Why do people describe vinyls as sounding more warm?

Why do people describe vinyls as sounding more warm?

Other urls found in this thread:

uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/studer-a800-tape-recorder.html
endlessanalog.com/tag/clasp-analog-tape-recording-pro-tools-daw-integration
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cos they dumb

surface noise

?

Google it

No, pls spoonfeed me.

people mistake poor recording techniques with better listening experiences

>gullible
>buyer's remorse
>think clicks and pops = warmth

thats literally it

I fuckin buy vinyl and I get salty when people say it sounds better.

This, the objectively best way to listen to music is .flac files. But it's music so fuck objectivity, I like spinning things and having music on my shelfes.

Only if your setup justifies it though. Using FLAC to listen to lo-fi/black metal/anything loudness war'd or mastered poorly on $15 headphones. A lot of stuff isn't available in FLAC either. I don't think a lossless version of Acid Rap exists and the best thing was a bootleg vinyl. I'd imagine this is similar for a lot of independent artists on soundcloud and shit.

Because it's an ambiguous, subjective word that allows the person uttering it to defend their choice of format without actually doing so.

Nostalgia, I guess? That's probably what I'm feeling.

Because they're black and that conducts more heat. The friction of the needle heats up the vinyls but the cds reflect the lasers so....

Mp3s are the most cold because they dont produce any significant heat

exactly, i think people want to just shit on vinyl because they cant (which is fine but no need to get bitchy about it)

Probably because they play them using old/crappy speakers that accentuate the lows/lower mids and/or aren't capable of properly producing the highs?

The same reason valve amps sound better than digital. Less harsh high end, no dithering or aliasing artifacts.

Soft focus hides imperfections, gives that fuzzy comfy feel, takes away the hard, sharp, brightness of audio fidelity.

What if the album itself is made to sound metallic, sharp, and colder? Like IDM or industrial music or something.

>because they're black
This post was a hell of a lot funnier when taken out of context.

Still, it's a more acoustic sound when compared to digital music so stuff like Aphex and Burial's "grimey" sound is emphasized

>poor recording
Jeez dude half the plug ins these days are 'analog warmer' types deliberately trying to put back analog even order harmonics and saturation.
Eg
uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/studer-a800-tape-recorder.html

Some places even fly individual tracks out to real tape the re-record them for that analog warmth and compression. Or use systems like clasp

endlessanalog.com/tag/clasp-analog-tape-recording-pro-tools-daw-integration

>Analogizing visual filters to audio irregularities

I get where you're coming from, but I hope you're not being serious.