His 'language' has genders

>his 'language' has genders
>his 'language' has formal speech

Other urls found in this thread:

ncf.idallen.com/english.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yep, it's pretty bothersome trying to talk about someone whose sex you don't know.

>his language has no noun cases
>his language has no formal speech
>his language has no genders
>his language has only 26 letters

I'm actually quite surprised how anglos aren't still in caves due to their primitive subhuman language.

>his language is so primitive that it can be reduced to these words "tb,h lads"

I must reform languages and countries worldwide.

No more gendered or formal language.

No more religion.

It will be a uniform world.

Does that mean you're getting rid of the words he and she?

Fuck up cunt.

It's pretty convenient 2bh

Yes.

I must... no, I WILL simplify language to the ultimate point across the world.

You just talk in the male gender by default. Simple.

But what if I'm wrong when I do that? I don't want to be wrong.

Just grab them by the pussy

>the language of his colonial masters doesn't have genders
>the language of his colonial masters doesn't have formal speech
>the language of his colonial masters doesn't have dual
>the language of his colonial masters doesn't have declensions
>he still considers the language of his colonial masters to be his mother tongue
Eight years of collecting reaction pics on Sup Forums and I don't have an appropriate one to express how hard this makes me laugh.

my parents are english and american

the only 'australians' are aboriginals

But english has he (female)

Your language has formal speech too.
G'day cunt vs ello mate!

And whilst not gender per se, it has animate vs inanimate. Come on lad, step it down.

Too busy conquering most of the world to worry about grammar

I like the Latin noun declensions. There are gender patterns, but it's mostly for aesthetic spelling.

there is nothing primitive about havng 26 letters. it confuses foreigners because they never know how to pronounce shit. and there is formal speech

>when your language has no plural "You"

I don't know about ye but I think it's a bit of a problem

>MUH DUAL
Odjebe se. Pa svaki poster iz slovenije je jedni momak
Uvijek mora govoriti o muh dualu
>the only 'australians' are aboriginals
Kill yourself cuck

>'his' language didn't originate in his land

So that's why anglos have such trouble learning real languages.

Exactly how a colonial subject would defend himself

>čefur v Avstraliji
Dobesedno južni južnjak

Aboridžini > Balkanocigani

>English has 44 phonemes
>Only 26 letters to represent those

JUST
I use "youse" (I pronounce it the same as the word 'use')

they don't have trouble monkey

Ya'll

UK English btfo

Isn't this also the reason for your lack of formal? I mean, I believe in most indo-european languages at least, the second person plural can be used as second person singular formal too (eg. vous)

Depends on the language, what you said is true for Croatian. But in Spain, the singular second person formal is "usted" whereas the informal second person plural is "vosotros"
(and then the formal second person plural is "ustedes"
>čefur v Avstraliji
>v
hahahah, uvijek zaboravim da govorite kao retardini zagrebačžidovi

I guess the plebs found "Thou" and "Thee" too difficult

I've noticed the use of y'all spreading across the country, outside the south. It's just useful.

It seems to be the opposite, from what I've read. Thou and thee were the informal while you was the formal. But in the 17th century everyone started calling everyone you and I'm not sure there's any broadly-accepted reason as to why

I've heard Pittsburg uses "yinz"
I hope that spreads across the USA for meme factor

>Thou and thee were the informal while you was the formal.
this is correct

>everyone started calling everyone you and I'm not sure there's any broadly-accepted reason as to why
This exact same thing is happening in Bogotá, Colombia in Spanish.
The word Usted is formal everywhere except for in that city. They use it informally instead of tú. (They still use usted for formal, but if this informal use of it spreads, then the formal distinction will disappear)

I beg to differ.
Americans tilt when trying to romantic languages.

Aboridžini > Balkanocigani

What did he mean by this.

Tilt?
>This exact same thing is happening in Bogotá, Colombia in Spanish.
After taking a short trip to Wikipedia, this phenomenon is apparently common in European languages. Perhaps something to do with the rigidity of social structures dissolving?

I wonder what other languages it occurs in.
Because Spain is quite proud of their 4 second person pronouns (because their colonies only have 3 second person pronouns).
And as far as I know, all the slavic languages keep a formal/informal distinction

>Perhaps something to do with the rigidity of social structures dissolving?
Nahh, for once, I don't think the Jews are behind this one. I wonder if it starts out as almost "humorous" or ironic. For example, I know lots of young guys that refer to other people as chief/boss/captain/sir, even if the person they're talking to is a close friend. Where clearly all those titles are traditionally used out of respect

The problem is not that you have only 26 letters, the problem is that you use 5 letters for the same sound and 1 letter for 5 different sounds.

