Asking as a guy from eastern europe that never travelled much, how many guns are there in america, really...

Asking as a guy from eastern europe that never travelled much, how many guns are there in america, really? And i mean on a real level, do people carry guns on their waists everywhere? Do you see guns in open sight on the streets? I know there's almost as many guns as there are inhabitants but how real is the idea of a gun in everyday life? Over here we have gypsyes and we're kinda afraid the more aggressive ones can pull out a knife or something, i imagine this aspect is terryfing in a place where assault rifles and handguns are legal. Do you constantly have to worry the other guy might have a gun in his strap/car/house?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.wsj.com/numbers/map-where-is-open-carry-legal-1715/
youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0X_gMri8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>how many guns are there in america, really
270 000 000

>do people carry guns on their waists everywhere? Do you see guns in open sight on the streets?
I haven't seen any when I was travelled there. But I guess it can depend on the state, I've only been to California, Nevada, Arizona and Florida.

>I know there's almost as many guns as there are inhabitants
But that doesn't mean that there are 270 million owners there as many people own several guns, some people own a lot, some people collect guns for fun.

American here, only the Deep South is covered with guns. Come to Nee York. We aren't inbred Hillbillys.

*when I travelled

>only the Deep South

el oh el

Deep south fag here. Personally own over 50 guns. Handguns, rifles, shotguns. Bought several...given many from my grandpa and dad

See people with guns on their hip everyone in a while,however most people who carry usually conceal carry.

Then there are crazy fuckers out here like my uncle who just hoard guns. Between me and my roommates we have like 5 or 6 guns in the house I can't remember. But my uncle has like 200 guns total, he spends like almost 50k a year on guns.

Deep south fag, you dont see guns in public like ever, dont listen to that new york cuck, even if you do you dont have anything to worry about

You won't see any person carrying guns in Florida. It's illegal to open-carry. ~2,000,000 people in Florida are carrying guns concealed.

There are 15,000,000 people (probably more now) in the entire United States with concealment licenses. Many states don't require guns to be registered, so you don't know who has guns and where for the most part.
Deep South fag here. Fuck you yankee scum.

in Utah here. Personally I only see one guy who open carries on a regular basis in the downtown area. I think about 30 - 50 % of households have a gun.

Maryland fag here, one of the strictest gun control states. Still own over 40 guns el oh el

I live in Appalachia, I have one gun I keep in my home. Nearly every house has at least one. Hardly anyone carries them on their sides here, but I'd say at least 80% of people have one in their pocket, car, or purse. They make a little fun called the bodyguard that someone can carry in their front pocket and you'd never know it. You just don't start shit with people here because chances are, they're packing one.

New Hampshire fag here, you need a permit to conceal here but next door in Vermont you can conceal carry without a permit no problem.

Some estimates put firearms around 300m but i have seen other reports saying it is closer to 600 million.

Only a handful of states legally allow open carry and the general consesus of most gun owners (like myself) is that concealed carry is a safer bet.

Stay out of the hood and away from niggers and it is highly unlikely to get a gun pulled on you

>270 000 000
This is why I KEK when faggots claim they're gonna get their guns taken away.

There's just no feasible way to do it.

Alaskabro here

Own over 20 firearms
I CC or have a firearm in my truck at all times mostly incase of a crazy junkie or nigger

No shootings in New York ever.

Born and raised in Texas. Yes everyone has guns. No you won't see them. Coincidentally, everyone is for the most part polite to strangers.

Some People have a lot of guns.
Most people don't have any.
The Media is fucked.
It's All the people without guns that complain. People With guns just sit and smile and say, "whatever."
It's Ridiculous.

Southern Illinoisfag here, I have 30+ guns. Most of my family members and friend have comparable numbers. I carry my pistol daily, concealed of course, and know several people who do the same.

>Only a handful of states legally allow open carry
blogs.wsj.com/numbers/map-where-is-open-carry-legal-1715/
If a "handful" means about thrid-quarters of the country, then you're correct.

Even in states where it is easy to obtain firearms you don't often see people open carrying. Most carrying is done concealed.

