What the fuck is "cultural appropriation" and why is everyone making a big deal about it?

What the fuck is "cultural appropriation" and why is everyone making a big deal about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=St2P6nx62PI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-shirt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon
youtube.com/watch?v=DMrYfKo9qoY
youtu.be/ui9s6GupBWI
youtu.be/8m7Z4AVWja4
youtu.be/y8VLXIdKqC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish the chick in the picture would stop wearing American clothes. Offensive that she has appropriate our western-style of dress.

Ehy is she in a white woman costume though?

Oh, and cultural appropriation is how all great art has been made for the past 100 years or so.

Retarded children inventing shit to complain about

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=St2P6nx62PI

why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

I heard someone explain me this shit.
As in
Don't take our heritage and use it incorrectly i.e using the fashion on dia de muerte in Latin America as some kind of daily fashion. It's part of their festival and it should stay that way.

Checkd

I am not gonna have a hissy fit if somebody dresses like a cowboy, or shit, like a leprechaun or something.

I mean, sure, they're minorities and marginalized people with their delicate culture, whatever.

It's when people turn your cultural and religious heritage into meaningless costumes for Chad and Stacey then have the nerve to get fucking 100% buttblasted when you point out that it is a shitty thing they're doing that cheapens and mocks sacred aspects of your culture. 'Muh freedomz'

Oh sorry, forgot i'm on Sup Forums: HURRDURR SJW CANCER AMIRITE? DAE HATE NIGGERFAGS HURRRRRR

its bullshit. the concept doesnt even exist outside of america for the most part. actual chinks, japs or whatever usually dont give a fuck. better have foreign people adopt your culture than them coming to your country and not adopt the culture.

gtfo sjw nigger loving cuck fag

what are some mixed race stereotypes?

When you phrase it like that, it does sound like a genuine thing to get upset about.

ugly
can't get bone marrow
doesn't fit in anywhere
high percentage of fags
mental illness

Sheesh you guys need to lighten up.
Also, nice Rush get.

Question: Is blackface inappropriate and offensive?

It's a way for faggot millennials who have no real issues or rights to wrong like their parents and grandparents had to feel like they're making a difference. A way for 1st world douchebags who have no clue what actual oppression is to try and make themselves feel morally superior without having to put themselves in actual danger, they'll lambaste some dorky college kid dressed in a toga that just wants to have fun and drink at a Halloween party and treat it as if it's comparable to people volunteering their time and sacrificing their safety in some third world shithole where women are actually oppressed, where fags get tossed off of buildings for being gay etc.

These are the same fags that protest violently then cry when violence is returned on them. It's just best to ignore the retardation if possible and throats punch them when necessary.

blackface was necessary because in the good ol days niggers knew their place

so what if you were in prison... who would you sit with?

you'd be the bitch if you didn't look black

This. Add in marxist double standards so that it's only a problem if Westerners are doing it.

So, multiculturalism is a wonderful thing, except that you're only allowed to gain cultural influences with the explicit approval of the originating culture.

This is, of course, nothing like interplay between cultures actually operates, and suggests that cultures of the world would be best isolated from each other, so as not to appropriate anything from each other.

The real reason: it's a tool for people with little actual problems to gain sympathy, power, satisfaction and peer approval by either victim-playing or pretending to be a hero by beating the Evil Western Culture that doesn't actually fight back anymore.

BTW Cultural appropriation is only a problem in the cucked states of america

No other country gives two shits about this "problem"

This is now a get thread.

>> 710000000

This
Intelligent nations don't care.
Fucking cucked liberal shithole

it's this thing where white people try to preemptively strike out at those who don't believe they have culture. Guess what, their culture was stolen away by the illuminati!!!

"American" clothes.

Either it's made in China or it's worldwide.

America did not invent shit regarding clothes except for nigger shit.

Check'em, son

denim jeans, faggot

And yet the entire world tries to dress like Americans.

Only in america is this a problem...
Jeez America, grow up.

little bit longer than that, buck-o.

Are you kidding? America has to be the most unfashionable country in the world. Apart from big city fashion you all dress like oversized children.
Paris, London, Tokyo are the fashion capitals of the world

>The T-Shirt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-shirt

>Denim Jeans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeans

>The zipper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipper

>Nylon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon

dress up as a cowboy and see if you get hate from sjw

Today is a good example of long term cultural appropriation by the rest of the world.

