When u actually buy into your own myth...

>when u actually buy into your own myth, creating a chain reaction that is essentially the opposite of ego death and guaranteeing a tulmultous, traumatic and overall unhealthy psychological environment for yourself and loved ones

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/11/it-pays-to-be-a-jerk-episode-4745-bob-dylan/507935/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>overthinking this hard
pop stars are just actors

i really don't know what you're talking about because i haven't paid attention to top 40 pop in about 15 years

I want to spread my man sauce all over her preg tummy

Good post. There's something truly bizarre about Beyonce's cult of personality. She was picked to be in a manufactured RnB girl group 20 years ago and for the majority of that time she has been commercially and critically successful yet seems to think of herself as an oppressed WoC who has been slighted by society. She wears skimpy outfits and shakes her ass on camera yet feminists see her as some kind role model. It really doesn't make sense to me.

perfect sense to me: shit ideology full of hypocrites

>. She was picked to be in a manufactured RnB girl group 20 years ago
holy fuck you are dumb. her dad funded the group out of his own money and almost made them bankrupt
go be a racist somewhere else okay
literally go read her Wikipedia page

ok i don't really care for all this shit, but isn't she just trying to show herself as a positive role model, like to prove that black girls like her can "slay" and be a queen, the biggest pop star in the world? and of course to support other poc who haven't achieved her level of success i guess

i'd wish people would spend more time engaging with interesting music than all this grammy bullshit, and the only think about Beyonce that really interests me are those preggy boobs, but i can't help but think you've gotten it wrong. feel free to correct me

same bruh
i cant even imagine how good fucking that prego pussy would feel

rather* than with* all this grammy bullshit

and

the only thing* about Beyonce

You're actually expecting people to do their own research before spewing garbage, I wish I were this innocent. Next thing you know that guy will probably say her dad's a jew

A more serious contradiction in her ideology is that she has lobbied to keep the minimum wage in haiti at like 31 cents or some shit because thats where they make her clothing line. Most garment factory workers being women or children. While i doubt she was the one who made the decision, you should probably watch what your money is doing if you this supposed role model/progressive thinker no?

OK so her dad funded the group. Doesn't change the fact that she won the lottery. And I'm not saying she isn't a good singer. There are just thousands of people who are equally good singers who aren't going to win the lottery.

There's a pretty big difference between being a family project and being propped up by a corporation+ the connotation of each and you know it

This except she wasn't picked though, her daddy bought her her "musical" career, which only makes it worse

Her dad is a partner in Xerox, the family project is supported by corporate money. She's a rich kid whose only adversity that she has faced is the color of her skin.

Beyons is white

It's both, stupid

>pop stars are just actors
yup, it's pro wrestling.

Except pro wrestlers are far more talented, and pro wrestling fans are far more discerning of talent

Beyonce is a no talent hack who is a marketing tool and little else. Fuck her and if you seriously like her on her go back to facebook.

Agreed.

That anyone can't see that the Grammy's is a farce blows my mind.

Who believes in this shit?

Hollywood is obviously scripted.

this desu

Sup Forums, apparently

or at least Sup Forums pretends it's not fake when they have the opportunity to hate the black person instead of the entire thing

There are lots of shills on Sup Forums.

which is white with expensive tanning

>only adversity that she has faced is the color of her skin
if you're trying to make it as an R&B singer, being black is not adversity

ITT: artists who bought into their own myths, creating a chain reaction that was essentially the opposite of ego death and that guaranteed a tulmultous, traumatic and overall unhealthy psychological environment for themselves and their loved ones

Dylan is actually really down to earth.

'Beyonce' is an actress playing a character.

>ignoring the fact that her daddy had tons of money
You're trying to make it sound like she struggled but the truth is she grew up in an upper middle class household and her daddy bought her musical career. She's just as phony as every other manufactured pop star.

>Dylan is actually really down to earth

lol no he fuckin isn't

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/11/it-pays-to-be-a-jerk-episode-4745-bob-dylan/507935/

>go be a racist somewhere else okay
You fanatical Beyoncé fans are hilariously pathetic. Pointing out she's a hack fraud isn't racism. Everything in her life has been handed to her. When she first started out she wasn't backed by a massive music corporation but she was backed by her rich father which means she never went through legitimate hardship. She's a fake.

Stop taking her at face value.

>seems to think of herself as an oppressed WoC who has been slighted by society
That's called marketing

>feminists see her as some kind role model
The main role of feminism in the 21st century is to prop up the culture industry. Taking anything said by mainstream/culturally prominent feminists at face value is retarded

It's so clearly a forced narrative at this point, I don't understand how you can accept that Destiny's Child was manufactured but not see that everything she does and says is just as manufactured. Beyonce is not a real person, and engaging with it on that level is kinda dumb. You should be criticizing the whole industry, you play into its hands when you target one of its puppets as if it's autonomous.

