wtf I hate the British now!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dUfaXmp2678
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying the Scottish aren't British.

>now

The British didn't exist then

Actually during the Scottish Wars of Independence, the Rough Wooing, the Union of the Crowns, the Act of Union and the Jacobite Risings, English writers/propagandists would always try and claim that the Scots and the English were the same people.

There's actually a couple of interesting historical tidbits about it. In the 1400s a Scot was tried for murder in London, and as was his right as a foreigner under English law, he requested that half the jury be made up of other Scots who spoke his language, but his request was denied under the pretense that Scots weren't really foreigners.

Obviously the whole thing was pretty one-sided and most English people didn't even really believe it

wait till you've learned how they've burnt Joan, poisonned Napo, and stuff

>not hating the Eternal anglo before even watching the movie

>Actually
stopped reading there

now watch the passion of the christ

When will Hollywood make a film about the Battle of Brunanburh so that we can see the Taffies, Jocks, Paddies and Danes getting their shit pushed in by proud Englishmen?

What language did you write that in, user?

Fuck off bong. Go kill Diane again.

What language did you write THAT in, user?

i'd rather see an agincourt battle with longbowman quipping as the slaughter frogs by the thousands

>Paddies
There were no Irish people at Brunanburh m8

would rather watch the battle of patay desu

Longbows are meme weapons that can't penetrate good armor.

Why do you think the French were able to launch so many attacks? Because the English arrows couldn't kill the French.

The French wound up getting exhausted in the mire.

>Diane

The Kingdom of Dublin fought there. They were mainly Norse-Gael in leadership but they would've had native Irish forces along with them, surely.

The Scottish and English are the same culturally, genetically and historically.

Is Braveheart the most historically inaccurate film of all time, or is it The Patriot?

youtube.com/watch?v=dUfaXmp2678

>Saxons
>Englishman

t. 19th century anthropologist

Joan of Ark wasn't a real person. She is just a legend like King Arthur.

John Pinkerton, is that you?

They are actually very similar. Apart from the fact that southern Scots and English contain more Germanic DNA all of Britannia is genetically similar, even the Irish

Would you care to elaborate on what you think was false about this implication?

English people see themselves as being anglo saxons, but they arent ango. They were just cucked by the anglo invaders who took over, made them speak their language and implemented their culture on the land while raping the women. Anglos then went down in large numbers in the war of the roses due to them generally being the warrior caste. The modern english person has very little at all anglo ancestry but they dont realise this, they are mostly brittanic/celtic ice age settlers with the rest of the British isles.

>army that should have won 80 years ago finally wins after several tries
I'd rather watch a rocky sequel where Ivan Drago wins

eh, that title probably goes to Agora

Actually the average Englishmen is made up of about 30% Germanic dna from the Angles, Saxons and Jutes. Still mostly similar to the French and Spanish.

>The modern english person has very little at all anglo ancestry but they dont realise this, they are mostly brittanic/celtic ice age settlers with the rest of the British isles.
Most probably, yeah. So what though? We descend from the Angles and Saxons through the blood they mixed with our Celtic and pre-Celtic ancestors. Why do so many Anglo-Saxon kings have British Celtic names if they were so cucked?

>Anglos then went down in large numbers in the war of the roses due to them generally being the warrior caste.
Nope, that's the Normans, mate. England lost a lot of it's Norman / French / Breton / Flemish descended nobility during the WotR. By that time, you wouldn't have been able to tell Angle from Saxon from Briton from Pict.

As a Scotsman I can't express my distaste for this fucking disaster of a film.

This is actually more or less true. To cut a long story very short, Scotland was divided between Gaelic speaking Celts in the Highlands and Scots speaking Angles in the Lowlands. The Lowlanders essentially wiped out Gaelic culture in the 17th and 18th centuries because of religious and political concerns arising from the reformation.

The Lowland Scots are just a bunch of Angles that weren't cucked by the normans. Even in modern Scots there is a lot more North Germanic vocabulary then there is in Standard English.

>Is Braveheart the most historically inaccurate film of all time, or is it The Patriot?

that would be master and comander

My ancestors fought with William Wallace. Feels good man.

And against him probably.

Englishman here.

It is a sore point with some of us that the lowland Scots are technically more English than the English. One of our greatest rune crosses is in Ruthwell (now part of Scotland).

I think ceding Lothian to Scotland was a massive fucking error for both our peoples. It robbed England of half of Northumbria and eventually lead to Anglophone Scotland completely taking over Gaelophone Scotland and damn near demolishing its culture.

Despite avoiding the Conquest, you guys still got lumped with a Norman dynasty though. How did that happen again? Robert the Bruce and Edward Longshanks were both Norman/French by ancestry. Funny old island.

>I think ceding Lothian to Scotland was a massive fucking error for both our peoples
For the Gaels maybe. Not for the the Lowland Scots themselves.

Lothian (and the wider Scots speaking domain) benefited a lot from being part of Scotland, especially post-reformation. Presbyterianism inspired an incredibly productive intellectual establishment centered on Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

I can't speak for Glasgow or Abderdeen since those were both Gaelic/Brythonic cities and never part of Northumbria (I was a bit too loose with the term "Lothian" there) but how would things have no stood for either of us if Edinburgh had stayed part of England and Scotland had stayed a purely Gaelic-speaking country.

Surely, the Scottish Enlightenment would still have occurred (just writing in another language)?

That's what it is retard.

A film.

>How did that happen again?
same way they took over poland and shit. Dynasties.

The Canmore dynasty actively recruited roblemen from the continent. I suppose colonised yourself is better than getting colonised by another like the Irish did.

Sure is /his/ in here.
I like it

well the British hate themselves too so you're in luck

>Hollywood

ok so who of those can be portrayed as blacks

You mean the English, retard

that would be Swindlers List
Oy vey!

I need to brush up on my Welsh and Scottish dynasties, I feel.

and The Pianist. Tried to watch that kike dreck today, Jesus H. Christ...

Oi gobnah, innit the same thang?

>It robbed England of half of Northumbria and eventually lead to Anglophone Scotland completely taking over Gaelophone Scotland and damn near demolishing its culture.

does it really matter? You're going to have a mosque on every street corner within 20 years anyway.

>this is what colonials actually believe

How you enjoying the Pakistani colony of Britain?

you should be hating the british regardless

nigga I can't even tell if you're joking or not

How you enjoying African America?