Letterman > Carson > Stewart > Conan > Colbert > Ferguson > Leno > Kimbell > Meyers > Daly > Fallon > Cordon

Letterman > Carson > Stewart > Conan > Colbert > Ferguson > Leno > Kimbell > Meyers > Daly > Fallon > Cordon

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-FeeOMzbys
youtube.com/watch?v=qXHRF8peVp4
youtube.com/watch?v=5F6dXcW-_Fc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not having ferguson at #1 followed by a power gap

literally opinion discarded: the post

Is Myers still on the air? What ever happened to Daly? Who the fuck is Cordon?

>2016
>watching late night talk shows

Ferguson is great, but not close to the GOAT.

>not watching Triumph clips on youtube

>ferguson not ascending above a ranking system

I'm an adult, sorry

>Not just having Ferguson because all other are irrelevant.

Yeah you;re worth taking seriously OP

If you don't stay up all night watching Conan/Louis CK interview clips then I don't know what to tell you.

I used to think the reddit invasion stuff was fake until I noticed all the Craig Ferguson stans on /tvģ

>Ferguson
>not at the top
>not even top 5
Solid b8, OP.

This is weak b8 OP

since when did Sup Forums have a hardon for Ferguson? He's funny but damn

When will the master return to television?

Carson > early Letterman > Conan > Ferguson > Leno > everybody else

Let me post more appropriately for Sup Forums

Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > Ferguson > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

You must be new, Sup Forums has loved Craig for as long as the board existed.

b8 harder

>too adult for Triumph
>posting on Sup Forums

>Conan ahead of Ferguson
Hi plebit

>Letterman

He sucked the last 20 years

Letterman > Carson > Conan > Ferguson > Space Ghost > Leno > Kimmel > Stewart > ?????

holy shit fallon took a big hit, what the hell happened

accuracy = bait now?

Good to know

fallon has never been good

>not putting based corden ahead of all of them

Ferguson is the only one worth a watch. His impromptu style was great and always worked.

God tier
Ferguson

Ok tier
Stewart
Conan
Carson

Just fuck my shit up tier
Fallon
Leno
Letterman
Kimbell
Daly

Murder them on air tier
Colbert
Cordon
Meyers

Also look at all those haircuts. The sameshit except bases ferguson

Ferguson>>>>Power Gap>>>>>Everyone Else>>>>>>>Fallon

This is objectively the only correct scale

>Space Ghost not best
Leave immediately.

>Carson
No real competition for most of his career. He was also a fucking gangster (that story of him and McMahon busting into someones home to beat the shit out of them). He was perfect for his time because he could get away with all the shit he did and most people though he was a saint. All that criticism aside, his old shows are still great to watch

>Daly
His late late show was horrible. Why is it even on a list? It was so cringeworthy. He was really bad at it.

That being said, his "Last Call" show is really good. Shame it is on at 1:30 am.

>The rest
I think the Internet ruined late night talk shows for me. I don't feel the need to watch every night. If anything interesting happens I can just catch it on YT or Hulu the next day.

I probably watch Conan the most. Not for his interviews. But for the extra segments he does. His visits to events and other countries are so much better than any interview.

Letterman is let down by how shit his last 15 years were.

Loved Kilborn. He gave exactly the right number of fucks, which is zero.

You can really tell your age by the fact that you never watched early Letterman

Objective ranking

>God tier
Letterman
Carson
>Great tier
Ferguson
Conan (pre-LA)
Stewart (Pre 2008)
>Good tier
Colbert (during the Colbert Report)
Current Conan
>Mid tier
Colbert (Late Night)
Leno
Meyers
Kimmel
Stewart (Post 08)
>Cringe tier
Fallon
Cordon

>Conan's hair
>same as everyone else

opionion immediately discarded

I'm 25 he's been shit my entire life why should I care how he was some of his stuff was ok but he beat it to death

You should split Letterman into two entries. Pre turn of the century Letterman is great, but afterwards, he was shit.

>Put Letterman until the lat 90s in Ok teir
>Put Colbert on Late show and Conan post Tonight Show in Just fuck my shit up tier
>Fallon in Murder them on air tier
>Colbert Report Ok Teir

On second thought I'd move Fallon to please die tier

the top 10 list was god awful

Same swoopy haircut. Didnt say his hair but he has the sterotypicsl cut still long on top shorter on sodes and combed

>shit my entire life
>some of his stuff was ok

Make up your mind, damn

I watched Letterman in the 80s and 90s, by 2000 he went to complete unwatchable shit.
If you deny how shit his last 15 years were your opinions are invalid.

Am I the only one who thinks Cordon is worse than Fallon.
He may be worse than Chevy Chase.

He was consistently good and was the only one to stay true to the medium of late night talk show hosts. Although in the last 5 years he's been declining but he's old as fuck

Jon Stewart is so forgettable to me, I had to open another tab to Google.

Carson & Letterman were the best at it. Steve Allen was reportedly okay at it. Ferguson was fantastic and would have done well with a larger audience. No one ever talks about Dick Cavett cause no one's ever seen it except for maybe the John & Yoko stuff but I heard it was also okay.

Early Letterman was revolutionary. He was a huge influence on any comedian that came of age during the 80s and early 90s.

Reading comprehension, do you have it?

>Being this old on an anime finger painting board

It was good in the early years. The NBC show was a totally different thing.

Honestly this says more about you than it does about Jon Stewart

Cavett > Carson > Letterman > Conan > Ferguson > Kimmel > Snyder > Leno > Kilborn > Colbert(Report) > Daly > Stewart > Fallon > Corden > a deaf/mute golem constructed from a pile of indian street shit > Chevy > Arsenio > Johnson > Meyers > Handler > Colbert(Late Show)

Basically this.

