Childhood Tragedies

Hey, I'm looking for some real specifically messed up films. Surrounding childhood death. Films that are from the perspective of childhood, you know, really coming of age very important and fragile times of life, where a tragedy occurs. IE: Stand by me, My Girl, Bridge to Terabithia, World's greatest dad. There a few more fucked up european art indie films I can't think of that are very dark and cover death in suburbia life like this. These kind of movies really mess me up, ever since I was little. They impact me psychologically and last with me like blockbusters and romcoms can't. If anyone has their favorite dramatic films that have themes like this I'd love to watch them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uW9Q1cm_Tnw
youtube.com/watch?v=TQCgzi4j3eM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pans labyrinth

Empire of the sun

kes

This Is England

Die Welle, a German film about a catastrophic sociology experiment that takes place in a school.
And lord of the flies.

You might liek the movie Dog Pound. It's not really the highest quality but it's basically one of those "Prison really sucks" movies but instead of prisons it's these three kids in juvie.

Mud.

Also just any Jeff Nichols movie. He's the visual Hemingway in how he portrays honest masculinity.

mean creek

Enter the void

The Client

Grave of the Fireflies
Midori

The Reflecting Skin

Mud had zero conflict other than every woman being a cunt. No tragedies. Even the shootout in the end had no impact. You knew everything would be fine.

>The feel when you want to jump through your tv to save someone
youtube.com/watch?v=uW9Q1cm_Tnw

I saw this when I was 12 and...wow. It gets me every time.

The Cure

youtube.com/watch?v=TQCgzi4j3eM
It's laughable now, but Piggys death in Lord of the Flies stopped me from watching the movie for years.

>1:20

the virgin suicides. good loli dunst too

My Childhood
My Ain Folk
My Way Home

SIMON BIRCH

also Bully and River's Edge if you're a river's edge lord.