Yeah, I mean New York City is the cleanest, nicest, and safest city in the United States. And absolutely doesn't smell like Garbage or urine

this should clear up some things for you, OP

I live in Houston, TX which is a mostly (if inconsistently) liberal part of texas and I've never seen a gun out in public except on a cop.

My friends dad carries a gun and my grandpa carries a gun(he lives in northern california) around the house at least, I've known 2 or 3 people who walk around strapped, but I live in a pretty bad part of Houston.

If you're step into a rural area a lot of people have a lot of guns, but those are mostly used for shooting, hunting, "home defense", and shooting your loved ones during a heated argument. Or suicide. Or accidents.

So you don't have to worry about them as much

I've never been mugged, though I do live in a driving city so it isn't as much of a thing as it would be elsewhere. if you avoid places the have third world conditions and follow your common sense then your chances of getting robbed are close to nil.

And the rivers are definitely not filled with bodies that have bullet holes in them.

What world are you living in?

North Texas fag here
You rarely see people with firearms here, and it's likely the ones that have one are concealed carry anyway. Mostly upper middle class/lower wealth class people around here though, you likely won't see people open carrying unless you go to redneck small towns

Yep, you always see kids playing in the rivers, because they absolutely weren't dumping all of their sewage 15 miles off shore for decades.

Texasfag here. We probably have more guns than any other states, we can conceal carry on school campus', and open carry is legal if you have a conceal carry permit. I've never seen anyone open carry any I live in the city.

>are you scared of other people with guns?

No, because I own 8 myself. I keep an ak47 in my trunk and an glock 17 in my backpack.

>gypsies with knives

Top kek. We have Mexican cartel in my city, they can't do shit to me though.

Had some methhead thief at my job the other night who was carrying.
I don't care if responsible people have guns, but when a tweaked out guy muttering to himself has a gun on his hip it's a little unsettling.
So in short, I'm not worried about most people with guns, I'm worried about the people who shouldn't have guns.
That being said, I'm afraid of a tweaker with any weapon.

I mean yeah sometimes you see a dude with a gun on his waist but the ones you gotta worry about are the conceal carry bastards

I live in Chicago & get shot at on a daily basis

Your infograph forgot to mention that american citizens can own cannons as well.

If our country was functioning as intended, we'd have the same arms as the military.

A sarcastic world.

>do people carry guns on their waists everywhere?
I've lived in several parts of California and in Maryland/Virginia around Washington DC. I've taken road trips across the country and driven through about 30/50 states, north and south, over the last 20 years. I have seen all of 3 guns worn openly in public in my entire life by someone not in police uniform.

There are more guns than people here, but the average gun owner has several guns.

A plurality of Americans never use a gun in their lifetime. A majority never own one.

People can do what's called concealed carry with a permit, which allows them to carry a gun and hide it on their person. They have to be trained for this and criminal shootings by concealed carriers is rare.

Some states let people do open carry, meaning they can carry a gun as long as it is plainly visible and properly secured. Even then, there are many places you are not allowed to carry a weapon at all without special permission, like any Federal building.

you think

You have to worry about it if you live in a place filled with niggers. That's usually the trashy area of any city, but hey niggers may be on the loose anywhere. Just make sure to stay away from niggers.

Don't worry about it OP. You won't see our guns unless it's some form of protest. If you're here for a good time just have fun. Be aware that if you chimp out on someone in traffic there is a reasonable chance someone around will have a gun. Are you capable of acting like a reasonable human being? If so, you're incredibly unlikely to see a gun 'in the wild'.

If you decide to hang out on the south side of Chicago at 2am and get mugged, your mugger has a gun.

Just like the rest of the world, if you are a tourist, stay smart and stay safe. Oh, but here you can totally make friends with gunbros, and go innawoods shooting.

So in the US if you go out for a walk chances are the people you meet on the steet have a firearm concealed on themselves at all times?

30% chance.

That's the point with gun control though, isn't it? Who gets to determine if an individual should or shouldn't have Rights? Sounds to me like Right = Privilege to gun control proponents. And if that's the case, nobody has rights once you start trying to decide who does.

