Tried out a float chamber for the first time. Amazing experience. AMA

Tried out a float chamber for the first time. Amazing experience. AMA

What is it

where does the bidet water squirt out from?

is it like separate?

did you jerk off in it?

An enclosed tank filled with salt water. You just float inside and feel euphoric.

how do you breathe in it?

Sounds dank

did you meet michael jackson

Sensory depreviation chamber. You float in water with 800 pounds of epson salt where your body can float without sinking. Water is the same temp as your skin so it feels you're floating in a black, quiet abyss where your head can go anywhere you let it. It's pretty profound.

>you feel euphoric

*tips fedora*

Tell us moar

Learn what google is you fucking dunce.

There are air vents

> float without sinking

that's implied in the word float

how much does it cost

Yeah, I plan on going next time while pretty high on some weed.

What is the last letter of your middle name?

id love to try it high

I wonder how many fags wanted to do that after watching Stranger Things

To a point, you can float in a pool for you still have to consciously keep your head elevated, in the float tank, you dont. You wear ear plugs and you sink to where your ears are and you're fully suspended in the salt water.

You know when you float in a pool with your face above the water? It's like that. Plus what said.

Did you have hallucinations? I want to try with the ganzfeld procedure

Did you devolve into a Neanderthal??

oooh! I thought you float in the middle layayer of the water

You will be seeing some shit. You never see pure black because your head wants to see something so you will hallucinate to a point but not like you're tripping balls on mushrooms.

Heightened sense illusions. Your eyes will see light, you will hear things, and smell weird shit.

>Epson salt

Is that the stuff that makes their printer cartridges so expensive?

You mean Epsom you fucking tard.

I remember it from the simpsons

You go to a spa that specializes in it. You can also buy one for your house for around $2000 bucks. Salt alone costs 400 bucks.

did you also feel really bad before you started tripping?

I almost puked when I tried that shit.

Altered States reference.
Nice.
That'll slip by most.

Do you think whoever works there would be willing to play Pink Floyd like an hour in through the speakers or nah

Simpsons and Fringe

But that salt used as a laxative in medicine, how is it going to affect one swimming in it?

Sinestesia?

The isopod in OP's pic has speakers, and most float tank operators are happy to put your choice of music through them.

My local place shut down before I got chance to go in high as fuck and listen to Dark Side of The Moon

Have you never taken a salt bath before?

It doesn't make you shit yourself, does make you feel incredible when you get out though.

That is exactly my plan lol, good to hear they would be willing to do something like that

No, i havent. Or maybe just once really long time ago. I didnt read the engridients but all the bath salts are epsom salts?

I relate the first time experience much like sleeping in a tent out in the woods for the first night. At first your mind is very active as you start to adjust, your muscles are also getting used to being suspended. After around 15-20 minutes you really start to feel the experience get better as you stop thinking about your immediate surroundings, like the reality you were in before going in just vanished and you're in some black abyss where you can let your thoughts flow without effort.

how many salt per liter you need for the floating thing?

Chikin

Yes, I have a question.
Oftentimes my household sponges accumulate an awful amount of buildup.
What can I do to prevent this?

If they aren't down, find somewhere else to float!
The speakers are proper underwater units too, so you hear everything properly despite being ear plugged and partially submerged.

No clue, but it's roughly 800 pounds of salt per 200 gallons of water. It should be at a 1:1 ratio of salt and water - to the point where water at 93.3 degrees can no longer hold and more salt.

Most bath salts are magnesium sulphate with scents, when dissolved in water, makes the water feel extra smooth and comfortable.

In float tanks, you should shower immediately before and after soaking to reduce oils/dirt/hair from getting in. A home tank should have a 1 micron filter which would remove any impurities from the water. Proper water maintenance is key, much like a hot tub (which I also own)

That's a really long way of saying saturated solution

Underrated. I don't think too many of these crazy kids with their music will get the reference though user.

>feel euphoric
I want it so bad now

Thank you for explaination!

Just google float tank spas in your area, should be one near you.

No problem dude, nice trips

OP here, feel free to post more questions, i'm gonna get high while I wait :)

I don't think so. New Zealand south island is good for human isolation, but one doesn't find based items like the float chamber so easily.

Will anyone notice if you piss while you're in it?

That's synesthesia, which is when your senses get jumbled together so you think you can hear colors or taste sounds. I don't know what the hallucinations that occur under sensory deprivation were called but they were definitely distinct phenomenon. Although tripping on acid while in a deprivation tank could make you experience both at once for the braver of psychonauts.

OP was a faggot after all.
Abandon thread, he's getting his fedora

I watned to ask bout going in the float chamber while hight. What if its legal in some places? Like Nederlands? Btw Whatchu smoking op?

Just go to the Dead Sea, it's much nicer. If you get erect and lie face down, you can feel the pressure around your dick like someone is gripping it

You can fuck the sea

There's a reason it has a high salt concentration

Just some ground up bud, not sure what strain but it's very potent

you degenerate piece of shit

If you manage to find a float tank place that will let you take LSD while under, then get ready for a wild ride.

>Abandon thread
ok bye. See you in rate my dick threads

I have a question. I get sleep paralysis when I lie on my back. If I did this would it fuck me still? Because I want to do this but I don't want that to happen.

Unless you drink lots of fluids the water will turn yellow, probably smell it too. I'm sure they'll check the tank before letting the next person get in. You know how disgusting people can be when nobody is around.

The saltwater burn your back?

Do you recognize Lauren Southern as the new queen of Sup Forums?

>me no engrish

You aren't lying on your back, you are floating. You wouldn't fall asleep either.

They do a complete filtration of the water after each use at commercial facilities and home tanks do the same but much slower since there's no reason to filter so fast.

Consider doing a small amount of shrooms next time.

It's unreal.

I wanted to do it after doing DMT, but that'd be really hard to time right.

So you're just day dreaming. This may shock you but some people can do that without a whole fuckin tank.

I disagree, even thought I didn't I almost got to the point where I was lucid dreaming. It's pretty cool

Well if you're clearly intoxicated or flip your shit once you're inside then they'll tell you to get lost. If they don't find out or suspect you then you're golden.

But you won't fully lose consciousness. That's what I mean.

I bet you have a fetish for this shit

You mean having a sexual association with float tanks? No, not at all.

Most people find the experience surreal as fuck actually.

Hypnogogia is quite common in float tanks actually. Not full blown sleep per se, it's more of a transitive state like sleep paralysis.

DUUUUUDE WEED LMAO

Oh I didn't know about that. I never really heard about any people getting sleep paralysis in float tanks before. Thanks for the info

Ew

read that in his voice

Does getting high help?
Should you get high?

Says the guy posting the electric penis he sucks on for no apparent reason at all.

420 blaze it 100% smiley face thumbs up worldstar

There is disquiet in your soul

Would not recommend drugs to a first timer, the hallucinations come out around 30-45 minutes in, and they can be quite difficult to handle until you know what to expect.

Unless of course you're one of those types of people weed helps to stave off a bad LSD or mushroom trip because it's a familiar and comfortable feeling, then it might be advantageous to do some. Still wouldn't recommend it for the very first time though.

kek

seen it on fringe, get rekt.

It's not a "float chamber" it's a "sensory deprivation" chamber. People used to take acid and use these.

your face when you find out the last time they cleaned the tank

Please post details on that device you have.

It's a Mighty. Best portable vape you can buy

Scuba gear, obv.

how much did it cost and how long you were inside?

Att he place I went theres a first float discount so it cost me 60 dollars. for an hour. very cool, you get a suite to yourself with a shower and the tank

what if vents suddenly become obstructed?