The same goes to anyone who is upset about Adele giving the award away. Getting too caught up in the minutiae when the whole thing, right down to the albums themselves, is scripted.

Yeah, he really is. Dude has done pretty much everything he could to demystify himself and get out of the celebrity spotlight since around 1966.

Exactly. She's a complete fraud.

t. guy who loves Lauryn Hill

>1966
What the fuck are you smoking?

year of Motorcycle accident.

The dude just did everything he could to not accept a Noble Prize, what more do you want?

This but Sup Forums hates positivity. If you're someone like Beyonce, being positive means you're inherently putting someone down in their opinion.

your haiti claim sounds interesting but i cant find anything about it so

Look at her connection to Hillary Clinton, and The Clinton Foundations' crimes in Hatti.

yall are fogetting that beyonce has been nominated 62 times and a black artist hasn't won best overall album since 2008. and that was herbie hancock. i aint going to feed any more because Sup Forums has reared its ugly head but come ON. it's not even racial by now it's just like, give this woman her fucking due finally! and the album was objetively 100x better! anyone with ears and no higher agenda would agree with this, but yall wanna apply your shitty Sup Forums spew to this because Black People are Scary and white women won't sleep with you

you posted the same post in the other thread.

Lazy ass shilling.

And really what kind of human are you to accept money to try and create racial disharmony?

FUCK OFF SCAB

Her company gave a butt ton of money to the clinton foundation at around the same time that the state department was fighting a minimum wage increase in haiti. I cant remember where i read this though so it could easily be bs

This was an inevitable consequence of her "better than you" bullshit attitude. She always had it, but millennials completed her apotheosis and now she has to play that part.

she is so cool, i love her

When you invoke godlike imagery, you're elevating yourself about everyone else. When people literally idolize you just because you have powerful sexual presence, you are passively accepting their submission. She isn't promoting her fans. I can think of any number of artists that have done more for their fans than Beyonce. Who have done more projects for the good of humanity than Beyonce. Who cares if she puts on leather and invokes the Black Panthers? She never knew the struggle.

>Her dad founded the group

Yeah, so she was still picked to be in it, except now it's even funnier because it had to be her own dad who gave her the boost and she wouldn't have been picked by anybody else, and some record producer cut them a break even though they had absolutely no talent other than being good looking.

>go be a racist somewhere else

Sup Forums is literally correct about brown people and they should be allowed to invade every other board with their opinion on this subject matter.

Beyonce's myth and stature is made out of the same material as Floyd Mayweather's last title run.

...paper. Extremely flimsy paper.

WE

Kelly Rowland is better than Beyonce. Hotter too.

Nah, fuck off cunt beybey slays

Beyonce has no real talent and when you build a big enough fan base, you don't need it apparently in "mainstream" music.

She is liked by males and females mainly because her body is sexualized and as being an apparent feminist (her lyrics constantly contradicting herself as a feminist and being married to a rapper who sexualizes women in his lyrics)

Beyonce sings mediocre, dances mediocre, and to consider yourself a "Queen" or "God".....I can't even begin to fathom how fucking insane anyone would have to be to do so. FOR ONE THING, believing in any God let alone yourself as one is absurd.

Any logical and intelligent being knows that science will always rule out religion and anyone who disagrees can all pray and hope that God and Beyonce one day save their dumb asses.

She is known as a POC and A WOMEN who knows "the struggle" of both of these challenges, yet if she really did she would be doing more about not making women of color sexualized objects. Or give expectations to any women or POC that they have to be a queen, god, or half naked and use a vocabularly thats dumbed down to "slay" and "lit" to be accepted.

The saddest part about it all, is that Beyonce doesn't even write half of her music. Even the songs she's critically acclaimed for recently that involve political messages. It takes 20 writers to make a lyric for her songs like, "I've been drinking, I’ve been drinking/ I get filthy when that liquor gets into me/ I’ve been thinking, I’ve been thinking/Why can’t I keep my fingers off you, baby?”

I'll leave this by saying all of the elites and "upper class" actually have very little class, self respect, or concern about any of their fans. They only like your money. It's shows how hypocritical everyone in the elite is, when Beyonce is singing at an event for Hilary Clinton, EVEN THOUGH, Beyonce had "written" a lyric that goes, "He popped all my buttons, he ripped my blouse/ He Monica Lewinsky all on my gown.”

when your angry rant might have a few minor spelling errors, but you still make more of an argument than the person who says, "Nah, fuck off cunt beybey slays."

Yea people that worship Beyonce are fucking dumb, Lemonade was a clusterfuck shitfest praised as some kinda second birthing of black Jesus from the virgin Beyonce. Shit even Solange's album had some better moments to it.
Why should Beyonce get to stomp around like a giant, while other female pop artists try not to get smushed under her big feet? What is so great about Beyonce exactly? Hm? Solange is just as cute as Beyonce. Solange sings just as good as Beyonce. People totally like Solange just as much as they like Beyonce. And when did it become okay for a shitty, uninspired pop singer to be labeled the queen of everybody just cause she's a brown woman with a smug face, huh? Because that's not what pop music is about. We should totally just *stab* Beyonce!

