WARCRAFT Question

I've never played the games before, but I liked the movie plenty.

When we got out from watching it, my friend (who also never played the games) brought something up that made me curious,

In the scene with Garona, Medivh is telling her that he once traveled far and met a "noble people" and fell in love with one of the women there, but he was not meant to be "there" and thus returned to his duty as Guardian

is it kind of implyed Medivh is Garona's father?
It would make sense, to me, because Garona is explicitly stated as looking "more like [the humans] than [the orcs]" by the king when they first bring her in.

Sorry if its a stupid question

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gslAG2OEO1c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in lore medivh has kid with garona later on and she's half draenei ( those horned blue guys used to power up gate at beginning ) half orc

but its movie and they already changed few things a bit so why not - maybe he's her dad

No. Garona is supposed to be half Dranei and half Orc. Medivh did fuck Garona though. Also Garona is a straight cunt in the actual lore.

>medivh has kid with garona later on

Woah what the fuck? But he died?

Sorta', but in games, Garona is Mediv's lover, and they actually have a kid together. In game lore she is half orc-half draenei (those blue guys in cages in the beginning). Yeah, lore is retarded.

It was shortly after this time that the mages of Dalaran sent Medivh an apprentice. This young apprentice was known as Khadgar, a name which among the dwarves meant Trust. Time passed as "Young Trust" studied under Medivh. He lived within Karazhan with a few others: Medivh studying, Moroes serving as his aide, and Cook the Chef making meals.

Around this time, the war began picking up between the orcs and the humans, as the orcs increasingly struck out of the Black Morass. Medivh was sober about this, even remarking that it was happening as planned.[19] Soon after, the Horde's emissary, Garona Halforcen, came to Karazhan. Unbeknownst to anyone Medivh and Garona had a brief affair which later resulted in a child, the mixed race Med'an.

Through a vision in Karazhan, Khadgar and Garona[20] discovered that it was Medivh who contacted Gul’dan and brought the orcs upon the lands of Azeroth. Shorty after, Khadgar and Garona fled from Karazhan to Stormwind to warn King Llane and Anduin Lothar about the corruption of the Guardian. King Llane thought of it as one of Medivhs mood swings and did not pay much attention to it, though Lothar believed it was a matter of importance and that further investigation was needed. Later on, he led a troop of human forces (including Khadgar and Garona) to deal with the crazed Guardian. While battling, Medivh cast a spell to drain the youth and power out of Khadgar, making his hair grey and his body useless. With a sword, Khadgar managed to deliver a final strike to his master, ending his life and purifying him from the demon-lord Sargeras. As Medivh was dying, the body started to transform into demon-like shape and to finish it; Lothar had to decapitate it, banishing Sargeras into the Nether. [21]

-- a lot of plot questions can be answered on WoWWIKI

So..Lothar and Garona never speak again? I thought they were in love?

they're rewriting this shit as they go so its all just up in the air, or would be, if warcraft hadn't flopped internationally.

I think they are changing it to medivh being her father and... fuck forgot his name, main character being the new 1 to have a kid with garona.
I think they did this for the movie so its not like he is banging a complete alien, only a half savage.

The movie shits on the original lore. Garona and Medivh are supposed to be lovers. Garona actually assassinates Lane. The Alliance military actually storms Karahazan and Lothar shanks Medivh. Khadgar is Medivhs apprentice. Gul'dan leads the Horde from the shadows with his council of Warlocks, Blackhand is the actual leader of the Horde. Lothar never kills Blackhand. Gul'dan gets knocked into a coma when Medivh dies and Doomhammer kills Blackhand for the right to lead the Horde

What about Durotans son? He gets adopted by humans or what?

>warcraft flopped internationally
nice meme my friend

After the Second War ends with orcs being rounded up and put into internment camps, Green Jesus/Moses is raised by a human lord as a pet fighter but he rediscovers his roots and leads a rebel uprising.

yeah and then kept by them as a slave,
he's also one of main heroes of warcraft 3
play it - its fun

Oh that's badass as shit.

Yeah so basically after the Orcs lose they scatter and a lot are rounded up into internment camps. Durotans son is raised entirely in one of these camps and learns to be more like a human than an Orc. They call him Thrall. He befriends the daughter of the camp overseer who helps him escape. After escaping he's found by Doomhammer who tells him of his heritage and passes down his armor and hammer. Thrall then gets a vision from Medivh and unites the scattered Orc clans and takes them across the sea to the continent of Kalimdor.

So Medivh isn't dead? Or is that all out the window?

Watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=gslAG2OEO1c

Much later in the story his spirit seeks redemption by warning orcs and humans of the demonic Burning Legion he unknowingly welcomed to Azeroth.

Yep. Evetnually finds the Frostwolves, meets Warchief Doomhammer, becomes his protege', befriends Chief Hellscream, becomes an immensly powerful Shaman.

Doomhammer dies in battle, gives him the Doomhammer and his armor and becomes the new Warchief. Indoctrinates other races into the horde and fucks off across the ocean to lead his people into lands they can claim for their own. Spends most of his reign trying to encourage peace.

Pic related.

>of the demonic Burning Legion he unknowingly welcomed to Azeroth.

Technically he didn't. The Legion had been wanting to get into Azeroth thousands of years before he even existed. Before they even made contact with the Orcs.

feel free to identify one market where it isn't completely dead.

China?

>Sorry if its a stupid question+ 0 post omitted.

Yes it's a very stupid question, garona's father isn't medivh, in fact medivh can't breed. Garona is half orc and draenei

|n game lore yes but in the film as much as i wish it was not Garona is Medivhs daughter.

>we will never get a sequel (wc2) unless metzen puts up 1 month of his cocaine budget to pay for it

That's in the official game canon.

In the movie canon yes, her being Medivh's daughter is implied.

It dropped 80% in China this weekend brother. We no sequels now.

Nah we be gettin that sequel

If this movie had been cut up into 3-4 minute pieces and uploaded to the Warcraft youtube channel as a way of teaching people some of the lore, it would have been alright.

What was it that people actually found enjoyable in the movie? Not being snarky, just genuinely curious what made it good for the people who liked it.

OP here.

I went in expecting literally nothing since I used to make fun of WoW nerds all the time- never gave the games or anything a chance.

I thought it was whimsical in a sense. It was fun, and it was shamelessly fantasy. It was acted and carried out like a high school play, heavy on the melodrama and character dynamics.

It felt very "old fashioned" to me. Like a late 70s early 80s fantasy movie, and I loved it for that.
I can admit it wasn't an objectively great film, and yes it had a pretty poorly paced script and seemed VERY rushed at the beginning...idk, I just liked it a lot. A breath of fresh air for a year that's been schlock like BvS and Civil War and other big budget stuff.

>niggers
>le noble people
>absolute savages

>orcs
>noble people
>savages

make sence now

you're pathetic

Where do you think you are?

In game Garona was captured and became his lover

We also NEVER speak Medivhs son because he's the biggest mary sue ever written in any literary form.

Are you sure?

t. Swedish berniecuck #rapefugeeswelcum