Is the movie good?

Is the movie good?

Solid action movie

>catched

I liked it more than I thought I would

Too violent for my taste. I don't know why Americans glorify violence like they are bunch of apes.

probably the first/best time loop movie since groundhog day/12:01

Define "good".

good story/chracters/narrative elements/cinematics/music/sound/photographs/cgi

just watched this and can someone tell me why cruise's character is hesitant on saving emily that much during helicopter scene? i mean he just met her why would he care so much about her?

An example of near perfect pacing

Shes hot

lamo i worded that wrong , my point is why does he care so much about her if he literally just met her

Don't put too much thought into it it's just a pew pew flick for retarded 'murricunts.

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

it's implied he's died hundreds of times and has had spent a long time with her

very mediocre and forgettable movie.

i dunno, it felt kind of repetitive at some points ;^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

He has spent hundreds of days with her and is one of the only people who knows his situation.
Lots of reasons for him to care.

I want to lick her sweat.

What action movies should be trying to do. They need to create/adapt more original and exciting shit like this. Yeah, the concept itself isn't brand new, but the application is, and it was really well executed.

It's a 9/10 movie with a 2/10 ending, which kinda sucks. Still should have gotten more attention than it did.

Prbly saw her image on the bus everyday and started to fantasize about her

The book is better

>hates violent apes
>lifetime membership to blacked.com

same

The answer is that he didn't just meet her, but that he is doing what Phil Connors did in Groudhog day.

As an action movie? Yes, it's dumb, but fun to watch
But compared to the things it was based of, it's a piece of shit

I kinda agree, it could have broken the mold and had Tom die at the end and leave Emily and the rest of the world with no idea who he was or why he died.
Kind of an unsung hero ending.

never thought of that, I like it.

>unsung hero end
nah i think it fits with his arrogant character the thing that sucked is him getting the power yet again

I guess they left it open in case they did a sequel (which they are)

He just met her and hung out with her for like 2 months.

except it starts the day before each other time he died, and he gets his rank back.... for some reason.

THAT would be unsung hero.

NO IT DIDN'T

IT DIDN'T EXPLICITLY SAY THAT

IT CAN'T BE TRUE

HE LITERALLY JUST MET HER MINUTES AGO!!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

CANCER SUMMERFAG!

.... yeah, It's obvious for the rest of us, and that how you can see him talking about her personal past proves that he's humanizing with her as well, when he's pretty muc been alienated, and she's the only other one with the condition he's got too....

any question about why he'd save the "FULL METAL BITCH" that is a famous war hero that he helped to promote to that level of fame.... makes me realize how autistic people are.

You know we all have amnesia but that's just severe.

>the edge of Friday afternoon
Tom is now an office employee who's trying to avoid his boss from asking him to come in over the weekend and every time he fails to sneak out of the office the work day is reset to 8:00 am
Also sexy secretary Emily Blunt.

you are now tom cruise what will you do if you keep on seeing youre waifu dying over and over again when youre with her?
>fuck it go solo
>try every route to keep waifu alive till endgame
>let yourself get blood transplant

>SMOKE WEED ERR DAY 420 BLAZE IT

but frankly, she was famous before hand, and he talked about her too... she was on billboards in the start remember?

full metal bitch?

yeah, she's probably the only other person with his skill level....

kinda good backup.

oh yeah, but he kept her alive cuz she's hot and not his teacher and equal...

I sometimes think the problem isn't dumb movies but dumb people.

>Also sexy secretary Emily Blunt.
sold

I just cut the end where Tom Cruise dies and that's it in my headcannon, much better than the ending we got.

It was probably written like it but studios or Tom Cruise wanted a happy ending

so, does Tom keeps the power in the end of the movie? that would be very weird right, he dies on old age, and out of nowhere, spawns at the helicopter again.

>not making blunt the strict boss

Assuming this isn't bait, he probably went through at least 5-10 years worth of loops if not more.