Halloween is an Irish/Celtic holiday (Oíche Shamhna) that Amerifats turned into a commercial farce, just like St. Paddy's Day.

There's a cultural reason why it's today and full of ghouls. Why people dress up and trick or treat. And why people carve pumpkins (traditionally turnips). Of course, just like Native headdress, none of you know the significance of any of it.

So unless you're a white, potato munching faggot - GTFO my holiday.

Name one worldwide fashion trend that didn't start in the US in the last 50 years. The entire world has followed the trends set in the US since the 50's, the greaser look, the hippy look, the 80's hairband rocker look, the grunge rock look, the hip hop look from the 80's on. Yeah Paris Tokyo London might have high end shit but the vast majority of people in the teens up to the 30's are all going to be wearing clothes styled after whatever is popular in the States.

I really don't understand why "cultural appropriation" is supposed to be a bad thing? It's the way culture moves forwards instead of being stuck in a time capsule.

A culture grows by watching others and assimilating the things that fit in and dismissing the rest. Perfect example is Christianity for example, almost all it's major holidays are taken from other cultures and has been assimilated (and adapted to fit.)

SJWs are so fucking stupid. If you celebrate your own culture you are seen as being racist and if you celebrate somebody elses you also seen as racist. I guess they just want us to be as miserable as they are.

because everyone is a pussy ass faggot bitch that cant handle their own feelings so spectate everyone else do it for her

>SJWs are so fucking stupid. If you celebrate your own culture you are seen as being racist and if you celebrate somebody elses you also seen as racist. I guess they just want us to be as miserable as they are.

Only applies to white people. Non whites are free to celebrate or appropriate with impunity and without fear of reprisal.

Hey that's my school

youtube.com/watch?v=DMrYfKo9qoY

pretty well discribed here

Not quite yet.

but soon.

>This is what amerifaggots actually believe

Sjw nonsense and nothing more. Like everything else involved with intersectionality it is total bullshit that is harmful to society. Intersection has made all of humanity collectively less intelligent.

I'll get on board when you sjws go after a costumes that appropriate a culture. AS of now you are only offended by certain costumes, and are hypocritical at best.

Refute or self immolate

This is the first time I heard of this.What kind of bigotry is that?

It's a bad thing because we as a society will fine a native american girl $1000 and withhold her diploma for wearing a feather at the graduation ceremony, then turn around and have a cowboys and indians party where white people can run around campus half naked and wear feathers with no issue

Cultural appropriation is oppressing a people, brutalising their culture out of them until they "act white" enough for you to be comfortable, and then wearing that same culture as a costume to further rub salt in the wound

Actual cultural appropriation is when a culture is claimed by people who didn't create it who then go on to claim that they are the ones who made it and the original is the fake. Tumblr cultural appropriation is when somebody wears a dress their ancestors didn't make. Think of actual appropriation as breaking copyright, but tumblr want to remove fair use and will scream at anybody who does something under it.

I know that feel.

you're retarded

Cultural appropriation is when leftists and nonwhites live in a majority white country and look for some acceptable way to express their anti-white racism without actually moving away from the comforts of Western society.

Of course, if you refuse to partake in ANY foreign thing, you are automatically a bigot and racist, too.

In short, it's the other end of the power-stick: They want you to listen, and they want to control what you think and how you act.

Oh, and if you partake in your OWN culture in a way they consider inappropriate, such as dressing in Hugo Boss suits, you are also a racist.

Is it cultural appropriation for all non-whites to celebrate Oktoberfest or non-white immigrants in Europe wearing national costumes?

We don't give a fuck and neither should you.

i wore a boss leather jacket to a jewish wedding. it did not go down well

>What the fuck is "cultural appropriation"

its when liberals get butthurt at nothing because they still want to think they are "fighting for the little guy against the system" but in reality, they are the system and they are ruining everything for everyone with their dogmatic ways

>Paris, London, Tokyo are the fashion capitals of the world

yeah for a handfull of literally whos, everyone else dresses like an american and listens to our music and watches our movies ect.

