/gg/ - Guitar and Gear General

Kiko Loureiro and Dave Mustaine Edition

Fuck the stupid links. Google exists for a reason.

Last thread not that anyone cares

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lo5mvTfYSQY
youtube.com/watch?v=ucOHDkSunXM
studybass.com/lessons/intervals/basic-intervals/
youtu.be/gmsex9ceUEs
clyp.it/si1n1uca
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Leah

First for defend guitar music

>*knock knock knock*
>*echo echo echo*
>wow user this carpathian koa wood is really going to make your guitar sound great, we'll keep it in the PRS Private Reserve ToneVault until your ready to make that $4,000 payment, though.

Can we post Paul Reed Smith memes in this thread? I love those

Do it.

Defend kebab

You literally posted exactly what was going through my mind I just didn't refresh the thread to see it

I don't have photoshop though

I don't care what you think

>black jazz 3
>phrygian
my nigga

Nigga, I made that with paint.net by hand and you think you need photoshop to fill it out...

Reminder that all non-guitar related posts in this thread will be reported and those posting them will be warned or banned accordingly.

Make /gg/ Great Again

>alder body guitars
>mahogony body guitars
>seymour duncan pickups
>dimarzio pickups
>blackface amps
>marshall amps
>grover tuners
>Fender vintage tuners
>TOM bridges
>2 point vintage bridges
>stratocaster guitars
>les paul guitars
>es-335 guitars
>bone nuts
>aluminum nuts
>rosewood fingerboards
>maple fingerboards
>dot inlays
>block inlays
>12'' compound radius
>25.5 scale guitars
>24' scale guitars
>non flame topped guitars
>orange amps
>amp modeling
>sustainiac pickups
>graphtec nuts
>floyd rose
>Bolt on guitars
>thru body guitars
>5 way pickup selecters
>single coil pickups
>telecaster guitars
>high gain pickup guitars
>ibanez 'guitars'
>SGs
>firebirds, Vs, and Explorer guitars
>non-mark tremonti guitars
>Jazzmasters
>Hollowbody guitars
>Taylor guitars

oh I am laffin

R8 h8 appreci8 deb8 m8s

Nice collection however the rest of your house looks poor as shit. Sell one and hire an interior decorator.

Anyone that only owns Fenders I just automatically assume they can't think for themselves and are scared to try new things so they just go with babby's first which is usually always Fender

0/10

Best taste in strat colors and p-basses ive seen

fuckin phone let's try it again

what is that keyboard

why are those drums set up so strangely though

How much money do you think PRS has? What is his net worth?

>literally every kind of guitar ever
>oh I am laffin

Fuckin what

lol this is a spare bedroom; the rest of the house is nice though!

Normally I'd agree with that point, but I've found the body style to be most comfortable for me. I've tried other guitars through the guys I play with and they've got some great guitars. BTW my first was a dean guitar

thanks bud

it's a casio ctk-150. it was given to me by sister and I learned music on it and have since retired it. Sadly it collects dust :(

What do you mean? Give the orientation of the room I had to make the blue set a bit tight and have grown accustomed to it. The black set is for my niece and nephew whom I'm teaching them drums on.

What instrument is dead and why is it guitar?

Guitar.

vuvuzela

What does a south american cointry have to do with this?

did they do too much botox wtf

who are these guys? can i have a quick rundown?

>you will never own such a fine instrument

youtube.com/watch?v=lo5mvTfYSQY

So what's the hardest song to play?

>youtube.com/watch?v=ucOHDkSunXM

a wizard

i love shit like this

goddamn nirvana was trash

Not many bands have literally destroyed their equipment while still creating melody

Melody isnt the word youre looking for

Yes it is

No it isn't.

I have a little question about theory. I'm following this guy's guide and he started talking about intervals: studybass.com/lessons/intervals/basic-intervals/

When he names all those intervals, he is referring to the intervals on the ionian mode, right? I mean, the second, third, etc interval are not at the same distance, for example, in a dorian mode although the key is the same. A minor third would equal a major second in the dorian mode as far as I can understand.

Or am I mixing my shit?

Yes it is

No it isn't.

So the band as a whole create a single note line? That's what a melody is. You're looking more for the word cossonance, sounds that are pleasing together. This is a better example of when cacophony can be pleasing.

Yes it is

i like this
youtu.be/gmsex9ceUEs

No it isn't.

No you don't.

this general is lame
post punk rawk

r8 lads

>posts the bassist from the sludge metal era
Ill start

>JC120
my nigger

he was the coolest punk guitarist and no one can tell me otherwise

I'm starting to lose the drive I once had to make music so I'm just gonna learn a shit ton of songs.
Just throwing this out there, kinda want to hear from other anons about losing that drive to play.

Friendly reminder that you will never live fast die young while leaving behind a legacy that gets rediscovered after decades of obscurity

took awhile but mspaint managed me well

If PRS is such a genius luthier and his guitars are so amazing, why does he make them with set necks?
Set necks are trash and objectively the worst kind of neck joint.

Bolt on > neck through > set necks

How do you like that EC-256?

what about a neckthrough that's been bolted? huh?

glue is cheaper than bolts my man

>PRS
>being cheap

He's literally Jewish

Anti-Semitism? On Sup Forums?

Now I've seen everything.

There is literally nothing wrong with being Jewish

Redpill me on lipstick pickups

tfw jews are good at music

they are a novelty that had the luck of being used by some of the greatest to ever live

Where did you see that?

Completely fallen in love with this guitar. Playing it just feels effortless. I don't even want to pick up my Jaguar anymore.

>tfw someone says jews are good at music

kek

Has anyone here played a hollowbody Gretsch, with distortion? Was feedback an issue?

If you're worried about feedback being an issue, you shouldn't get a hollowbody at all.

Sound good IMO. the single coil in hte bridge is the problem with tele.

clyp.it/si1n1uca

from the last thread

But is it an issue when playing at home? or is it only a problem in a concert setting

work on your timing. it's not bad but still needs work.

It's amazing. Was such a steal at $300 on sale.

>work on your timing

yea that's the biggest thing. I'm trying to practice my finger picking but it's pretty hard to do it with my arthritis

Did someone say there was?

All the Paul posting has gotten me interested in PRS guitars and I've actually fallen in love with them. I wan't to get a Custom 24 as my next guitar.

Was this perhaps Paul himself posting all these memes to get people looking at his guitars?
Paul, are you reading this?

There's nothing good about being Jewish either though.

Fuh, there's one I found that's a blem for $250, now I'm really fucking tempted.

yes my child

Did someone say there was?

face of pure evil

I don't care what you say about tonewoods and memes and Paul being a terrible person, he can make a fucking guitar.
This thing is pure sex and I would love to own one.

What is the fastest way to learn every position of a scale and in every key ?

Sorry to hear that. I know some great musicians who had to completely hang up their instruments over similar conditions.

what's the guitar in the dream spot?

it absolutely sucks. It's already taken most of the mobility from my pinkies, but the worst part is just seeing all the progress of my 10+ years of playing just crumble before me. half the chords and scales i've relied on so heavily are almost impossible because of it, so now i'm stuck practically having to re-learn from scratch how to play around it.

I've always used a pick and i still have pretty good control with my right hand when using one, but my doctors tell me that learning and practicing to play with my fingers can really help.

FUCK YOU OKAY?! IM POOR GOD DAMMIT UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Do you guys like the sitar?

I can't imagine what that's like. I really wish the best for you.

Thanks man