Your opinions on Loveless by My Bloody Valentine?

your opinions on Loveless by My Bloody Valentine?

I want to like it but I'm not sure if I do, I can feel it growing on me though.

BORING SHIT

babby's first music

its an acquired taste, acquire some taste ;-)

Stop fucking spamming this fucking album. Do you morons honestly even listen to more than one album?

Hey don't talk shit about my waifu, I'll kick your asses

One of the greatest albums of all time. Listening to it made me realize the greatness of shoegaze.
Please listen to it really loud. It is truly beautiful

Just give it a listen on acid.

>I think i dislike it
>I don't get it
>Meh. Background noise.
>Come In Alone is alright
>I keep listening to it but idon't know why
>It clicked
>I love
>It's in my top 10
>Pic related

Bumping because I was going to make an MBV thread for valentines day but this one already exists

This was me. Took a few years.

is their other stuff worth listening to?

Yeah

Wtf? A few years? Why are you forcing yourself to like it? To me this is an album that had an immediate impact, and unlike anything I've ever heard before. I envy people listening to it for the first time. I hate it for ruining my perception of albums because simply nothing comes close (even other shoegaze albums) to the visceral eargasm that this album provides. It's cathartic and hard to put into words how it makes you feel, but I think a lot of the appeal comes from the fact that it's a concoction of simple acoustic pop melodies and a plethora of retarded sounds that have no right to sound that good. If that makes sense.

exactly me, except I went Only Shallow->When You Sleep->To Here Knows When->full understanding over the course of a few months

OP here,
just put my headphones in and listened to Only Shallow full blast, and it gave me chills all the way through. Honestly amazing.

Just wait till you get to sometimes

took me about a year to like it after trying to get into a few times

It's still overrated but overall a pretty good album

I have tinnitus, and I don't want to make it worse.

That's why you play it louder. Then you don't hear your ears ringing

you don't have to listen to it loud, that's just a meme. It just makes it easier.

>listen to loveless on full volume
>immediately go deaf after it ends
>never able to hear music again
Imokaywiththis.jpg

Imagine being Kevin in that song and having to be all like "damn, Bilinda, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight vocal cords and horrific weird monotone voice. I would totally make an influential album with you, both my musical persona and the real me." when all he really wants to record another dozen vacuum cleaners. Like seriously imagine having to be Kevin and not only sit in that recording studio while Bilinda Butcher flaunts her disgusting voice in front of you, the guitar fuzz barely concealing her lack of key and lisp, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected those few lines. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking pipes but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, BILINDA BUTCHER SOUNDS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and listen to her mannish fucking Dianna Troi voice contort into types of sounds you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been listening to nothing but a healthy diet of reverb and fuzz box effects for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Dublin. You've never even heard anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can hear the tinnitus that this recording process is going to give you begin to set in, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Kevin Shields. You're not going to lose your future reunion tour over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

nice adjustment
nothing lost in translation