youtube.com/watch?v=jvWX_SioIpQ
youtube.com/channel/UCPSwmwj8ZLXObtBJmz-76rw/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=iT5ivLc3ZFY
1000bulbs.com/product/152998/SYLVANIA-20903.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anybody growing shrooms?

I'd love to grow like one plant but it seems like a lot of investment tbh

I use to grow weed for a living.
You gonna need some hps light to get much outa that.

If you grow indoors, you're looking at a 300-600 dollar investment. If outdoor, 100 dollars tops. Longer grow time for outdoors as well.

Yield isn't really what I'm after, basically just practice.

Well i will give you some pointers if you like.
Trim of all that scraglly growth at the bottom it is not getting any light and when you do the plant can divert its energy from there to other parts of the plant that get more light.
You need to repot it and if you havnt wait a week after repotting and flip to 12/12
With them sorta lights they have really shit penetration so making the plant as flat as possible would be more productive so you really should look up lst and pinch the top outta that plant.
Its a good job but if you havnt you really need to start flowering

DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEED LMAOOOOOOOOOO

it's a thing of beauty OP, I have grown many a plant and this takes me back to my youth.

Good times, good luck to you.

You veg fine under florescent but when you flower it won't be enough.

Thanks for the tips, and I flipped to 12/12 about two weeks ago.

Yea figured, been looking at a 600w hps light

Thanks bro

600watt would be excessive for one plant tbh and wouldnt be worth the electric for one plant.
I used to fit 10 plants under a 600.
You really should get rid of that bottom growth

How many watts would you recommend? And will do

fuck t5 and hps. LED are the future my man

cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=MAU5 KITS

looks like a male. You can notice the start of seeds near the stem connections. Take another clipping from the mother, and show me a comparison shot, you probably need to splice again.

I do on and off

Well hps dont really come smaller than 400w you may be able to find a smaller 250 somewhere tho.
but for that one plant it really isnt worth it cuz hps is exspensive to run and then you need fans for ventilation then to.
Dont worry user im pretty sure thats a fem, looks like I can see two little hairs where the branches jion the stem

It's a female, there's multiple budsites with little white hairs, but I suppose it's hard to tell from this pic.

I was growing 6 years ago and everyone was saying the same thing about LED lights then
Sorry bro but they are just BS

So maybe just continue with the fluorescent then?

If the picture shown has been 12/12 for 2 weeks then you'be got an issue son.

Appears to be male from that perspective.

Lol. do you really hink a led will out perform a hps?
LEDs have no penetration and are just ripoffs

Here's a closer look, you can see the hairs

Have any basement caps growing right now? Thinking about starting my own little shroom farm.

Yeah I would for that one plant yeah.
Rest assured tho that you have done well and next time you can grow a few more plants and get a hps. Aint always easy to grow that shit and it took me ages of fucking about to get nice healthy plants

Extremely underdeveloped plant. Not ready for 12/12. Should've veg another 2-4 weeks if you started from seed.

100% female unless the fucker hermies on you

Not currently. You should try it out, its super easy

I'm thinking the same thing, genetics could be the cause of a slower bud production though

Those are hairs user

easiest way to spot the green horn grower. they think LED is a viable option.

Is it possible to harvest spores from the caps they are fully grown so that I don't have to rebuy syringes?

It was showing preflowers before I made the switch. I've seen fully budding plants smaller than this one too.

yea, 6 years ago was 1st gen LED tech. 1-3 watt led's. now they have led's than can literally take 50-100 watts apiece. lumen per watt twice as efficient as fluorescent and MH

I guess I'll just pack up my things and leave this thread, your superiorness.

Have you seen the fucking price of them things to.
You will never get the penetration ou need with a led light. They was saying years ago that the tech will develop and it will be more viable and it hasnt happened and they still saying that shit now

Yeah you could make some spore prints.
when they are mature you just take the cap off and let it sit on some tinfoil over night

i know for a fact they will my man. hows 1.5 gram per watt sound to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=jvWX_SioIpQ

Yea, more and more are popping up every day

If it was showing it sex then it was ready for flower. You growing a plant not a tree remember and cuz you using that flourescent you wanna keep it as short as possible cuz of the low light penetration

>brown and curled leaf tips throughout the plant

nice shit soil you got there OP, did you dig some up out of your backyard?

have you even checked out the new LED tech in 2016? at this point they have surpassed HPS in efficiency.

youtube.com/channel/UCPSwmwj8ZLXObtBJmz-76rw/videos

the more you know

i run a hydro store. i try and steer people away but sometimes these people come in with a near religious devotion to them. they won't listen to experience or science. all i can do is tell them to buy one with a money back guarantee for when they find out for themselves.