The helicopter scene was fairly late in the movie so it's pretty safe to say at that point he was in love with her after having spent time with her for who knows how long but at least several years.

It's the same concept as a lucid nightmare. You're fully aware that it's a nightmare and everything will be fine when you wake up but that doesn't stop the fact you don't wish to witness or experience the bad thing that's going to happen. He even says it himself that he's completely fucking sick of watching her die.

Toms trying to avoid his boss, nobody wants to avoid Blunt but she still needs to be in a power position hence secretary, in my office experience they are usually second or third in command.

What? You really dont see that much bloodshed

THIS

To be actually experience something as opposed as watching it like a movie, is different. Even though it'll reset, the level of how real it is to him (1:1 real since it's REALITY) you still can't stop giving a fuck about keeping her alive since

JUST BEFORE THE HELICOPTER THEY SPENT WEEKS PLANNING ON HOW TO KEEP HER ALIVE TO THAT POINT

the bigger question is WHY DID SHE WANT TO DIE SO FUCKING MUCH AT THAT POINT.

HOW CAN SHE DIE IN THE HELICOPTER AND HE BE OKAY?????

THE COPYER IS GOING TO GET FUCKE DUP

HE NEEDS HER TO KILL HIM AS A FAILSAFE TOO!!!!

THAT WAS THE FLAW OF THE MOVIE, for other reasons then most idiots notice.

Did you watch the movie at all?

I agree the ending could have been better executed but I didn't mind it because it set up the possibility of them being a badass alien killing couple. That may just be me though cause I'm a complete sucker for that kind of thing.

>I agree the ending could have been better executed but I didn't mind it because it set up the possibility of them being a badass alien killing couple.

I mean badass alien killing couple in a potential sequel, which is pretty likely to happen at this point.

he killed the thing they guessed was making the time loop happen, and he is in a time loop even though it's dead.

seems paradoxical.

so yeah, it's possible. it could be the blood itself and not the big thing. that could be the brain and not the power.

who knows.

he kills one omega in the end, or alpha, whatever, and spawns at the helicopter before joining the army, when he was sleeping, so he got the time travel power back, you fucking moron

My problem is they wanted a mega happy ending, but wrote themselves into a situation where that was impossible, but then just magically fixed it breaking all of the logic of the movie.

My ending would be it just reset to before the aliens even landed on Earth, and everyone went about their business, and they never invaded. But you wouldn't get the Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt fucking going on.

>character guess in a movie
>must be 100% accurate and true and not even slightly off

Sequel would have to be a prequel if you ask me, and it would have to be the Battle of Verdun. If they do it right, it could be just as good.

I'm stupid. I know you're going to say that so I'm getting it out of the way now.

Can someone explain the end tho. It ends up sending him back one more time but shouldn't everything be reset? Instead the mother brain thing is dead and Emily and cruise don't know each other anymore and he is still a high rank officer person dude, but now the tide in the war has shifted because of what he did at the end on that loop.

But if it reset shouldn't he have to do it all over again?

That's retarded. The gimmick isn't gonna be cool twice.

I went to the same school with her, one day the teacher missed and either of she or me were informed so we stayed in the classroom and she did me a bj

I liked it way more than I expected. Surprisingly well done.

I actually just finished watching it for the first time.

I expected a 6/10 action movie, but I'd give it a solid 9/10 scifi movie. It was absolutely great.

I believe you.

Yes, nice action flick.

Best movie of the year from how I remember things.

Am I utterly plebbish?

I guessed the Omega exists outside of the usual timeline and the time travel power is different. Maybe there was some ~time corruption~ due to the circumstances of the jump.

I figured that when he got covered in its blood he got given the temporary power to reset, and it sent him back to the start of the day because subconsciously thats what he wanted?

9/10 movie. It's comfy too it's one I'd watch again and again.

Don't really try to extract any logic from it.

