Republicans are officially a part of counter culture

Republicans are officially a part of counter culture.

It's only a matter of time before we see a republican movement in music. And whoever becomes the face of it will be seen in the same vein as Jim Morrison and Bob Dylan.

Good goin, libfucks.

it is pretty amusing how democrats became fascist gradually

It needs to happen. Pretty much the entire music industry at the moment is controlled by 'liberals' (not even the actual left wing).

very amusing, and i hope they keep it up because they're going to get daddy elected for a second time!

Hopefully we get someone more talented than those hacks

This is going to be up the youth.

And they don't need Morrisons or Dylans, they need their versions of people like Greg Ginn & Ian Mackaye.

lefties need to be gas'd

i used morrison and dylan because they were incredibly famous and at the forefront of the counter culture movement in the music scene.

tfw KMFDM isn't edgy anymore. Why live?

does this mean cultural marxists are the mainstream culture now? how do I spot them?

But they were corporate.

That's the big thing, the youth need to reclaim their culture from corporations.

Back in the day we used indie/pink/diy as conduits for information, that msm wouldn't touch.

And it's much much worse right now. Given the absolute state of corruption in things like the media and academia, it would be very beneficial.

The View

The Grammies

Hollywood

I think if they start getting more violent, it is quite possible a conservative counter culture will appear. I doubt they will be full on Sup Forums though.

Pitchfork
College
bogus 'science'

How do you avoid it is the question.

You seriously can't see them? There's so many of them they pushed an unpopular reality tv star into the the job of president

daily reminder that studies have shown liberals have less neuro connectors than non liberals

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

see

the opposite of republican is democrat.

democrats run culture now, and its blatantly obvious.

Honestly it's the most important time to strart a band in the last 25 years.

>ITT: Sup Forumstards circlejerking for being so counterculture and against the man they voted for a billionare that proceeded to put actual Jews on the presidential cabinet

Why Sup Forums?

That's how the pendulum of time works, matey

You couldn't be less informed.

What Trump is doing is heroic.

how were dylan and morrison corporate?

but the republic implies democracy

They were literally on big corporate record labels.

Thus when the shit hits the fan, how free where they?

everyone big was, dumbass
it's because labels weren't manufacturing artists back then

G2b Milo

No shit. But look what happened. Look what's happening now.

I'm not dissing them, I'm just saying big media rockstar ain't gonna happen.

>Yfw when you realise it was fucking Oasis and they were just 20 years too early

I'm not even trolling. They were a bit poppy and later went on to do dumb shit and all of that but:
>Two of the most politically incorrect musicians ever
>Don't give a fuck attitude at all times
>Overly optimistic music in an industry of nihilism and "muh feelings"
>Anti gay
>Made offensive remarks about pretty much everyone

They would be crucified if they were a thing now, and liberals wouldn't know what to do.

the industry was different then. you had to be signed to a label or your chances of making it plummeted, no matter how good your music was. and there were a lot more labels competing against each other, with less manufacturing. they were not corporate at all.

>big media rockstar ain't gonna happen.
big media ain't gonna happen.

this, think of how fucking stupid you have to be to turn being against the rich into something to be laughed at

racial/sexual PC ruined everything. the rich still own all of us.

are you kidding me? some irrelevant chick wore a maga dress to the grammys and now she's famous and selling tens of thousands of albums.

if there was an actual republican music scene, it would be inevitable. someone would get media attention and become the face of it. and i can't wait for it to happen.

I understand the history of music.

However when the shit hits the fan (like now) if your livelihood/career is dependent on colluding corporations and their political interests, how free are you to say or do anything in true opposition to that?

That's what's going on in media/music/academia right now.

>Republicans
Dead party. Neocons are a thing of their own.

Sure, Oasis were counter cultural heroes.

This must be the daily fantasy political roleplay thread.

right, its going on now, but i wasn't going on in the 60s. saying morrison and dylan were corporate is simply false.

It's been one day. Calm down. She's probably all ready blackballed.

Neocons like Hillary Clinton?

As I said, before they went on to do dumb shit, you fucking faggot. Pic related was years after they came about.

I'm talking the first two albums era.

If they were around now, they would definitely be counter culture, and not just for being politically incorrect, even the music itself would be. You just have bad insight.

Incorrect. Dylan has been heavily monitored, harassed and controlled his entire carrer including the (((noble prize))) just recently.

