Sup Forums covers The Beatles

PREVIEW EP:
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-love-her-ive-just-seen-a-face-lucy-in-the-sky

>50 Beatles songs spanning their entire career, in chronological order, being covered by Sup Forumstants any way they wish to interpret them
>being sent to me where I'm compiling them for a bandcamp release and for download
>finished songs have to be emailed to me at [email protected] to be included
>you can collaborate with others (for example contribute the instrumentation to someone's vocals, or vice versa)
>very close to being finished, awaiting the final few songs to be submitted

SONGS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO BE CLAIMED (based uppon the last thread):

none

If you have claimed a song and are still working on it, you must update me on your progress when you can. You know who you are. I am freeing songs up a lot quicker now in an attempt to get this damn thing released asap. Be aware that if you claim a song and don't post in the thread or email me about the timescale you're looking to complete it on, it is likely to be taken away from you very quickly. If it is, and you still submit it after I've let someone else claim it, theirs will be used ahead of yours.

>Bandcamp
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/
>Best Of compilation from previous albums
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/the-very-best-of-hanging-dong-volume-i
>Facebook
/Hanging-Dong-309806615895057/

In this thread we can continue to discuss the topics of how/where to live stream the album when it is finished, as we did in the previous thread before it hit the bump limit:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/15tatynap3znur4/Rain (G#).mp3?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=h7SoyudcmS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

just now that I realized that there's a dick on the background

This happened once before,
When I came to the thread,
No reply.

baka no available songs

LADS

>letting the previous thread die
shiggy

lad...

Reminder for those who missed it that Norwegian Wood and Tomorrow Never Knows have been added to the preview EP

Get Back guy here.

Had a lot of BS to go through past couple of days. Still going to work at it.

No worries man, thanks for updating

Rain guy here. Sorry drum guy I wasn't able to reply on the last thread, here it's the track and my email:
dropbox.com/s/15tatynap3znur4/Rain (G#).mp3?dl=0

[email protected]

just send the drum track

good
this project has been taking way too long
happy to see the song list is empty

I wonder if anyone has rapped on their cover

The White Album took 6 months to be completed, and it's just 30 songs. We are still on time.

Difference being they had to write all 30

they write all in India bro

hey hanging dong

im the guy that impersonated you yesterday

I just wanted you to know i wasnt the one who requested the song, i just wanted more beatles

im sorry i impersonated you

Nobody yet

That's fine lad, I wasn't actually annoyed or anything. Found it funny 2bh. Her Majesty would be tricky to get onto the album because it ends with Get Back (wouldn't make much sense coming after that) and we don't have any of the AR medley. Planning to release a "B Sides and Rarities" type anthology thing at some point, with songs which were not included, or unifnished, original versions of submitted songs which were since modified by the creator (of which there are a surprisingly high amount), and so on, so it can go on that I suppose

>Planning to release a "B Sides and Rarities" type anthology thing at some point, with songs which were not included, or unifnished, original versions of submitted songs which were since modified by the creator (of which there are a surprisingly high amount), and so on, so it can go on that I suppose
Oh please do that Dong, I think I send to you that wasn't in the list, it was Hide your love away (I think)

I was gone over the weekend. How done are you guys?

Yeah I'll include that lad

Epic meme

Did taxman ever get submitted?

THERES ONE FOR YOU NINETEEN FOR ME

CAUSE I'M A FAT MAN

they were writing original songs m8
not a very valid argument, also since dong has tried to release this twice already

hype

get back here i finally fixed my internet problem.

ill try and upload it tonight

What are you working on?

Unrelated to the album, but to keep stuff bumped, just recently came across this version of Day Tripper from their final concert that I thought was really neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=h7SoyudcmS0

The song sounds really good kinda heavy and distorted like that, and George's guitar solo is taking on some of the psychish/indian vibes they were working with in the studio. I just never associate that sound with what they were doing on tour so this came as a surprise to me.

Sgt Peppers guy here. All the music/vox are in the can, just need a final mixdown.. Started With a Little Help yesterday, Hopefully track vox today.

happy valentines fellow dongs

What songs have been claimed but haven't been sent in or you haven't you heard back from.If it's on a first come first serve basis everyone should have a fair try regardless of being claimed that way it's actually first come first serve.

Wouldn't that be more like "first sent, first served"?

Sorry if that's not the point you're trying to make.

yes that's it, like regardless of claims all available songs should be shown because some dude probably claims a song and takes a whole week to just noodle around a guitar while someone else can put in more effort and get it in by the end of the day.

Yeah, i did the Twist and shout cover within a day, it's not great but i claimed it and finished it fast.