It isn't bound by the rules for time-travel that the movie expounds upon all throughout, but it's still smudged in there to provide a happy ending, despite how much it ruptures the movie's continuity. Oh well, that's Hollywood for you.

i enjoyed it overall

i hated the ending though

wrong

Yes

>just met her
Are you fucking retarded or did you not actually watch the movie?

I loved the ending. Tom's chuckle was great.

>this will be remembered as the only good modern Hollywood adaptation of a japanese story

He acquired the Omega's power when its blood covered his body at the end. He wished he could start the day over again while he was dying... and that's what happened.

What's so hard to understand about this?

I didn't even know it was originally japanese until I saw people talk about it here. I doubt a wealth of people know that either.

It's kinda funny how many posts I see about how they went in expecting something meh/passable and were really pleasantly surprised

Had the same exact experience, was sort of blown away by how much I liked it

I liked it and hope the sequel "All you need 2 Kill" happens

I've always hated waifufags and never understood people who get overly obsessed over fictional characters in general but Emily Blunt in this move did things to me

I fantasized about self-inserting and imagined all sorts of scenarios I'd do in Cruise's situation, how I'd make her fall in love with me, etc

> He wished he could start the day over again

Lol

You just reiterated what happened. That user is asking if the day reset then WHY wasn't the omega there again.

With the way the rules in the movie are set the omega should be back alive as well. What ends up happening is instead of the day resetting it pretty much reset AND created and alt reality.

The movies good but the end does a little logic jumping to make it happy and upbeat

No, I don't need to see cruise and blunt fuck up 2000 times again and reset everytime there's a mistake. There's no need for a fucking sequel, fuck off

AND I SAY HEY HEY HEY HEEY HEEY HEEY HEEY HEEY I SAY HEY, WHAT'S GOING OOON

I can't wait for Marauder Task Force to release their EXO Skeleton next year. You can basically build the Edge of Tomorrow suit from their assortment of items.

Not sure if anybody knows but its based of a manga. Never Read it but i hear its pretty 1 to 1 as far adaptations go.

Unexpectedly good. One of the best popcorn flick that year.

wrong

>HOW CAN SHE DIE IN THE HELICOPTER AND HE BE OKAY?????
because Bruise Cruise always resurrects while Emily stays dead

Im all for a sequel but i am kinda stumped at what more could they do with it that's interesting enough and doesn't feel like we're watching the 1st one again.

But she lost the power, now she's not his equal, he kept her alive because she knew what was happening and she could help him deal with it, later he helped her because she was his friend (and/or waifu)

To be honest, I was thoughtfully entertained.

And I basically don't like anything.

Read the LN.

kek

When did this start?

Almost perfect action movie and now I've fallen in love with Emily Blunt.

no and emily blunt cant act

ill take any other tom cruise movie

I enjoyed it the first time I saw it but now i wouldn't even give it 6/10.

This you guys suck off blunt so much

Ummm where is years implied. Yeah the day starts over and over but it's the day of the battle and the day before that gets reset again and again. I'm willing to give a few weeks of overall time spent, but years? That's seems a little much.

I don't suck her off but I don't think she's a bad actor.

you should learn to analyze peoples performances she does the same shit. cannot stand her

I guess. I don't watch enough stuff with her in it honestly. I've never really thought about it. She doesn't make me want to see a movie, doesn't make me not want to, I don't go searching out movies with her in it or anything. She is just kind of there.

So yah, I suppose you are right, since that's kind of a testament to her not standing out in any way enough for me to even want to care

its not really her fault granted lots of actors do the same shit. im just like eh. theres not many actually good actresses nowadays anyways tho

get some taste pleb

some of the other Anons answered this already, but to add to their answer, Emily's character wanted to be taken to the Omega's location so she could kill it personally. So if you ignore Cruise's feelings for her, no matter how many times they got to the helicopter, they could never leave that house because she or him got killed, so he was never going to get her to their destination. This was also a result of her getting frustrated/impatient and not listening to his advise when confronted by the truth, and doing what he advised her not to do and as a result getting herself or all killed.