What the hell happened to Halloween? I live in a neighborhood full of kids and only my next door neighbor has came by...

What the hell happened to Halloween? I live in a neighborhood full of kids and only my next door neighbor has came by. Wtf? Kids don't run all over the neighborhood and hit up every house anymore??? I miss the 90s so bad. Have overprotective parents ruined the experience nowadays? I'm actually depressed about it.

The kids know who's stingy and who's not. If they hear a neighborhood is giving out big bars they'll run over there. Used to be word of mouth in the 90s but now they can find out instantly.

i don't fuckin know man, we got a semi-decent turnout this year but it wasn't what we used to get back in the day.

sometimes in neighborhoods it's because of patterns in how old the kids are -- kids tend to clear out for college and shit in waves, then the hood is full of babies who aren't ready to trick or treat yet.

I agree I had 4 kids come to my place when I was a kid I had entire pillow cases full of that shit ^

Same here. Only about two kids knocked on my door. It's sad this holiday is dying.

I'm not buying it. i seriously think society has changed. when i was a kid, by the time i was 8, my friends and i roamed free on halloween. parents safeguard their kids so much nowadays. they're not even allowed to go out!

I saw maybe 10-15 kids this year, usually it's around 40 since we're near the church and are a richerish neighborhood. I have a full bag of candy still which surprised me.

the clowns got them all

Kids go to malls. Zero kids around my neighbourhood on Halloween, go to get my haircut after class, fucking hoards of the fucking things at the mall.

It's bullshit . If your that worried about your kid go with them ffs. I got 2 and i went packin just in case. People that we did see were super nice thou.

I had one large group (15?) and three 2-3 kid groups come.

but has society really become more dangerous? or have things become sensationalized? i believe the latter.

In 2020, the 80's come back. Sup Forums makes it happen yo.

sensationalized. im guessing op is white too or lives in a white area. white people have a bunch of retarded fears

parents are scared and kids have moved from physical play to online play. its why childhood obesity has skyrocketed.

im 22. i was the last generation in my neighborhood to play outside and there are plenty of kids around. no one plays flashlight tag or anything anymore, they just sit on their phones

When you say kids, do you mean teens? Teens dont do that shit.

In my neighborhood, everyone just grew up. Only 1 light was even on this time around and they werent even home

Who knows, but I've been on Internet for many years and I think the society is changing for worse. It's becoming more common to receive hate instead of useful answers in many more places than it used to.

Also, perhaps the people that 10 years ago barely knew how to turn on a computer nowadays floods Internet.

About the society itsels and this kind of events, I think everybody is just minding their own business and they lost the will of doing nice things together. Perhaps the humanity sucks nowadays.

Not the same user

Same here. Not a gun, but I had a knife at the ready, just in case. I like knives. It was all good though, my daughter had fun.

I don't know what is worse, either having your kid suffering at hands of somebody. Or if you are that somebody and the parent who arrived at your door with his child is hiding a knife despite all that smiling.

No wonder why people prefers to skip traditions.

FUCK the 80s
fucking craackheads having crackbabies
the 90s is that sweetspot

yeah, it's the nut allergy crowd isn't? don't these soulless assholes realize what they're doing? it just saddens me. i didn't realize how bad it has become. these kids don't understand risk. but adult life is full of it.

Definitely the first if you are any sort of sane. Having a knife in case of an extreme self defense scenario (I wouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary) is completely different than carrying one with the predetermined INTENT to harm someone with it. Besides, it's a common SOG pocket knife.

>fucking craackheads having crackbabies
Hey, don't talk about your mom and yourself like that, faggot

I think I didn't use the words the way I intended. I meant, being the one opening the door with no bad intentions and knowing that others don't trust even the least in you and carry weapons despite all those smiles.

>be dumb americunt
>believe everything you hear, read, or see on the t.v
top kek

i actually unscrewed my outside lightbulb so none of the little shits would come knocking. Some of them still did, but its kindof nice that the ones that didnt get the fucking memo were also the ones that got sad and asked their parents why noone would answer.

that's right isn't it? people stay shacked up in their houses. no sense of community at all anymore. none whatsoever. shit man, it's hard enough to make friends.

Yo fuck off i was delivering pizzas in swarms of those little fuckheads tonight.

Ok man, I got you. I know what you mean, but that person who opens the door has to realize that we live in a world where violence can turn up anywhere, not matter how small the town, etc. Carrying a weapon for self defense isn't a judgment of character in everyone you meet, but realizing that one should have at least some means to protect their family should trouble arise. It's really looking at humanity as a whole, and not just YOU. Sure, there are plenty more 'good' people than 'bad' people out there, but there is enough bad out there that one would be wise to take it into consideration wherever they are. That being said, I understand what you're saying.