Shits getting out of control

I feel bad for Americans.

these costumes should GTFO anyway, but for reasons of being non spoopy.
halloween is for scary shit

This dick named Bobby Heikkinen went to a party in blackface, world is fucked

I thought SJWs liked pirates, due to general okness with the gay.

Cultural appropriation is where you have peoples such as the negroid races dressing in Western clothing, as opposed to loincloths made from bark, as they would in their natural environment..

>halloween is for scary shit

This. Im tired of people dressing up as lame ass gay shit. Dress up like a mummy or Dracula or something fucking scary.

girls who put cat ears on and go as a "naughty kitty" piss me off the most.
if you want to do slutty halloween, do it like this

>promotes rape culture
damn those somali pirates

Niggers don't want to mix with Mexicans in case the offspring are too lazy to steal.

>wearing a leather jacket to any wedding
>let alone a Jewish one
>didn't go down well

Gee, I'm stumped by that one. Must be dem SJWs.

Because none of these people have real problems, or ambitions for that matter. This is the type of shit that happens when food and water are too easy to access.

But user, mummies appropriate egyptuan culture and draculas are too scary, you might trigger someone which would be a microaggression

i wore it over my clothes because it was cold, thats what jackets are for. theres a guy at the door who takes coats and bags

>Cooldown
in the case of OP's pic, why is she bothered, look at her clothes. I'd take more seriously someone from that culture itself. She is far removed from that culture and for taking offense it has created a new, shitty culture.

Way too sboopy.

You must be 18 or more to post here.

>I AM NOT A COSTUME

She's my favorite costume in fact! The bleeding-heart SJW cunt who moans and cries about her 'culture' being made light off when she can't even fucking use chop-sticks.

>i am not a costume

I don't know... depends on how well your skin suit fits me.

And the red lipstick they share with every one
Happy herpes everyone

funny how these people don't complain around Christmas when they are getting presents

Only a Weibo would care. When fundue is the last great invention of your culture then there's a problem. No wonder why your girls pine for the BBC, while you're in Sup Forums fapping off to trap. Find your own shit

On the left you see a typical user, in the characteristic attire of his subculture.

Hey buddy, I am NOT a costume!

please stop giving attention to retardation like this. if people just ignore it and treat them like the retards it is then shit like this will stop before it even crosses the door line.

just fucking stop.

pretty funny how edgy teens dress up as what amounted to a Catholic terrorist

"Cultural Appropriation" is the PC way to say, "I, and I alone, get to control how you dress, worship, eat, and behave."

wow someone sure is butthurt about something

The thing is, just like all of this kind ofissues, The middle line is a huge gray line, and for some people you are a cowering voward or an offensive fuck. Or you just make other people más, like Marvel in De Strange where there was supposed to be an old Tibet wise man, but The character was really stereotype heavy and (they argue that was the reason) in the movie they made him a white woman. Bout now people are accusing never of white washing

Tl;dr: if you have an opinion you will always be a fucking piece of trash to someone or other

>666
metal

And yet here you are getting pissed about it. Why even legitimise it?

It's absolute bullshit and only these fringe retards worry about it.

>intelligent
>still pushing the same homogeneous bullshit

pick one

This is happening in the US because we are the most socially advanced country on Earth.

Fucking autocorrect I'm never posting on my phone again

>dress like a cowboy
stupid fucking rednecks
they're probably all Trumpfags

"I am not a costume"

Then they go dye their fucking hair blonde and get blue contacts. Whatever. Okay I can see how this would be offensive. I get it. But don't pretend you little fuckers don't bleach your skin and get eyelid surgery to look like white people.

This shit is ridiculous. I saw an article the other day claiming sushi is cultural appropriation. Canoes are cultural appropriation. They're so quick to get offended that they don't realize cultures imitating one another drives progress and makes our lives better. Hell, if we hadn't "culturally appropriated" Native American tactics then we wouldn't have beaten the British.

If they really don't want to commit cultural appropriation they should run around naked in the fucking woods and stop using things whites invented.

youtu.be/ui9s6GupBWI
youtu.be/8m7Z4AVWja4
youtu.be/y8VLXIdKqC0

Cult urinal

>marxist double standards
paranoid nazi detected