Yep I'm hearing you guys. I know a lot of people probably enter into a project with the best of intentions, then realize for one reason or another that they can't deliver within the alloted time frame.
I think a week to knock out a track is a fairly reasonable/achievable time frame. So taking this into consideration, guys need to ask themselves (before they even claim a song), do I have the resources, time, skills available to meet this criteria? If not, don't bother. And if for some reason it's looking like you can't make a deadline, for fucks sake, show a bit of common courtesy and let someone know so the track can be freed up for another musician.
I think a 'first sent, first in' model would be an absolute clusterfuck, and wouldn't necessarily yield the best versions, I just think people need to be fully aware of the criteria before putting their hands up for a song.

Bump it out baby now

At least they should update about the song so we all know they are coming, and avoid something like what happened this last weekend and not deliver at all.

I was working on Get Back and vocals for Penny Lane and Taxman however if all fails I do have a recorded cover of Rocky Raccoon although someone said there was too many White Album Tracks already

Bump

I agree My original thought was that people that'd cover a song would send them in and dong would either choose what he thinks is best or post multiple covers of one song and set upa strawpoll for the people to decide the best cover.

Let's keep this shit alive

bumppppp

I know what you're saying, but that sounds terrible. Like, I'd be pissed if I spent a long time on a song, submitted it, and someone else's version was chosen.

I think claiming a song it's the correct way of doing it, so we all can participate and work hard on our covers, what makes me mad it's the fact that so many people claim and dissapear, and doesn't let any other person to work around the song.
I just think they should update on ther progress. (I am a different annon)

Also, Dong, is there any other song left? I would be glad to contribute

No songs left

>people claim and disappear

That's kind of the problem with an anonymous Vietnamese gambling debt support group.

But yeah I agree with you that people should give update s

bump

bemp

for a livestream make an .m3u or something

What are the benefits to an .m3u?

Yeah, but well we are all anons, when i claimed a song i felt responsability to make the fucking song, i could have disappared and nobody would have known but i felt pressure and gave the best of me just so i didn't left the whole community waiting for this down

You're one of the good ones, user

Thanks mate, and i don't mean it as an offence to all the hardworking annons out there, but i feel i little upset about all this shit

Bump

did dong died

NO ONE WILL BE WATCHING US

it's an mp3 but it streams at one time

google it i dont know the nuances

I know what it is. I was asking what the benefit would be to converting all those songs to a single file

everyone's listening at the same time

B U M P
U
M
P

BUMP

Get back
Get back
Get back to page one

Everybody's got something to bump
Except for me and my Dongey

WHY DONT WE DO IT IN THE ROOOOOAD

HEY BUMP DOG

bedtime bump nite nite

What's everyone favorite Beatles' album? For me it's always be Revolver, I still remember the first time I listen to it.

Abbey Road

def sgt pepper

it just clicked the first time I listened to it

Back now guys

We are very very close to finishing, will update further when I'm home

Mine is Rubber Soul.
I like it a lot because it's the tipping point. There was 2 Beatles: one before 1965, and one after. Rubber Soul is the demarcation.

I can remember the first time I listened to each album, as they all had such a big impact on me. Abbey Road was the first and so that was most vivid.

Revolver is definitely my favourite, it's pretty much flawless to me.

The first time i listened Sgt. Pepper was amazing, it was something completely new to me and the sound was just out of this world for me, so i guess that's my favuorite album, but i also love Abbey Road, with all their experience marked on that record and the medley, so i guess that's my second favourite and Revolver the close third, i don't really know, i love all of their albums of course, but this 3 have special meaning for me, they could change order, being abbey road first and revolver second i don't know, but this 3 are the albums i love and marked my life.

>TFW I've just seen a face is better then the original

Watch it now

We're so fucking close now, I can feel it in my loins.

Guys, i want to thank all of you for this, specially you Dong, this shit has helped me a lot to get over a break up, i felt like shit and this project helped me and distracted from my misery, i know probably no one will notice this and that i am just another user, but this made i huge difference for me and i am so thankfull about it.
This break up it's the hardest and saddest moment in my life and you have helped me keeping me on float.

I'm crying here, I'm so happy and pround about this. I hope all you guys get laid in the next few days.
peace

Shit man, sorry to hear that. Glad it has helped take your mind off it

As I said we're now extremely close to the finish line so hopefully this will all be worth it

>extremely close

how close

Glenn Close

>I hope all you guys get laid in the next few days.
ayy

why do you tease me like this im dying

HHHHHHHYYYYYPEEEEE

Dong I'm leaving in like 8 hours

is the album gonna be out in time or do I have to wait to listen till I get back?

bumping this shit

Dong my man, give me some updates

meme

donĀ“t die on me

hey dong, from what you heard, what are
>your favorite tracks
>the heaviest/harshest tracks
>the lightest/comfiest tracks
if you dont want to spoiler the best tracks by saying your favorites, you don't need to

>heavy and distorted

It's almost 90% certain that it wasn't by choice. The band has gone on record to say that whenever they did a concert, they couldn't even hear themselves play and so they'd be really messy.

bump

bump bump bump bubump bump I feel free

It's really a testament to the com/mu/nity, and humanity in general, that this is still being worked on.

wrong band m8

How close are we to a release?

see

we doin this for anco next