Pretty informative. Not even much spin.

No, there is a chance. That's the thing about responsible gun owners. You never even know they exist.

Where I live it's safe to assume that, or rather its safer to assume that. You just don't start anything, cause you never know what kind of edge people are on, or if the nice lady walking her dog has a hot pink 357 in her purse.

Yeah, but those people carrying legally you shouldn't be worried about.

> minigun is worth $400000

What? You can buy an armored military SUV with a minigun mounted on top for that much money. Who made that bullshit pic?

Pretty solid chance some of them do. I have a concealed carry permit and am usually armed. I own many weapons for hunting, sporting, and defense and most of my peers do too. I live in Ohio.

>They have to be trained for this
Not in all states. Some just have an application for a permit and that's it.

The west coast is locked and loaded

unless they're your friends or family, in which case you should definitely be worried

So, 75 children are shot every day. 9 die, 6 are permanently injured... and 60 recover fully? Holy shit guns are bad at killing kids.

I mean, in ground pools are way more effective. I guess this is why the moat was the original go-to home defense of the well-to-do gentleman.

The felons in America have discovered that they are allowed to carry black powder guns

The joke must've went straight over my head.

>an ak47 in my trunk and an glock 17 in my backpack
Not doing you a lot of good in there are they? What happens when someone starts shooting, they wait for you to pull them out? You wear a vest?

It depends on where you go, I live in Arizona and there are guns everywhere. Most ppl that live in Arizona carry them on them at all times.

Texas here. Legal to carry a firearm in the open. I own lots of guns. I Carry 2 with me everywhere, have one in the center console of all of my cars. I still conceal mine for safety reasons. No we won't shoot you unless you attack us. Yes America is safer because of this. I can go to the most ghetto part of the downtown area at night and no one will fuck with me because the niggers never know who's armed and who isn't.

I'd certainly steal the guns from your car though.

That stand your ground thing about florida is bullshit. You can only use deadly force if your life is in danger

>because the niggers never know who's armed and who isn't.
So you could also not carry too and be just as safe by your logic.

So everywhere you go potentially crazy people could potentially carry firearms that fire real fucking bullets that could potentially kill you in an instant, in case you get on someones nerves or some thug wants to roam across state lines and get some quick money

thats fucking insane

I live in Arizona and I've never seen a gun anywhere.

This is actually true. Those who carry responsibly make it more safe for everyone. Is this a difficult concept?

> All those fags who think they are badass with their guns

Knives are actually way more scary and deadly. The only reason why people are always talking about guns is because they are easier to use and make retards trigger-happy. If someone decides to harm you, better to get shot with 9mm by a nigger, then get your guts out by a gypsy.

It's terrible that kids get shot, but statistically it's not a problem compared to Whooping Cough or Influenza and a couple other endemic diseases.

The main problem is that people aren't required to properly secure their guns at home. Some states have laws on this, but even then no one ever checks unless the police have some other lawful reason to be in the home. In general, US law tends to take the stance that you can be reckless with your children, but you'll be charged with criminal negligence if they get hurt.

Other countries routinely check-in to determine if a gun is being stored safely, but it the police here are very against it because they're understaffed already and there are too many guns to realistically check.

Yeah, it kinda sucks.

NJ only people who carry legally are cops and retired cops. Conceal permits are impossible to get for the average joe. Never see open carry here.

more guns and burgers in usa than the rest of the world combined

Depends on where you go really. Don't expect to see guns everywhere though, even in hick towns people still mostly keep them either concealed or stored.

If you travel to a state like California you probably won't even see a gun (unless you're stupid and go to Los Angeles).

Cities to avoid:
New York (unless you're loaded you're gonna have a bad time)
Chicago
Detroit
Los Angeles
Cleveland
Detroit (really gotta be sure)
Jersey City
Anywhere in the southeast or midwest, these are the areas most people think if when they think of MURICA! and are the most likely places to run across gun toting idiots.

And yet it rarely happens...just watch out for those assault knives your gypsies carry. It really doesn't change much, other than making even the old and the frail potentially armed and effective.