Full version: ncf.idallen.com/english.html
Dearest creature in creation
Studying English pronunciation,
I will teach you in my verse
Sounds like corpse, corps, horse and worse.

I will keep you, Susy, busy,
Make your head with heat grow dizzy;
Tear in eye, your dress you'll tear;
Queer, fair seer, hear my prayer.

Pray, console your loving poet,
Make my coat look new, dear, sew it!
Just compare heart, hear and heard,
Dies and diet, lord and word.

Sword and sward, retain and Britain
(Mind the latter how it's written).
Made has not the sound of bade,
Say-said, pay-paid, laid but plaid.

Now I surely will not plague you
With such words as vague and ague,
But be careful how you speak,
Say: gush, bush, steak, streak, break, bleak ,

Previous, precious, fuchsia, via
Recipe, pipe, studding-sail, choir;
Woven, oven, how and low,
Script, receipt, shoe, poem, toe.

Say, expecting fraud and trickery:
Daughter, laughter and Terpsichore,
Branch, ranch, measles, topsails, aisles,
Missiles, similes, reviles.

Wholly, holly, signal, signing,
Same, examining, but mining,
Scholar, vicar, and cigar,
Solar, mica, war and far.

From "desire": desirable-admirable from "admire",
Lumber, plumber, bier, but brier,
Topsham, brougham, renown, but known,
Knowledge, done, lone, gone, none, tone,

One, anemone, Balmoral,
Kitchen, lichen, laundry, laurel.
Gertrude, German, wind and wind,
Beau, kind, kindred, queue, mankind,

Tortoise, turquoise, chamois-leather,
Reading, Reading, heathen, heather.
This phonetic labyrinth
Gives moss, gross, brook, brooch, ninth, plinth.

Have you ever yet endeavoured
To pronounce revered and severed,
Demon, lemon, ghoul, foul, soul,
Peter, petrol and patrol?

Billet does not end like ballet;
Bouquet, wallet, mallet, chalet.
Blood and flood are not like food,
Nor is mould like should and would.

Please stop
don't make me hate my language like this

what's to hate?

Adding on this, I have always wondered how people with English or French as a mother tongue learn how to read. When I remember learning how to read, we just learned each letter and the teacher told us to just pronounce letter by letter in a word after each other. This is not even memeing or anything, I was genuinely wondering this when I started learning English, how do you learn how to read?
>So kids, this was the alphabet.
>K, what's it supposed to do?
>Yeah, you just take each letter and pronounce something completely different and there's your word

Kek, back in school my English teacher showed us this poem when a girl wanted an easy grade at the end of the year and asked him whether she could cite a poem for a grade. She could, but he gave her this poem.

I am Greek

Our language hasn't had any formal reforms. Our language is a total mess.
Since you've got an American flag, I'll assume you've studied Spanish
Do you remember the "order" Spanish had? How everything was super predictable even after only studying it for like 6 months?
That's what I wish we had. Sure it doesn't personally effect me because I'm a native speaker (though sometimes I still fuck up, like I tried to spell alleviate starting with an "e" because my accent says an e there)
I guess we kinda learned the basics, and then told to learn patterns.
For example

>The letter C makes the K sound. Like in the word "cat"
and then later on
>If there is an I after the C, like in "city", it sounds like an S

FUCK YOU, RETURN TO ANCIENT GREEK PRONUNCIATION. IT'S BÈTA, NOT VITA

Ok, thanks for the reply. I remember that I was already often enough confused by the rather few irregularities in German spelling (e.g. "weg" being pronounced different from "Weg"), but I could at least count on the same letter having the same meaning in most places.
I guess it's a bit more complicated to learn reading in English, but apparently possible, too. (The spelling is no problem when learning it as a second language, because you have to learn each word anyway so you just learn the spelling together with the word)

So, and now fuck I you correctly!

Also, one thing I'm thinking of now is if the vocab a child knows would have an impact on it.
Most of the "basic" English vocabulary is germanic, whereas more complex notions, things and ideas tend to be described in words derived from Old French and Latin.
Coincidently, the Germanic words tend to have rather simply spelling rules.
Book. Man. Hat. Swim.
A child is more likely to know these words than words like "irregularity", so I guess in this way, our skill to spell is developed over a long time.

I remember I didn't like the silent K when I first learned it in words like know and knee, but it was pretty easy to spot once I was taught it
>The spelling is no problem when learning it as a second language, because you have to learn each word anyway so you just learn the spelling together with the word
I studied Japanese throughout high school, and it's funny because now that I've stopped I can still read Japanese and understand the meaning of the kanji, but I have no idea how to pronounce it anymore. It's like I have remembered the written side of the language but lost the oral

>he only knows english

English used to have cases and formal speech, as well as flexible morphology but it's all been phased out over time.