I wonder if there will be a wave of conservative music or just more apathy like the early 2000's after 9/11.

>major, dominant political party in a global superpower
>counter culture

To reiterate what I mean (in their prime):

>Guitar based music
>Didn't give a fuck about anything or anyone
>Openly admitted to loving the money side of things
>Anti "artist" for the sake of being an artist
>Anti self loathing
>Brutally honest
>Anti gay
>Anti foreigners
>More than likely "racist"
>Masculine

The music might have been a rip-off, it doesn't even matter. Some of the songs were decent, and I'd take them over current pop acts any day.

They are everything modern liberals hate with a passion.

>Two of the most politically incorrect musicians ever
>Anti gay

lol what. Liam was an arrogant dickhead that always wanted to get in fights with people and Noel just loved stirring up controversy in interviews. Noel's mellowed out a lot now that he's older and has a family but he still likes giving interviews and every once and a while says something that gets in the headlines. But they were never anti-gay and if you think they were the most politically incorrect musicians ever you either live under a rock or you don't know much music. They weren't saints but they're tame as fuck compared to most other rock bands that got to their level of fame. Noel just bullied Damon Albarn for a few years but even they're mates now.

You have to make and release it yourselves.

Yeah Noel's best friends are Russell Brand, Morrissey, and Kate Moss (who he even lived with in the 90s). No idea where he's getting the anti-gay stuff

if a conservative counter culture musical movement happens hopefully it injects life into mainstream alt rock
shit's so fucking boring and samey now

point is, they can get media coverage. all it would take is one.

What, you mean to tell me that you think two doleys from some shitty chav infested council estate in Manchester weren't racist and more than likely "sexist"? Good joke mate

Liam liked fighting because men like to fight... He's said a shit load of anti gay stuff and it just wasn't blown out of proportion because it wasn't such a big deal in the 90's.
And anyway, I said I'm referring to the 94-97 era. After that, they got friendly and had to settle down for the sake of wives and kids, etc.

Yeah... right now. Learn to read before posting. What part of 94 to 97 don't you understand?
Liam is on video calling a black photographer a "faggots arse" and "bab dick" while trying to get him to fight him.
Noel literally said he wished Daman died of Aids.

There is no doubt that they would both be considered racist and sexist and a bunch of other shit if they said and done all of that now.

There aren't any.
The kinds of people in college who go on and on about marxism, communism and SJW shit are hated by the community and only in the fantasy land of Sup Forums are they seen as a legitimate threat.
Honestly at this point I wish atheism was still seen as the edgy position to take because at least then these clowns would have done less damage conforming to that movement then the 'alt right'.

>Right-wing president
>Right-wing government
>This is the case in the UK as well with the PM and parliament
>"Republicans are officially a part of counter culture."

OP is eiter retard or a troll. "Counter-culture" was a response to the government being right-wing in the 60s, hence all the liberal peace and love stuff the 60s are associated with. If anything, music is about to get as liberal and anti-government as it was in the late 60s/early 70s, and if you plan on boycotting every artist that's on that side, you aren't going to have a lot of new music to listen to.

No they will not. That chick who wore that dress pulled a stunt. It won't happen again.

Have you been in a coma the last 18 months? At best, they'll call you a nazi and do everything and anything in their power to slander and discredit you.

I mean, Milo got kicked off fucking twitter.

Are you shilling or just retarded?

Nah, there is a clear divide now. Half of of the country (interestingly, both in the US and UK) fucking hate each other.
If it's true that the elite want to keep people distracted and fighting among themselves, then they are doing a near perfect job of it.

Music was already liberal beyond belief anyway. It's almost un-listenable. You can't even listen to music without being bombarded by some bullshit political agenda.

This reads like "Grimes is the new Mozart" but applied to politics. Do you write those Grimes threads too?

More disinfo. Sad.

Fuck outta here. Does the right try and violently suppress the left from speaking?

You're a:

SOROS
H
I
L
L

you have to be actually retarded to believe this. sure, the right runs the government but mainstream media, hollywood and entertainment in general has been becoming increasingly leftist. the counter-culture is not a reaction to the government but rather the current state of the artistic scene.