You can't put anyone before Carson. It makes no sense. I was born when Carson was in his final year, and I'm not huge with late night talk shows because its an archaic format mostly watched by boomers and Fallon Fags at this point. But Carson reruns on a cable channel called Antenna TV are really great to watch. Everyone took something from Carson. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to fuck him, and he was always the best straight-man for a comic to bounce off of. He knew when a bit was dying, and made it work anyway.

Letterman is second. Youtube has a ton of rips of his old show from the 80s. Some very weird bits in there. He feels like the next step after Carson. I appreciate him more now. Conan was born for this kinda shit. Even his hair, he's just got late night in his bones. I used to watch him when I was younger, but fell out of it when he switched to TBS. He'd be third. Ferguson is cool but I personally would never want to watch him nightly. He'd be next. Then Kimmel, because Kimmel seems like a cool guy, and he has some funny bits. He lacks charisma, but whenever anyone gets offended by some stupid bit, he always goes back at them with a FUCK YOU (kanye) before fading back into his quiet personal life. Leno...I like him as a guy...but his show was lame and boring imo. Fallon has all the energy and none of the funny. None of the substance. He has celebrities on and has them do sack races and jump around instead of actually engaging them in interesting conversation. Colbert is ok...but should be doing political humor, not late night. Seth Meyers is awful. Corden is an abomination. Daly...kek.

>Putting Corden and Fallon that high

>Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler
>Harvey Pekar meltdown
>Crispin Glover incident
>Larry 'Bud' Melman
>Tom Waits
>First R.E.M. performance on TV
>Tons of shit I'm forgetting

Hard to argue against the facts

Can't argue with facts

You forgot the Courtney Love and Michael Richards incident

I just don't think about him in the same way I guess. Just seeing his last name only like that, Stewart, against Carson and Letterman, my brain just goes who?

I'm an old fag who remembers when late night wasn't on cable though so you're probably right.

Bud Melman is the fucking MAN.

At least someone acknowledged Cavett...

How many late night talk show hosts have been cucked live on air?

He is considered Late Night even though his show is vastly different from the network shows. If you cared at all about Politics in the last 15 years then surely you must recognize his impact

Watching that living fetus James Corden made me really appreciate Fallon. Fallon may fake-laugh a lot, but Corden always intercuts with shitty jokes without any nuance or a semblance on intelligence in his delivery. It's so grating and always gets in the way of what the guests are talking about. He's also really bad at handling the guests with each other, something Graham, Norton does really well, and it's mostly just guest A goes on about his movie, then guest B goes on about his, etc, with little interaction.

>Madonna cussing Dave out on TV
>Cher calling Dave an asshole
>Drew Barrymore flashing Dave her tits
>Any time Captain Beefheart was on

So many great moments

truth

Graham Norton >>> All these fags

youtube.com/watch?v=a-FeeOMzbys

holy shit, bud is hilarious

>Kimbell
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>Arsenio
The early shows for Arsenio were great. He would call out people on their shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=qXHRF8peVp4

Arsenio will alway be know for being the first late night show to have R&B/Rap performers on. Can you imagine Carson interviewing NWA?

He wasn't better than Carson or Letterman. But FFS he was better than Chevy.

I was just watching one from 1988 on youtube where Bud was doing that but with people getting off the Staten Island Ferry. One of a kind guy...

Oi m8

Carson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ferguson > Letterman > Colbert > Corden > Conan > Kimbell > Leno > Daly > Meyers = Fallon

So why did you rate fucking Carson when it's obvious you never saw him?

Dude Republicans lmao

Norm >all

>Cavett at the top

Cavett had the gall to tell Hitchcock he didn't care for puns and then immediately backpedaled on it when Hitchcock put him in his place.

Cavett is a pussy.

>yfw most late night hosts are catholic

Reminder that Fallon is a barely functioning alcoholic.

Eye-rin.

wasn't he in a mac & cheese commercial recently?

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks hes the second coming? Maybe give me an example, I have seen his Bob Saget roast which I was told was one of the best roasts of all time. Was the joke just that he was telling intentionally bad jokes?

>That bizarre story about how he fell and caught his ring on a drawer

this

that finger incident, where he tripped, he was probably drunk

Norm used to be based, but now he's just chubby and irrelevant.

I'm an alcoholic I have no idea how he does it. Mornings are impossible to do anything, I'm not fully awake until like 5pm.

Props to Fallon, hope it kills him though.

what the fuck is your criteria? if you're including carson then why not the other old timers? fucking dumbass

>Leno...I like him as a guy

He's a scumbag.

why?

Dear Lord you're new. Google Leno Letterman Conan Stern The Late Show. Google anything.

All awful.

because of stuff like this

youtube.com/watch?v=5F6dXcW-_Fc

>anyone better than Carson

Literally kill you'areself my man

Since always m8

Honestly I had forgotten that he fucked Conan like that. I wasn't paying attention during the time. I thought it was just hip to hate Leno considering how Howard beat him up so often.

Objectively Carson is the GOAT. But I would argue that Letterman is more important to the modern day era, his show was subversive as fuck and perfected so many late night tropes that I just have to put him slightly ahead of Carson.

I don't understand why everyone thinks "Carson" was so great. Ellen is leagues ahead of him due to the fact that she isn't a straight white male.

Norm is a fucking legend you turbo-pleb

Carson is great in the same way the Beatles are great, he was the O.G. who trail-blazed and paved the way for everything that came since. He is the best if you subscribe to First = Best.

Have you ever actually watched an entire episode from his era? He had fucking authors on. Unsubscribed.

>no Kilborn

Ah yes, back when America actually gave a shit about intellectualism. Those days are way far in the rear view mirror, for sure.