Lil Yachty: Rap's Punk Phase

youtube.com/watch?v=t5dsLZ4wXMQ
Is Lil Yachty the Sex Pistols of rap?

Other urls found in this thread:

tacobell.com/food
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Food Menu - Order Now - Taco Bell
tacobell.com/food
Naked Chicken Chalupa Box $5.00. Build Combo. 3 Crunchy Tacos Supreme® Combo $5.79. Build Combo. Mexican Pizza Combo $6.39. Build Combo. Nachos BellGrande® Combo $5.69. Build Combo. 3 Crunchy or Soft Tacos Combo $5.39. Crunchwrap Supreme® Combo $5.49. Cheesy Gordita Crunch Combo $5.99. 3 Doritos® Locos Tacos Supreme® .

>target commercial with Carly Bae Jepsen
Yep, that's punk™

I'll have 2 number 9s

it's a white guy disease to make dumbass comparisons like this with rap.

It's gotta be "drone trap" or "rap's punk phase" or "vaporhop" or "meme rap" or a million other retarded phrases. Can't just be rap. I think cloud rap might be the last rap subgenre term that the artists actually used to reference themselves.

recc some drone trap

no, he's the emo terrorwave of anti-trump skaterap

no that title belongs to xxxtentacion

It was only ever used by Sup Forums and reddit to talk about Savage Mode

yeah Fantano is so white right here.

a number 9 large

news flash: music journalists come up with genre labels on their own accord, artist rejects. but it's a race thing this time fsr

I like Fantwan so I was pretty intrigued after listening to his opinion on Yachty. I don't listen to a lot of rap (maybe like 1 new LP or 2 a month), but I still like the genre.
So I never actually stumbled upon his music and I'm currently listening to the Boat album...
What? This is just basic modern rap, where the fuck is the appeal? English is not my first language so I might miss something but I don't think it's original at all or particularly good in any regard...is this guy only popular because of his ideas/personnality?

Talentless edgy kid who has no skill, or talent in any of the facets of creating art that is pushed by studios as being cool and hip, and completely over-hyped by the media?

Yeah he's the sex pistols of rap.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I know I dislike your name.

>white man shall NEVER talk about white people!

I know you don't actually care about rap, but I do, and I know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry I hurt your fee-fees Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still listening, and this talentless faggot sampled Daoko on good day. Now I'm mad.

Dumbass comparison.

>Paul, you are wrong, modern pop-culture is actually sophisticated, listen to some Lil Yachty

What's some sophisticated rap tho?

tribe called quest

Yeezus

>implying Lil Yatchy isn't one of the most patrician artists in modern times