Okay then that's what I'll do.

you cant say they aint hairs can you

Cool. Guess I will have to start sometime. Beats spending 40-50 for 3.5 grams of just cubes here.

yea, the 1-3 watt chinese led grow lights are garbage. get some legit bridgelux or cree LED and you will not be disappointed

At the end of the day absolutely nothing has deeper light penetration than a 1000hps. Sure, led may become very viable soon, but at the moment the led just can't match a hps. Yes the led is far more economical in terms of overall energy usage. Using roughly 300w to provide the same/similar light spectrum and wattage as a 1000w but the led still has a ways to go. I've used them for orchids and they work wonderfully but 1000hps is required for certain things that really need a similar spectrum as the sun offers. I do hope that we can have led tech soon that we can run off of solar power. Until then spend the extra money on quality proven methods.

Jesus christ did he say 2months in veg
Dont sound very productive to me

she pretty af no stretching nice and strong leaves are good color looks healthy should produce some A1 chrono bono toronto my nigga

inverse square law buddy. you can have all the electrical efficiency in the world but the inverse square relationship between PAR and distance makes them unviable for any sort of real performance.

Don't believe me? put a PAR meter under one and watch how fast it's light output falls off. it has no penetration or spread. case closed.

if you're looking for an alternative to HPS look into LEC lighting

the burnt leaf tips at the top is from heat, I let it get to close, and I'm using foxfarm soil for this. Not sure about the weird curling one though

Thats so expensive lol an ounce here is like 80-120 bucks

Could be water, over/under fert, too hot, too dry, too close to light for too long, etc. not op btw

youtube.com/watch?v=iT5ivLc3ZFY

read
doesn't matter who makes them. even a 5w chip is still only 5w and it has the spread and penetration of 5w. you have to understand the inverse square relationship between PAR output and distance to understand why LED lights don't cut it.

That thats what I mean when I say bad penetration

Lol yea I'm hoping so

You do know the ppl that make these vids and shit have some sorta interest in selling the damn things .
They just aint a viable option, maybe for veg and clones they are but the price of them is shigh

not mine but it's from my cousin

LMAO you show us a video of a guy who spends a small fortune to build a light that produces popcorn bud. fuck off you twat. his harvest is utter shit.

Hey OP why dont you train your plant? Top it and I'd do some bending too. Its gonna grow like a xmas tree and youre not going to get much out of it

Yea ive been trying to keep it small for other reasons as well as light penetration

That one looks like it needs nitrogen. but if its in the same siol as the others its prolly something else.

your cousin has deficiency problems

Just for future reference you could've made some great clones there. Especially if you topped it and allowed another 2 weeks veg time considering you're doing full 24 veg. Then clone it from there and you're going full cycle quickly

Noice

heres a picture of the future friends

ok boys i'll post a real grow for you kiddies to look at.

Some new bunson burner?

troll or dumb i can't tell which. like i said you led twats have a religious devotion to technology that no real grower takes seriously.

Is that magnyfying glasses over the lights lol

beautiful. I grew a couple white widow before knowing what I was doing but they died as babies. Was a horrific experience.

Fuck me those are some healty plants

says the dinosaur using t5 technology. my leds are nearly TWICE as efficient as your antiquated lighting. over 150 lumens per watt where you are sitting at ~75

it's a lens designed to throw the light in a wider spread. it's dumb. i played with these exact units at my shop/ you can buy a t5 HO that does the same performance while covering a wider area for half the price.

These poor plants need to be liberated. They shouldn't be forced to hide anymore. Fuck the system.

Yeah that shit happened to me for awhile. actually took me awhile to grow properly. Thats why I said for a first time grow that aint bad

they are in separate vases

OP here, very nice dude. Maybe I can have something like that one day

funny - thats a prototype unit that i had custom made. you have never seen some shit like this before user

have fun spending 300%+ what i spent on those t5 HO. you'll have to operate your precious LED for about 5 years that price difference. you led guys wouldn't see reason if it put it's finger up your ass.

clean your room! Good god, looks like mine.

Give it some nitrogen before the thing dies man

I want to go on record as disagreeing with the 30% sativa aspect of your claim. That thing looks 100 indi

Light is light. Fighting over LED and t5 is retarded. Just sayin. Neither one is as good as the sun anyway just sayin.

your t5 wouldnt even be on the chart son

again can't tell if troll or stupid. at this point i'm leaning towards troll because if you actually believe you have a one off unit and that no other units use that lens system you are too pathetic to comprehend

What if he's using 8 t5s at 40w per bulb. What then?

you have to pay taxes on that shit, thats tax evasion.

OP here, that was the ratio on the site that I got the seeds from. Cropkingseeds is where I got them.

the very fact that he pulled out a chart graphing lumens means he doesn't know enough to be speaking on the subject. lumens is an irrelevant measurement in terms of plant usable light.

take this 3k t5 for example.

1000bulbs.com/product/152998/SYLVANIA-20903.html

4650 lumens @ 54 watts
= 86 lumen per watt

like i said it wouldnt even be on that chart

Wat

relax dude i'm like 2000km from him and i don't even talk to him he's like that one distant cousin who i visit 1 time in 5 years just like to share this shit in weed threads

Please tell me more about how lumens work.

magnets, how do they work?

Magnetry.

Next question.