Guys, can someone say if these are any good?

Guys, can someone say if these are any good?
Today finally took time to go into the woods for my first hunt for shrooms. Have no experience whatsoever and this is something noone talks about in my country. Help?
(On mobile, to big of a fag to rotate image)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.se/search?q=psilocybe semilanceata open&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1012&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgx-q434XQAhWL2SwKHfZFC3kQ_AUIBigB#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=psilocybe semilanceata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they look to be liberty caps (most of the time they don't grow in the woods), did you find them on the floor or growing on a tree stump or what?

not liberty caps at least, dunno what they actually are though

I'm looking for a hunting partner near Charleston, SC. 70/30 cut where you end up with more of what we find.

I am in middle europe region was looking for psilocybe semilanceata. They were growing near a wood road. On the ground.

if you can say exactly what country it would help a little more to narrow down what they could be.

No they definitely DON'T. The stems are WAY too thick. Just because they have a nipple-like structure on top does not make them liberty caps.
They're also too light underneath.

Germany/Poland border north

I've seen liberty caps with thicker stems before but you're right, the gills are too dark.

OP, if you eat those, you can expect kidney failure, which will result in death of life long depencdency of regular dialysis.

Sorry OP. The stems are too thick, and most of them are way too open/flat. The gills should be darker, and wet mushrooms should be browner and have this sticky membrane over them. They also look a bit too big, but that's hard to tell from your picture.
The middle row, second closest to the camera MIGHT be a liberty cap, but it's quite unlikely. The stems are definitely longer in most cases.
Your mushrooms look too translucent too.
>pic 100% confirmed liberty caps in bad light

You should search for a mycology group near you, they will help you identify any mushrooms you find. Even the "poisonous" ones you want to find.

Thanks m8, after so many do not think they are what they should, wont risk that. Tomorrow is another day for hunting

thicker, yes, but in that case the mushrooms themselves are very small and it's generally just thick in comparison to the others. These look bigger in all dimensions.

yeah, after looking up more pics I agree. Last time I went hunting was about 11 years ago in Florida. Came out with a decent haul of genuine liberty caps and some had the larger stem but still bruised right and most were completely purple on the gills

Another image with possibility to identify the size. AA battery

Dude, that one is a definite no-no. If you couldn't identify that one yourself, you should probably read about how to identify them before you even think about picking more. There are countless semilanceata lookalikes, and many are dangerous, some even lethal.

It's not a fun thing, regular dialysis. Be fucking careful.

Look for dark gills, sand-coloured top if dry-ish and light brown and sticky if wet. Crooked long stems that feel rubbery and doesn't break when twisted around a finger is a must. No sock on the stem. No ring on the stem.
Dried (as in bone dry after picking) mushrooms tend to turn a shade darker, leaning towards light brown more than sandcoloured.

They look like a weaker variety, double the dosage and you will be fine. Trust me.

Thanks, hope this helps not only me, but others also.

Bruising is often a good sign, but not all will bruise to the point of being visual. Also, some other mushrooms bruise or have blue-ish tints to them. Don't just trust the colour.
OP - make sure you cross check, you need several things to add up for you to be sure. "Nipples" and colour isn't enough, you need many things corresponding to be sure.
The AA battery image makes it clear these are probably too big. It's rare you get mushrooms of that size, look at the picture I posted with the dried mushroom. That's the biggest specimen I've ever found.

I've experienced non psycho active mushrooms that bruised blue so I know about that. The ones I picked years ago were legit because I dried them out and ate them and tripped like there was no tomorrow

Also, bruising can be hard to tell. In many cases I was surprised by how BLUE it actually was. It turned into this shining metallic blue in a few cases.
Also, don't get alarmed by stomach aches or gas, these are common symptoms of mushroom digestion. I vomited on my first shroom trip. Eat some ginger an hour or so before consuming the mushrooms, it should help you settle your stomach. Better luck tomorrow!

If it bruises blue it's true

They could possibly be Azurescens though. thicker stem, bell cap, some with nipples, and where they were found.

OP here, funny part is that there was plenty of these. But some have already opened. That was a "no" for me.

These were confirmed liberty caps both by experienced pickers, and the trips I got out of them. Some look very similar though. Make sure they're dark underneath, and that the stem is rubbery.

There are many types similar to liberty caps growing in fields where liberty caps grow. Once you find some that you can confirm are semilanceata you'll probably never mistake anything else for them. But, as always, be careful and never only trust your instincts or first impressions.
When I go out hunting for shrooms, I try to keep many containers with me. Separate the ones that look different at the point of picking them. Then cross examine them once you're home.

Thanks guys, all of you for the enlightenment!
As I said, tomorrow is another good day for hunting. But now will invest more time to understand for what to look.
Great evening/day for everyone involved!

Always glad to help a fellow psychonaut!
>bad picture showing a wet specimen
>the stem is much longer than what's visible in that pic

Last question, there was a sea of these where i was. Can they open their cap? Some have made that already. Maybe its season end.
Most of them look exactly the same

Open as in split? Yes
They most often don't open more than this though, they usually cave in. They're never -flat- unless crushed by animals walking or anything like that.

BACK IN MY DAY THEY CALLED US ZOOT SUITERS AND WE THOUGHT WE WERE PRETTY SHARP

google.se/search?q=psilocybe semilanceata open&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1012&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgx-q434XQAhWL2SwKHfZFC3kQ_AUIBigB#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=psilocybe semilanceata

eat it if dubs

singles confirm asshat

Oh, and about the season - they're around until the first frost. If you've got frost over night you've only got a few days to find the, now dead, mushrooms. They're still fine to eat, but you'll have a hard time finding any of them.

God blessed us with a bunch of shrooms growing earlier this season all over the lawn and I picked a few. There was this secret area where there was a BUNCH of them growing so I just wanted to let them finish for a few days. Before they were done, my mom roved the entire property and saw them and had to destroy them all because that's what she does and what she lives to do. I am sad about it.