Hello Sup Forums, I have a question for all of you

Hello Sup Forums, I have a question for all of you.

>be me
>hear sister talking about her living area
>sister has "boyfriend" that spends the night sometimes and stays there pretty often
>doesnt really live there
>sister is also roomates with someone
>splitthebills.png
>roomate got fired from job and doesnt have enough to pay for half of rent
>says that it should be split three ways, roomate, my sister, her "boyfriend"
>when he does sleep there its in her bed, so he doesnt have his own room or anything
>he pays for groceries sometimes and is willing to pay for some electric

What do you guys think? Should they split it three ways or just in half. Again he doesn't really live there, and he takes up no more space than my sister does herself.

>pic almost related

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.pl/b/res/185400.html#q185400
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tell that bitch to pay up

how often does the boyfriend sleepover and does he have his own place? also i agree he should be paying.

Do you mean the roomate or the boyfriend?

OP here, Pretty often, but yes he has his own place. My point of view is that the bill should remain half and half, seeing as he is there unless sleeping pretty rarely. Aswell, the principle is pretty retardo,

why doesn't your sister leave the roommate and live with the boyfriend?

Great question, he has a roommate that has a girlfriend, they don't want him to move in his.

damn dude,
i say she either finds a new roommate or just have the boyfriend pay up.

Fair enough, the biggest problem really is the principle of it all. The only reason she's being a bitch about it is because she can't afford to pay.

I don't think they should split 3 if he's not really using extra utilities or taking extra space by having a room. Roommate trying to save their own butt

well under Canadian law the boyfriend doesn't have to pay anything. Its probably just the roommate being a stingy cunt. i had the same problem before but with 3 other angry chicks and i had my own house too. If i waas the boyfriend and I was paying groceries and electric id tell the roomate to go fuck hyerself and find a job.

depends how often he sleeps over. just on weekends, that's cool but if it's more than 3-4 days a week he could chip in.

paying for groceries and electric counts though, so as long as he's doing that I think his conscience should be clear.

make the bf pay up a little bit (>10% of her share). Then, charge her a cunt tax and leave her homeless.

Actually very simple. If he's not on the lease he doesn't have to pay rent. If his name was on the lease then he would be obligated. Tell her roommate to man the fuck up and get a new job. Also we know this "roommate" is actually you OP, I can sense the resentment you have for you sisters boyfriend.

OP you mustn't wait any longer. There are more pressing matters to attend

→ #

8ch.pl/b/res/185400.html#q185400

depends on how much of the utilities he's using. if he's showering, shitting, doing laundry, etc, yeah it'd be nice if he chipped in a bit. but he isn't obligated to.

stop being a beta male

No, the reason i use "boyfriend", is because they aren't really dating

>muhopenrelationship

As well, i agree. Just wanted to get some second opinions

Like i said, he pays for groceries and chips in on electric

That's exactly what it is. Offer to pay her $40 to blow (not your sister, the roommate). Say you won't even sleep over... she can keep all her space and have a couple extra bucks towards the bills.

That is really all she is after (and she's going to end up finding a new roommate once the lease is up because trying to extort your roommate for money because of a common living situation is BS)

If I were your sister, I'd come home tomorrow and say, "ok you win, he won't stay over any more".

The roommate will make some sort of case that's not what she wanted. Just shrug it off and look sad. Give it a couple days, then tell the roommate that since I'm not allowed to have boyfriends without paying, once the lease is up we'll split ways. In the meantime let's set a rate... every time you have a guest it's $22 a night....

That should demonstrate the stupidity of her request.

I actually recommended this myself. It would be wonderful for her to try to spit out any reason for why she should only have to pay 1/3