>listening to ((music))
get off my board kike scum

Nah, I hate Grimes, and I don't even particularly like Oasis either. I just think they'd be perfect for pissing liberals off. I mean, they pissed almost everyone off anyway in the 90's, liberals would "literally shake" to death if they came around now

Okay, you must be underage because Oasis was constantly in the British newspapers in the 90s for all of the things they said. Noel compared taking drugs to having a cup of tea and one paper said he should be kicked out of the band. Him saying he wished Damon Albarn got AIDS and died was super controversial at the time to the point where he publicly apologized not long after. And that's not even being anti-gay, since Albarn was in a relationship with the singer of Elastica for most of the 90s. Noel even made a comment on that at one point, calling her ugly or something like that.

trump hasn't even been in for a month. government can't change culture that fast. obama did an insane amount of damage to culture, but it took him 8 years to do it.

90% of mainstream media is far left and 90% of celebrities are far left. being republcian is indeed counter culture, whether you want to believe it or not.

neither of which were politically savvy

And the right has run the government for all of 4 weeks.

>Does the right try and violently suppress the left from speaking?
How can someone be this cut off from the world? Or are you one of those "everything I like is right wing and everything I don't like is left wing" types?

Something can't be "far" anything if most people believe in it

Dylan absolutely knows what's up.

Why do you think he did everything he could not to accept the (((noble prize)))?

You really do believe this shit? wow

i know the whole "alt-right is punk as fuck" thing is a meme but it would actually be pretty marginalizing if a new punk movement emerged that was edgy and denounced liberal policies, basically cutting themselves off from modern youth. there is absolutely no way to be edgy and anti-trump because every teenager on twitter is already doing it.

What the fuck did I even say that triggered you people so much jesus christ
What disinformation am I spreading is saying that the government is conservative?

This is b8 I'm not even going to bother arguing with you

Nigga plz. Berkeley etc.

Fuck off with your bullshit.

Parliament doesn't reflect current culture though. Current mainstream culture is still defined by the "left".

Sure the right wing are in power but they're also fucking loathed by the media.

Honestly though, being counter-culture doesn't mean being a conservative. It just means your willing to stand against bullshit like collectivism/cultural marxism, cultural relativism and political correctness.

literally no argument except "wow, how can you believe this" kek

bravo liberals

That's because you're full of shit, and are getting paid to distract and spread nonsense.

Fascism was always a Leftist ideology until after the horrors of the Holocaust when it was strategically passed off as right-wing to save face and maintain moral superiority. The Left of today is as fascist as ever; conservatives today are really classical Liberals.

>a few literal anarchists that essentially no one on the left has endorsed are indicative of the left as a whole

You are fake news.

Yeah... you just pretty much confirmed my point though. They were in the headlines for saying and doing whatever they felt like.
They were truly politically incorrect for a time.
There probably isn't solid evidence of them being anti gay other than remarks, etc, but I'd still put money on that they were just because of where they came from and all of that. At least a little bit. Definitely not anymore.

And anyway, I mean, didn't the press recently even accuse Morrissey of racism?

Nigga plz. Get a real job.

yet a trump supporter can be labelled a white supremacist for posting a fucking pepe

fuck off

Explain what nonsense I'm spreading and what anyone would get from paying me to do it on fucking Sup Forums

Eat Soros' asshole. How about that?

I was arguing with you saying they were the most politically incorrect musicians ever

Not an argument. Go back to Sup Forums.
Not an argument. Go back to Sup Forums

Do you need a safe space?

Because George Soros is totally different than the Kochs somehow.
So it's different when they do it.

No, I just think you would be happier back in yours.

>tfw all the republican alt right counter culture will do is whine about liberals instead of making anything that will be seen as interesting or thought provoking to anyone outside of it

I never said the most politically incorrect, but they were definitely up there. Especially for a pop act, at the end of the day.

No, we're not the one's telling people to fuck off for not having the same political beliefs as us on a board for music

>implying that there's even such a thing as a counter-culture anymore because with the invention of the internet, people just kinda find their own specific niches and they all blend together in a bit of a gray area of different music and art where we all do whatever the fuck we want

>implying that that's a bad thing

>"Two of the most politically incorrect musicians ever"

Are you alright? Did you bump your head?

>counterculture against the mainstream media, hollywood, journalism etc etc etc*

Yes, meaning two of the most. Meaning if there was a top 20 they'd be in it. Maybe even top 10 for outspoken.
Are you fucking retarded or what? It doesn't mean the very best, you illiterate cunt.

if this board was around in the 60s you fuckers would be bitching about all the sluts at Woodstock and (((Bob Dylan))) and Hendrix being black