>What is so great about Beyonce exactly
Her image
And don't pretend that you don't fall to other artists images, even if they don't care about their image, it's also an image which some people msy like about them like "wow he's so real!"
The whole Death Grips, Grimes, David Bowie, Bjork, Kanye, etc things are based around his images which made them stand out, and you people just fell to it, I'm not saying their music is bad, I'm just saying that it's hypocritical to hate on obnoxiously obsessed Beyoncé fans who fell to her style while being on the board that constantly does the same. You people are not even able to see that Lemonade is a well crafted pop album because of how mad you are about the amount of praise she gets because of her image
what a shitty fucking board

HAHAHAHAH THE FACT THAT YOU'RE CLAIMING ONE THAT DEATH GRIPS, BJORK, DAVID BOWIE, GRIMES, AND KANYE WERE ALL YOUR EXAMPLES OF ARTISTS WITH IMAGES. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ANY OF THOSE ARTISTS EITHER. THEYRE IMAGES ARE JUST AS SHIT AS BEYONCE'S. NO ONE IS JEALOUS OF HER, THIS BOARD IS MERELY STATING THE FACT THAT SHE SUCKS AND IS NO MORE SPECIAL THAN YOU OR I, SO WHY IS SHE SO PRAISED?

YOUR RESPONSE IS "HER IMAGE" IS WHAT MAKES HER GREAT. SHE AND ALL THE OTHER ARTISTS YOU NAMED ARE ALL SELL OUTS AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO EVEN BE LABELED AS GREAT COMPARED TO ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO'VE FOUGHT AND WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE ACTUAL CHANGES THROUGH PEOPLES LIVES. NOT JUST PROVIDING A GOOD SONG TO GET DRUNK/HIGH TO AND TWERK.

kanye's image is stupid and he's far gone mentally.

death grips image is for white kids who are depressed and on speed or pcp.

Bjork's music (if you can even call it that) is whiny and a broken mess of notes and beats.

Grimes just has to put a repetitive beat and whisper her whines into a mic.

MAYBE David Bowie would be the only artist I could consider a real musician, and even then I could call him a mediocre average one or washed up.

We live in a day and age where everything has been done over and over and over to the point where maybe if we had actual musicians and artists WRITING THEIR OWN MUSIC AND PLAYING ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS, that it would be refreshing and actually UNIQUE.And when I refer to playing instruments I don't mean Lady Gaga playing a few chords on a piano or guitar, Lil Wayne pretending he can play a guitar, or Beyonce thinking her music empowers black lives matter or rights for struggling people of color.

Beyonce's music videos might come off with an afro-punk feminist style but if only she was smart enough to get her crew of writers to write lyrics that actually matched the videos. But no, they write sexualized lyrics to appeal to the crowd. Because sex sells and actual talent doesn't anymore. The actual reality of true raw talent is you don't need to be sexy or selling yourself to be something when you actually have talent.

Unfortunately, people are so visceral and fucked up from being fed this shit that they expect their music to only be sexualized to be considered good to them.

This board has nothing to do with race, yes she happens to be of color but I'm pointing it out that it could be Lady Gaga or fucking Ariana Grande, they're all sex sellers and bimbos. They have no talent other than pretending to have an actual talent.

The saddest part of this whole post is that anyone who's used the word "racist" on this board is completely wrong. If someone doesn't like her because she's black or any black people that's called being a bigot.
Being racist is thinking a specific race is inferior.

Jesus, people are so fucking dumb and don't even realize what they say. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BIGOTS AND RACISTS, I'T NOT SAYING EITHER IS GOOD/POSITIVE/BETTER/ THAN THE OTHER.

Beyonce fans are the worst and this thread proves it. Worthless apologist shills.

>what a shitty fucking board
it may be shit but beyonce is still overrated deal with it nerd.

Shilling this hard.

Celebrity culture is fucking bullshit and Beyonce's retarded Tumblr-tier fanbase will suck her dick nobody what she does. Of course, that is a generalization and not all her fans are like that but the internet turns everyone into an idiot. I would be less annoyed by Beyonce if her fans didn't treat her like the second coming of Christ. Artists like her end up attracting these pretentious ass fanbases that never shut their fucking mouths and if you criticize them, you get lynched. Pathetic.

They've been brainwashed.

The problem is anyone that has a negative opinion gets labeled a racist white boy or someone who doesn't appreciate the struggle of the black women. Never mind that Beyonce is on a whole other league compared to most Americans because she is a rich celebrity with so much power at her hands. The plight of the black women is irrelevant to her now because people still think she's an underdog. When will Americans realize that the ultimate privilege is money and it has always been money? Why defend snotty rich people when you don't even get anything out of it?