Same here, the only thing i saw was a girl with her mom asking if there's candies around. None of them have a costume

>tfw had protective parents growing up
>tfw didnt have a chidhood

i believe crime is actually as low as its ever been

Disgusting kids with a sense of entitlement combined with parents thay shelter them to a point of near psychosis. While they are in school they get a participation award. Kids arent so much to blame, they are pawns of the "everyones a winner" ideology thats destroying our country.

Yeah, and probably everybody is considering everybody a potential attacker based on previous experiences, or what they saw other people doing.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons nobody is so social anymore, mistrust.

But personally, and perhaps since I see that more often than physical violence, I think that psychos and psychological abusers are the most dangerous, because they can easily get everybody else on their side.

No, we aren't more dangerous. One of the main problems is that the media covers more negative happenings, so the general populace believes that we're getting worse by the day.

We had some kids show up but half of them were barely in costumes. There were no great costumes like there used to be. It's because of all of the SJW shit. No one can go as anything scary, gross, or possibly offensive. It's fucked. Trick or treat was from like 3-5 so it wasn't even dark. Halloween is so close to not even being a thing anymore it's fucking sick.

It's just too dangerous. There's fucking creeps out there. Even some of you fucks probably are in my neighborhood. It's not it used to be safer it's just that now we're not fucking stupid

It's a dying/dead holiday. I've been noticing this for a few years now. Themeparks that used to do halloween events barely bother anymore, most tv stations and series barely make an effort anymore, even youtube faggots mostly give it a passing mention at most. No neighborhood I have seen decorates anymore, not one, and I almost never see kids trick or treating anymore.

It's a dead tradition. I don't know why but within 20-30 years halloween will be barely remembered outside of old movies

what the fuck are you talking about? I went to get some food tonight and had to dodge a million little fuckers in costumes.

this implies they did not exist 20-30 years ago

Yeah, that's true. I don't see everyone as a potential attacker, I just don't discount it. I might have been somewhat misleading in my first post. I'll use my knife if I absolutely have to, but I really started carrying it because I just think that every man should have a pocket knife. Damn, they come in handy in plain old every day situations. They're a tool first, a weapon second.

I stayed in my living room all night

No one came

same thing last year

and the year before

No one trick or treats anymore.

This ultra pc world where celebrating your holiday is offensive is pretty awful isnt it?

Its because its a school night faggot.

that never used to fucking matter

In my case, the reasons behind not carrying a weapon are

>If you use it, no matter who is the attacker, you are fucked and will end up in prison

>I don't trust myself that much to know the exact moment when there are no other options

>I look like a paranoid to myself

I've been waiting to snatch a kid like ALL NIGHT.

And if you are a single white male over the age of 20 who lives alone, no one wants to bring their kids to your house. Also, if anything does go wrong, you'll be the one they blame. Better to just stay inside with the lights off.

It kind of sucks. Halloween used to be my favorite holiday because of the history, costumes, mystery, etc. Now it's just another day. I wish it was like it used to be. Thankfully I have young kids that love it, so I get to stay involved.

>We're not stupid
You're not smart, if that's what you're implying. You're simply paranoid and judging things devoid of facts. Things are no more dangerous now, and even then violence related to halloween was rare and almost always caused by a relative. The poison candy myth started from a dad poisoning his kids candy.

You are fucked if you use it as anything but a last resort or if you believe self defense means a license to kill. If you use it in the true form of self defense, as a last resort, then you are fine. If you decide to wound the attacker then go back to execute him, you're going to jail.

I understand what you mean. The thing is, I do believe that I know when the time to use a weapon has come. Also, I know I'm not paranoid, I just have an everyday tool that I can use as a weapon. Most of all, if I can use it to save my family, I don't care what happens to me after that, as long as they're safe. Of course I'd have to be 100% sure that they would get away safe before I got arrested or killed myself.

Had 0 at my house for the last few years. Usually get 2 or 3 depending if we tell someone to come by. I live in a rural area so thats why. My girlfriend lives in a suburb and she had her typical 100 something kids come by

if someone makes an attempt on your life, you make an example out of them. this dissuades others from trying it, and emboldens the people around you who would be to afraid to defend themselves. im not saying you have to kill them, but sometimes its manslaughter not murder for a reason.

It was pissing down rain this time but even then I got 25-30 kids, last year was up around 80. I live in a nice neighborhood and all the houses are really close which helps. But yeah, Halloween's hit the shitter in general. When I was a kid in the early two thousands I filled 3-4 garbage bags with candy easily when I went trick or treating.

Anyone else have to pull a gun on some fucking teenagers trying to be assholes in clown outfits?

mann shits sad i agree