>his language isn't even his

Logic, order and rules are boring. English is beautiful

>the Germanic words tend to have rather simply spelling rules
Ok, that makes sense
>I can still read Japanese and understand the meaning of the kanji, but I have no idea how to pronounce it anymore
I sometimes have the same thing in English. I read English stuff quite often on the Internet, but need to speak it very seldomly. When speaking English, I sometimes notice that I actually have no idea how to pronounce a certain word that I have been using in written English for ages already.

>Logic, order and rules are boring. English is beautiful
Jesus Christ, did we just hit SJW-tier linguistics?
EVERYONE IS EQUAL AND BEAUTIFUL. ALL LANGUAGES WERE GUD BOIZ, DEY DINDU NUFFIN WRONG
>notice that I actually have no idea how to pronounce a certain word
kek
Thank God all the other languages I learn are either almost 100% phonetic (Croatian) or at the least, very logical
>Faroese
>a real language
no
it shits me to tears to think there are still people on Sup Forums who are monolingual

Genders is good, but gendering people is bad.
All languages have some sort of formal and informal speech, but you probably just mean in things like pronouns right

That's a bit problematic though. Would be better if people were neuter and only objects could be masculine and feminine, in addition to neuter.

>order and rules are boring
Your language is retarded so much that you must say words in order or it will became not understandable. You know how hard it is to learn for someone who speaks language that doesn't use word order, that doesn't even use "i, you, he...".

reminder that the sun is male and moon female

To be fair, for the most part, Polish has a standard SVO word order.

If I asked Poles to translate "I have a house", I assume the most common translation would be "Ja mam dom" or perhaps just "mam dom"
I get a feeling I wouldn't hear "dom ja mam" that often

and ur mom a whore

daily reminder that the sun is neuter and the moon is male

>neuter

it's like agnosticism

you're atheist or theist

>not having three genders
>not differing between animate and inanimate in the masculine gender

hahahahahahhahahahha
take a look at this pleb, lads

>everything is like SJWs XD

it depends on context. When you speak polish you don't think about order or what will you say next, you just throw words out of your mouth. The more important information is, faster you will say it. "Dom ja mam" sounds like a thing you would say if someone was implying that you don't have a house.

>he doesn't know that sun is neutral
"Civilized" europeans, right

It is the system we use in place of case and gender

fuck out hence, thou feminazi.

>an English speaker will never know what it feels like to conjugate a verb for the correct number and gender

Probao je (he tried)
Probala je (she tried)
Probalo je (it tried)
Probali su (they tried. masc.)
Probale su (they tried. fem.)
Probala su (they tried. neut.)

Turkish already has
Fuck off (((L. L. Zamenhof)))

*æsthetic*
>ye
good man

I seem to recall being taught in the ery same method as you, but then you learn all the exceptions as you go.

>Teacher, why is taught pronounced that way?
>Well sometimes gh does that, except in tough for example where it makes an f sound
>Uuuh, okay
Etc.

Sun is neuter and moon is female.

sun is neuter and moon is male m8

verb conjugation is worthless except in language like turkish where you may omit pronouns

almanca öğrendim!

You can omit pronouns in Croatian too
Infinitive:
Probati - to try

present tense:
(ja) probam
(ti) probaš
(on/ona/ono) proba
(mi) probamo
(vi) probate
(oni/one/ona) probaju

For some reason gender only applies to Croatian verbs in the past tense.

>moon is female
shit, i remember that hen i was learning russian, the hardest part was to remember which words have different genders than in polish

>english language

>the hardest part was to remember which words have different genders than in polish
You mean words like "бoль" and "гycь"? Are there really so many of them?

you think the gender thing is bad?
You should see the false friends between polish and croatian

in Croatian "brak" means "małżeństwo", not "mana".
Also "godina" is a year, not an hour

>counting eer, er, or, and ir and individual phonemes
nice autism ya got there

eat tiout and die :^)

russian "karzina" in polish is "koszyk" f-m. It is hard to think about a basket as a female instead of a male.

So if you try to use "korzina" in a sentence, you may say something like "liogkij korzina"?

yep, pretty much something like this, but maybe not actually this pair, something like "liogkij karzin" because in polish you can conjugate -a ending words change like male nouns, since we have a few male words that ends in -a (even if it is 100% female ending) and shifting in this form wouldn't feel strange.

Ok, I see, thank you