Cinematic Video Games Thread

ITT: Tell us your favourite cinematic Video game, and explain why it's Metal Gear Solid 3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9p7gaXyQhlk
youtube.com/watch?v=N_-jyF987MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MeYbHWQrM9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Metal Gear Solid 3, because it's Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4 because Snake had a hard life.

MGS2 and 3 were my main reasons for getting a Vita

Never really even started either 2bh fämälämäzoids

The diablo 1+2 cinematics together make for one of the best short films of all time, in my opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=9p7gaXyQhlk

>mfw MGS V was supposed to be its spiritual successor
>mfw it was cut to shit

Are we just judging it on cut scenes or gameplay too? If the former than its MGS3, if the latter its MGS2.

This is a joke, right?

MGS 2's story is the only thing that redeems it

Red Dead Redemption. Captured a cinematic quality without telling all of its story via cinematics.

I hate this shit. I don't even play video games anymore and I still hate this shit.

They are bad games and even worse movies.

At least the gameplay is good

The story was autistic as fuck, they introduce The Patriots and spend the rest of the series clarifying who they are. Then they introduce Radien, who is kinda of a whiney bitch. The gameplay and boss battles were what saved it.

MGS3 had a good story and did build add on to the gameplay but the setting/environment in MGS2 allowed you to have more fun with the new features than MGS3s more open environment.

But MGS3 has the worst story of the trilogy

Not vidya

GET OUT

>MGS3 had a good story

MGS3 is almost satirical critique of movies, the bond ones specifically, and rails against almost every bond trope ever... it's a really self aware game, that has a moment that does the a snake eater song that made people cry.

name me a better bond song. did you cry during the opening of goldeneye?

>any MGS
>good story

convoluted != good

youtube.com/watch?v=N_-jyF987MQ

Who said anything about story? I like the themes and characterization.

>i r smat
>u iz pleb

simple != good

How do we stop the Sup Forums cancer?

Sup Forums managed to do it so we should be able

Max Payne 3
MGS V

now back to Sup Forums

Sup Forums is a bigger cancer.

... you know kojima was working with Del Toro with his last game, and if it wasn't for Konami shutting down on MGSV....

yeah, this isn't like asking about sonic, Kojima games are better then a lot of movies... I mean this guy made video games thematic like movies... not by making them into movies either.

>Orlando shooting
>Sup Forums should slow down like it usually does since everyone goes to Sup Forums as we aren't allowed threads here anymore
>>it doesn't

>new game of thrones episode
>Sup Forums should move fast, but its moving a bit slower than usual
>>it shouldn't especially the next day(monday)

>e3 monday
>>Sup Forums slows down (threads actually last more than two hours after the last bump like they use to) meme cancer is pretty much gone

>E3 ends
>>Sup Forums goes back to threads dying after less than 40 minutes
Merely a coincidence right?

You're a faggot

>MGR:R gets an adaptation before any other MGS game

t. Sup Forums

Sup Forums is board of peace

ya, blame Sup Forums.

actual Sup Forums is welcome here more than Sup Forums scum

hi there

It's true i see a lot more black.com posts on here then posts asking about cinematic video games.... which in all reality if you look up MGS thee are movies on youtube of each one that are like 4 hours EACH.

MGS are movies.

deal with it.

but yea,h

>HOW CAN WHITE BOIS COMPETE?
>image.png
that's not cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=MeYbHWQrM9A
that's cancer?

MGS1 had a decent story, but the cloning stuff was the beggining of Kojima's autistic shit.

MGS2 was just confusing as fuck, the story was ok up until they do the whole The Patriots = Illuminati thing. When I was 14 year when I first played it and just checked out during most of the Shell chapter.

MGS3 had a good story, it was a hell of a lot easier to follow, had good call backs to Bond/Spy films, and the whole arc with The Boss taking the blame for the US and having Snake kill her was good.

MGS!V was probably a little less confusing than MGS2, but having spent more time replaying MGS2 and reading the explanations of MGS2 online over the years I was able to follow it. The story had some nice nostalgia to MGS1 and MGS3, but other than that it was a really stupid story with some interesting concepts (PMCs).

MGS portable ops had a decent story too, easy to follow, fun gameplay.

That said all the games were good.

>black.com
>pretending you don't know what it's actually called

>>HOW CAN WHITE BOIS COMPETE?
>>image.png
Thats done by cancerous meme posters like you though

yeah because i am actually a Sup Forums faggot false flagging why Sup Forumsis the very definition of poe's law on Sup Forums.

oh burn, I am the reason that Sup Forums is cancer, and not the faggots like you that make a one line response.

ENJOY

If you had half a brain, you'd realize that all of the "SJW"/gender/race crap bledover from fucking Sup Forums, because they have a hardon for such a thing.

More cartoon stuff bleed over also due to Sup Forums. You'd see this started mostly in 2014; more accidental Sup Forums crossposting, more intentional crossposting, more "what if __ was a movie" or "warcraft/etc" that are coming up.

Sup Forums moved in here in 2012; as early as 2011ish due to Big Brother threads "outlawed" due to "poor mean Sup Forums mods" that numerous posted have admitted (back then, not now, before revisionist history newfriends attempt to dissuade), and never left. They use memes to the extreme;, this is their Facebook, they don't care if they piss and shit in the same place they eat.

That's why you see half of this board is spam, also the moderation simply cannot keep up with the massive amount of spam unless you actually send reports. Even then, there seems to be some sort of favoritism with this "fourth round" of moderation (for Sup Forums, since its inception). They delete shit that should be deleted asap (cunny shit, shrek/just/bane [which took forever for them to get on too, the latter memes]), but some things take an awfully long time to delete, like Sup Forums blacked threads.

Stay new.

port ops isn't "canon" but peace walker is... mostly.... that was kind of an interesting game, but really mgs4 was the last good one, and mgsv proves it.

I traded in my PSP before Peace Walker came out, I bought MGS V but haven't even finished the first mission in Afghanistan yet, isn't really a huge priority. I don't enjoy the more open environment/sandbox gameplay as much as the first two MGS were you just infiltrated places in a confined area. MGS3 and MGS4 strayed away from that and I think the new features they added weren't as enjoyable as they could of been.

I really enjoyed portable ops because you could recruit people who had different stats and abilities. I hear MGS V is suppose to be the same way but it doesn't really standout like the others did, maybe because I'm playing the ps3 version because I'm poor.

MGSV isn't a finished game, on any level. so don't worry. The first chapter was Moby Dick, the second was 1984, and fell short, because the third chapter was supposed to be lord of the flies, but a lot of pleb kids think it's only missing 1 level...

it's sad, because it could have been cool...

i "finished" it (i think i dunno) I got peace walker and mgs4, and enjoyed them much more... peace walker is good... it's kinda more of MGS3, but that's not bad, but it's like portable ops but without the base, just the people.

what's wrong with that? The gameplay is excellent