Jesus

Jesus...

Why haven't they cast Dr. Cox as Norman Osborn in the MCU?

What?

wtf i hate scrubs now

Scrubs ended a long time ago.

What a comfy show. How come there haven't been more funny comedy shows with a once-a-season gut-punch dramatic episode?

Not knowing when to expect them made them hit like a motherfucker.

rick and morty kinda?

I know Op, it must be really fucking hard to keep your shit together around Zach "Punches Children" Braff the insufferable douchebag. Props to Perry for keeping it together, I'm sure it was actually really fucking easy to say all that mean shit to Zack as JD knowing the two were the exact same fucking person aside from the MD

r&m is good precisely because of how not-comfy it is.

pj harvey looking motherfucker on the right, hate scrubs and hate braff

JUST

>How come there haven't been more funny comedy shows with a once-a-season gut-punch dramatic episode?
Boston Legal was like that. It wasn't a pure comedy tho like scrubs.

Nah man. Those never land for me. It's too self-aware for me to take it seriously, I guess mileage may vary, but those just come off to me as edgy teen-depression, for some reason

Also this The only thing that hit me harder than Scrubs was Six Feet Under, but that was straight up drama.

Scrubs had a bunch:
>Old lady dying on the first episodes agains the 1 to 3 odds
>Ben Dying
>Ravies episode
>Fallen Hero Episode
>Laverne
>Old black dude dying on Steak night
>Kelso having to internalize all the evil shit he does so he can keep coming back

Every single one of these hurt a lot. Even the break-ups between JD and Elliot were poignant to some degree, and I hated JD through most of it (first seasons he was cool, same for season 8).

I never watched it a lot. Heard good things, though.

Also the season 8 finale, obviously.

It was a really neat show. It had fluctuating quality, but I never felt like tried too hard, and never failed to deliver, even during the Gay JD stretch, mostly because Cox, Kelso and the Janitor kept it going.

>Zach! Please help me revieve my career!

>you first!

oh shit not Trey ;_;

>Zach "Punches Children" Braff
>google it

jesus what a cunt.

>punching little pieces of shit
Are gay?

>I'm a coward that would barely twitch my curtains if I saw a little cunt damaging my car and then make a blog post

ftfy

>it's a 'tv reacts to actors getting older as if it is the strangest thing in the world' thread

>a 12-year-old

ok, big guy. :)

Why did u crop out turk?

Most likeable black dude in the history of tv

>Turk
>Black
He didn't even leave his kids.

XD

Back in the glory days of Ashton Kutcher

Looks good for his age other than the rosacea

reddit tier joke

There is an episode where Dr. Cox challenges Turk's blackness, and he lists all the "white" things about him. Being a dad is not there, but having an SUV is.

Cox owns his own studio in real life. You can google it. He works a lot with the cast of Scrubs.

>Old black dude dying on Steak night
I've had the series as my background show for years now and I only seen it once. That shit got me good.

I sure miss this tall bastard. Damn.

Yeah. Each of them hit me hard as a truck the first time, but Laverne's death was meh.

But when I watched it for the 3rd or 4th time, I was kind of number for most of them, but that one caught me raw.

I never much cared for Carla, but Judy Reyes had some nice acting shops.

White people age like shit, god damn.

Scrubs had great actors, none of them were bad and most of them were great.

Janitor, JD, Cox and Kelso were great.

Elliot was 2cute.

Turk is legit the best Black sidekick on tv to date.

Even side characters like Ted and The Todd were amazing.

I'm of the opinion that it dropped off in quality after season 5 though.

The second time JD and Elliot break up near the end of S4 is when the show hits a 3 year quality drought. It recovers somewhat in S8 for the send off. S9 isn't terrible, but it'd have been much better if it tried more to be its own show

Seasons 5-7 were shitty mostly because JD became a homossexual, but it gave other characters a chance to shine a bit. Way too bright a filter, though.

I feel like season 8 brought it back to form, with JD's beard and him acting more mature and human again. The last bunch of episodes were pretty great.

Season 9 is a spin-off, so it doesn't matter.

Orange is the New Black

oh sorry didnt realize someone was forcing you not to watch The Middle

No, that one is a straight up dramedy sob story by design half the episodes. And not a great one at that, past the first couple of seasons.

Scrubs was vigorously and decisively a comedy, bar like 10 episodes of its run. Which is why those hit hard.

The only thing that comes close is, and only in the concept, not the execution, that episode in HIMYM where Barney learns his dead-beat father is lame and not as awesome as he fantasised , and cries at him something along the lines of "If you were gonna be a boring suburban dad, then why couldn't you be that for me?" or something. But by then the show wasn't funny anymore and it came of as a waste.

Oh, that reminds me of that one episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with the father. Did that show have more of those, I never watched it.

wut

Pretty much the only thing that HIMYM did well consistently throughout its run was the dramatic feels moment.

I need to like the characters for it to hit, and by that time I didn't like any of them.

Neither that nor the countdown felt particularly poignant, even though I like both concepts a lot on paper. The countdown would've been great if not advertised around it.

Fresh Prince had those moments. I can't remember them all but they had some stuff like Carlton buying a gun to protect himself, Will's father coming back, Jeffrey's (I forgot how to spell it) son appeared. Oh and when they went to visit their old home. Sorry I can't give better examples I don't catch the reruns as much as I can with scrubs.

roids fuck up peoples face if u over do it like he did

Neat. Maybe if it lands on my Netflix I might watch it. I don't much care for Will Smith now, but he seemed cool back then.

>after the role of a lifetime, I've been...busy

lol wasters

He kind of has.

He used his scrubs fame to bring money to charities because his son has the Down's.

Even at the end of the show he was involved with it, you can see him sporting the corresponding bracelet.

He was real cool. I kinda miss that, you don't see him being silly or anything in movies as much anymore.

Not in movies, but in interviews and podcasts, Anthony Mackie is who Will Smith thinks he is.

Dude is genuinely hilarious and cocky, but never sounds like an ignorant idiot like Smith does nowadays, and is generally well informed. His nerdist podcast is amazing.

D R O P P E D

Scrubs is the a lot like the Big Bang Theory, sub par comedy with a massive group of absolutely retarded fans.

Zach Braff isn't funny.