What are some good (truly horrifying) horror movies for halloween, Sup Forums?

What are some good (truly horrifying) horror movies for halloween, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rH_O5h2109M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any documentary on globalism. The common wage will drop sharply and the cost of living (and specially the cost of raising children) will dramaticly rise.

Oculus

>good (truly horrifying) horror movies
>pic of grave encounters
kek

Give me a good horror movie then. I just grabbed it off google images searching for "scariest movies"

well it is a good movie. Mad bro?

The first grave encounters was pretty good actually

REC 1 and 2. Martyrs. I dig the new Evil Dead. The Exorcist.

They are still playing Don't Breathe at the cheapo theater near me. Should I go see it tonight?

It's not bad. Kind of a cop out ending but there were some good scares.

Take about three or four hits of acid. Then binge watch the original Evil Dead trilogy. You won't know whether to laugh or scream the entire time.

How about life?

Problem Child 2

The Grifter

This is now a spooky feels thread

Event Horizon

The ring or the grudge original asian versions

Thief, I was five seconds from posting that!
Have you ever seen fire in zero gravity? It's beautiful....Shit gives me chills. Man was in a dark place to be thinking that. Fucking awesome movie.

Paranormal activities 3

Crap

This, it's the most intens horrifying film i've ever seen. I have never been the same since i watched it tbh. I watched it with my brother and he had to go to the psych ward after that. The sad part is he killed himself a month ago.

Can you be more specific? I looked it up and can't find it.

What year?

the first evil dead was pure horror. There were no comedic elements to it other than maybe some of Campbell's acting

This one is by far the scariest (still not very scary when talking about entertainment on a screen) and the best.

What? That movie and all the other ones were shit.

Yup. The Chin has made a career out of being an over the top actor. It does not always work, but Burn Notice was good, and anything directed by Sam Raimi with Bruce Campbell in it always has been hilarious. There is something to be said for being so good at being bad enough to be obliviously funny. The fact that he knows that his best is done while being so over the top just proves it. It had to be a difficult career doing shtick 50 years after The Stooges.

Oculus is underrated.
I just watched Absentia (by the same director) and I thought it was scary and atmospheric as fuck.

Are Ouija and Hush pretty good?

Not so much scary, but just so out of reality. I'd fully recommend Eraserhead.

You gotta watch it in HD with headphones on in the pitch black.

I recommend The Wicker Man (1973). Not scary but very unsettling.

The amityvile horror.

begotten is nice and relaxing

You just brought back memories of when I first started watching scifi channel at like 11. So fucking dumb. This is like telling him to watch the Hellraiser movies. Go to school you fucking child.

The Babadook is probably the best horror movie I've ever seen

The scene when you forst see all the locals in animal masks is pretty scary

Such a fucking joke of a movie. There is nothing deep about it, its just awful.

Instead of watching a horror movie you could always read the works of Junji Ito, he makes amazing horror manga.
>Uzumaki
>Gyo

Halloween isn't supposed to be about horror. It used to be about magick and positive energy work until you faggots came and trampled all over our culture.

From Gyo

"Mama."

frankenfish

its not a horror movie its suspense

edge hipster wiccan alert.

muh broomsticks.
muh muh muh, muh heritage.

"The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock. Terrifying that this piece of shit ever got made. It proves you are no one until a white family owns you

so a thriller, then?

thriller is just a word for "good horror movie"

I second Martyrs.

ya srs bro?
the horror scenes are all predictable as fuck

Not a very good horror movie imo
but still interesting enough to watch it till the end

Couldn't even finish it.

havent seen Ouija but I've heard good things.

Hush was really fucking good

Couldn't even start it.

>Hush (2016)

how the fuck is this entire movie allowed to be free on youtube and in 720p?
youtube.com/watch?v=rH_O5h2109M

This so much,I don't understand why it is called horror

Good thriller,but no horror throughout the film

This.

what makes a movie a horror movie as opposed to a thriller? Supernatural elements?

6spooki1249me

I see it more as a character study about a mother with postpartum depression, and her struggles to try to provide a normal, caring environment for her son whom she resents for the death of her husband. The use of the Babadook as the personification of her depression/sadness/rage was done very well imo.

The fish are alive by a mechanism underneath them, created by the protagonists grandfather. They use gasses created from the creatures to work.

>:^)

it's psychological horror. There are no real supernatural elements, and that makes some people think it isn't real horror (even though you only find that out at the end).

I haven't said it was bad, but I don't think Grave encounters was "Truly Horrifying"

Do you joyless dipshits ever fucking stop

no

Baskin

It's funny but seriously it's gotten so fucking old that literally everything is just another part of the narrative

Don't dig any deeper, it's fucked

Eyes Wide Shut is creepy af

this. not a slasher, just intense as fuck. great concept for a movie, great execution.

The 1982 version of The Thing.

Outstanding movie!

>ctrl f
>No The Thing
John Carpenter's The Thing one of the best horror films ever made.

fuck. beat me to it.

There's just something about those dogs howling that got me when I first saw it.

If you want scares and tension as well as a good story - then this is your movie!

It's fucking shit

Take some acid and watch banshe chaper.