very politically motivated, it goes against most shit blink182's version of pop punk does which is talk about immature crap and make immature jokes

youtube.com/watch?v=tNVdziest58

youtube.com/watch?v=l0NYFVYiOzc&list=PLax7wEgEfuk_L4XJjymu1oI0cNje7WVNS

and this is an actual american punk band and this is what raw sounds like

youtube.com/watch?v=GfPGwHf6KMI

ANARCHY FOR THE FATHER LAND!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna make fun of people for calling Blink 182 punk but you've already BTFO the whole thread

what is it about people that are into pop-punk why do they always pretend it's punk? Are they embarrassed to say they like the genre or something?

>punk the genre was a counter movement to commoditized mainstream music
Think it was more a counter to the direction rock was going, with shredders selling out huge arenas. It was supposed to take back rock for the common man, a movement anyone could get in on, and to dispel the notion of "rock gods."

youtube.com/watch?v=RO11peSzdDg

>Are they your favourite band?
Yes, when I was an edgy teen, still listen to them though for teenage nostalgia

>Thoughts on the new album
I'm no longer a teen

Favourite album would probably be the self-titled/untitled, but it's hard to choose from Dude Ranch to that. I like them all (except the newest).

The new album fucking sucks. It has almost none of the things that made me like blink-182 (good guitar riffs) and the production is fucking ass even for a pop punk album.

>Favorite albums would be Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch
>Their new album was pretty fucking bad
>They're not my favorite band because their music is too cheesy and I'm too "adult" for that shit

Best album CheshireCat>Neighborhoods>Self titled> Dude ranch> Enema > TOYPAJ
New Album is not a blink 182 album coz no Tom

They were my favourite band from 14 to 19 years old.

best album is dude ranch. I thought take off was okay and that's where I stopped listening to them. the next single from the album after that sucked ass so I didn't care anymore.

>ctrl f
>no buddha

this thread sucks, delet this

S/T>Enema>Dude Ranch>TOYPAJ>Neighborhoods>Cheshire Cat>California

blink-182>>>>>>green day

Alkaline Trio up until about Crimson is my favorite band in the genre. I had stopped paying attention to their new releases after that but was excited to hear Skiba join blink and I got a super duper bland album. Goddamnit! is THE perfect pop punk album

honestly never even listened to it.

this thread is making me pull all my hair off and I want to die

Stop being such a drama queen

> TFW gf is wife material

Wow! So original! I've never seen or heard about this being done before

Untitled is my favorite.
I didn't like the new album at all because of their "vision".
They were a few years ago.

Such wow! Many bitter!

Best modern Blink song right here

youtube.com/watch?v=iXgekxWUZ8g

>Enema of the State
>New album was fucking awful
>No

The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show
havent heard it
no

Agree. Suburban kings is pretty good also.

What's the deal with Tom DeLonge these days? I wish he would come back to blink. California was just like a Mark solo album without any Tom DeLonge to tone down the pop-side of things and bring in some other styles