Why is this masterpeice never mentioned on here

Why is this masterpeice never mentioned on here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBouuIwd2ys
youtube.com/watch?v=h8VLdOGtG1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Apparently mu doesn't discuss good albums bcus they're afraid they'll get turned in to a meme.

thats definitely true for me esp with any band with "waifu" potential

like i never talk about julie byrne or julien baker or wye oak or anything on here because 1. no one replies bc they're not hip meme artists and 2. i don't want them to become weird Sup Forums waifus

No one talks about them because it's boring garbage. None of that shit even has a pulse. Wye Oak? Take your microbrew and your flannel and your huge tits and get the fuck off this board, now.

this, Julie Byrne's album is literal sleep-core. Shit taste.

lmao why are you so mad about these artists that you're not even exposed to.

what do you dislike so heavily about these acts? genuinely curious

i mean yea its mellow, that's one of the main reasons i like it. I'm not averse to music that isn't actively gripping or exciting, I'm also a big fan of ambient music, stuff like Discreet Music and Steve Reich stuff (although that's more contemporary classical, i guess). There's music I listen to when I want to be challenged or engaged, but I also have music I listen to when I don't want to be challenged or engaged. Doesn't seem that controversial to me.

Hate to repeat myself but your dyslexia requires me to do so, all 3 of those artists, it doesn't even have a pulse. It is the most cardboard, flattest most lifeless music I maybe have ever heard and I've been "exposed" to it plenty, wouldn't open my e-mouth if it was otherwise.

And I'm stopping you before you even attempt the "what do you listen to" retort. It doesn't matter what I listen to you, it's what you listen to and what you listen to sucks. I await your patronizations and your endless barrages of "lmaos" and "keks" like I'm supposed to feel mocked or something.

I can name you at least a 100 albums that are "not challening or engaging" and worth your time more than this shit album.

Wye Oak's most popular song has two distorted guitars soloing at once, so if you had even cursorily listened to this band I feel like you would know that they're not this super quiet ambient band.

i get that you think they're boring but like, why are you so mad about quiet guitar-based acts that you probably never hear in your day-to-day life without actively listening to them?

>blah blah blah u mad lol
Save it. The fact that I barely even remember what Wye Oak sounds like is the testament to what I'm saying. You can listen to it all you want at the end of the day I know it sucks and that's all that matters. Goodnight.

>Do It

your investment in aggressive and bizarrely logorrheic takedowns of bands you can barely remember the sound of is legit baffling, i'm not even doing the "u mad" thing

like this was probably one of the weirdest interactions i've ever had on this board lmao

Not him but can you please name some, I'm genuinely interested.

you guys are just new as fuck

What can I say I'm an exhausted uberpatrician.
And I'm very glad to have done that for you I hope our paths cross again I enjoyed flinging my metaphysical dookie at you.

Be nice to kids

lmao those three legit suck ass

why do you think so?

because marine girls exist
youtube.com/watch?v=DBouuIwd2ys

all of them make soulless music devoid of any emotion and its not even in a good depressing way

i liked the song you posted actually but i don't really get how this is related to any of the three artists mentioned above.

idk im also not sure why julien baker seems soulless to you. most of the album is about her struggle with self worth and substance abuse. like i'm a fan and i can't even usually listen to "rejoice" because it's so emotional it makes me uncomfortable

>le asian qt on the cover
>with some sort of a filter going on
Is this some shitty shoegaze or noise pop?

>most of the album is about her struggle with self worth and substance abuse.
most have took away any kind of talent she had.
why not just listen 2 smog youtube.com/watch?v=h8VLdOGtG1g

i just don't get where this moves from being music you don't personally enjoy to objectively bad music

but i guess

>Sup Forums

>music discussion

because you whined about not sharing your "secret" artist of them being too good for Sup Forums but in reality they suck. tho I do like some baker songs in the future she could be good.

no my question isnt why are you responding, it's why these artists "suck" instead of just not being to your taste

like your only justification is that it's "soulless" and not emotional, which isn't really a characteristic of the music

and i actually never said they were too good for Sup Forums but this thread has kinda convinced me they are desu

Because it's not a masterpiece

your a meme

im a zach hill fan but this album is not a masterpiece imo

Because Sup Forums don't listen to loud music. This album is incredibly mastered if you have the chance to listen to it on a good system. Listen to it LOUDLY. It just sounds like a mess with low volume. Ex-ravers can make plebs dance I'm not kidding.

Face Tat is amazing. As good as or better than everything in the Death Grips catalog.