What's up with no one discussing this guy?

What's up with no one discussing this guy?
Such a great debut album, too.

youtu.be/L_t7yiiB4Mg

Both catchy and interesting, plus the whole album has a weird conspiracy bend to it.

It's quickly become one of my favourite albums of all time.

Same here man. Really impressed how he came up with this shit without any outside help

Top 5 album of the decade so far

I hope his next album is good, I really dont want it to just be a flash in the pan

literally art angels if you change annoying female vocals to annoying male vocals

you mean annoying male vocals to annoying female vocals?

no

So why doesn't no now get discussed nearly as often then?

i'm glad it's not that discussed actually
i don't want people to meme it as hard as they meme'd art angels

theirs tons of good albums i don't bother making threads for just so they don't turn into memes

Yeah true. It is weird though cuz I think No Now is actually a lot better

they're not that different for it to be a lot better though

Eh I think Clarence is a better singer with more range and has denser less corny beats and production

Probably because everyone posted and discussed this album back in 2015 when it was realised. But then again it still crops up quite a lot in threads whether on charts or just discussion.

So in short, plenty of people are discussing this guy, its just you aren't looking in the right places.

conspiracy bend?
pls elaborate desu

So what was the general consensus?

Meadow Hopping makes mention of reptiles and Catholics in the witch house in Hollywood, bringing a connection between frequent targets of conspiracy theories (the Vatican, lizard people) with celebrity culture

Will to Believe is pretty much about realising that everyone around you is manipulating your (referring to healers and heathens as liars) while also feeling the need to fit in

Those who can't, cheat takes the perspective of an up-and-coming celebrity trying to make a name for themselves, referring to their position in celebrity culture as being "flies at the reptile party", commenting on the predatory nature of celebrity while also making a connection to the lizard people conspiracy.

Cancer in the Water is pretty openly about the whole fluoride thing.

Personally I read the gospel truth as being about knowing horrible facts and being forced to keep them secret.

The album is dense with themes and self-referencing that I could go on for hours (and might do at some point when I have more free time), but I feel like it's a hell of a lot more thematic than people realise. There's so much stuff about dark secrets and social taboos (incest immediately comes to mind) and I feel like it all comes together into a running narrative about accidentally being let in on conspiracies and cover-ups and then feeling like it's your duty to tell people while simultaneously being forced not to do so.

Then again the lyrics are so obtuse that I could just be reading into nothing.

What do you guys think?

unironically sounds like corey feldman

Lurk more

no now is far better than anything grimes

Funny I thought that album was really good but I didn't actually return to it.
I wonder what that means.

>What's up with no one discussing this guy
we've already discussed him when no now came out and a lot of people here love him.
stop turning this album into a meme you newfag.