Savage black nigger apes

if youre not in the deep south or texas, dont expect to see alot if any guns. in rural areas people are more likely to own them, i know alot of people who own guns or have family who owns guns, but people just leave them at home

getting shot in public isnt really an issue if youre not in the ghetto, as far as self defense, it depends by state but usually if someone strikes you first or invades your personal property and you have reason to believe its malicious, you can kill them or at the very least beat the shit out of them

dont listen to the news channels or sites, 99% of people arnt going to carry a weapon or try to hurt you

Open carry, while being legal in a lot of the US, is not common anywhere I've lived, including the deep south. We have a lot of guns here but we don't wave them around making a big deal. Like personally I have three, and pic related stays in my car, but I've never shown it to anybody except a few friends who like guns and wanted to see it. My other two stay at home. It's not something we talk about all the time, they're just there.

truth, if you have a good chance of getting a bullet in your skull youre going to be less likely to rob someone

> (OP)
Depends where you go. I live in Arizona and most people in my neighborhood own a few guns. Also in Arizona you don't need a permit to conceal carry

Not at all, Just pointing out the obvious which seems to have put a burr under your saddle, Tex.

>Not inbred
>Just niggers

this is a horrible slippery slope argument

and yeah you can, it doesnt really happen that much though because most people dont go on mass killings when they get upset

ITT Confirmed:
>hypothetical situations that dont happen in the real-world
>Europeans who are afraid of Guns imagining post apocalyptic wasteland scenarios and wild west america

A burr under a saddle would hurt the horse, not the rider, Gov'na, stop gettin your crumpets soggy.

California here, I'd say its about %10 of the people here in the central valley where the conservatives matter. I don't have a gun myself but a few neighbors do for self defense and I only know a few guys who buy guns regularly just for fun. If you can afford one you buy it, if you can't then you don't need a gun really anyway then

I'm in the suburbs around the Philly area and its pretty rare to see a gun. Now that I think about it I think I've only seen one person carry one in public at chipotle one time.

colorado, if youre over 21 you can open carry anywhere provided you legally obtained your handgun, not sure about rifle laws

alot of states dont even have rifle laws so you could technically carry around a shotgun at 18-21 in public, youd probably get questioned though

I live in Oklahomo and I see people open carry out the ass here can't go into Walmart without seeing someone strapped

Well, all stereotypes are based on something. You know, Mexico and US are #1 & 2 in number of deaths by guns on the entire planet.

>all stereotypes are true
>comparing apples and oranges

Tennessee resident here.

I've seen a grand total of 2 people with their gun on their hip in the 8 years I've lived here. 2.

If you FEEL your life is in danger.

Don't believe me? Ask Travon.
Oh, wait. You can't!

>do you worry about the otherr guy might have a gun on him.
No I dont worry, because I have a gun too. Also, because I am not an asshole I dont start fights over dumbshit. We also dont have Gypsies because we woukd fucking shoot them for doing gypsie shit....we do have nig nogs though, but luckily they just kill each other.

I figured it'd make harder for you to be busting that bronco, Cowboy.

>Amerifat btw.

Kek. You can't ask him, cause he dead.

Tavon was ontop of Zimmerman punching him repeatedly and smashing his head into the concrete....Id say his life was objectively in danger.

And how can someone tell me that those apes are not born to be slaves?
They cant do better and dont deserve better than than that! Its 100% BS about black live mater and we are equal, its lile feminist crap.
I am not triggered by that video, I saw many of tham and know them.
Dear god what happend to white race to let them be free and to live with them, why we didnt shiped them in Africa?
>inb4 some black monkey starts chimping out how black did a lot...pls dont

>Probably a Yank

Poor Travon dindu nuffin. He could have been Obama's brother, or at least gotten a free phone and his rent paid.

No. Neither of those countries are. I forget the top ten list but USA isnt on it. Mexico is low on that list and Brazil is #1

At heart.
Been transplanted for 10 years now.

Democrats voted to keep guns out of the hands of Black americans

NRA was founded by Republicans to ensure Blacks had guns

youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0X_gMri8k

Guns are for insecure homosexuals who can't fight

Osu