Just one month after her horrific crash in the Rio Olympic road race, with a speed of almost 49km/h...

>Just one month after her horrific crash in the Rio Olympic road race, with a speed of almost 49km/h, Annemiek van Vleuten won the 4-kilometre Prologue of the Lotto Belgium Tour

>“I’m excited to be back,” said Van Vleuten, who just a few weeks ago was still bruised and battered with a severe concussion and three broken vertebrae.

>The Dutchwoman shocked fans worldwide when, on the now infamous descent of the Chinese Vista in Rio de Janeiro, she misjudged a corner and crashed into the concrete curb, flipping over her handlebars and landing awkwardly on a raised gutter. She lay motionless for several minutes and many feared the worst.

wtf, I love women's sports now

What are other good comebacks from injury? Maybe Schumachar will win the F1 next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSKKjYXGwuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"I'm very excited to be back."

What did she mean by this?

that was fucking brutal, good on her to come back so fast

what was sadder though was watching the american lass get overtaken in the final km

Hope Solo recovered from a horrendous childhood accident with a meat slicer

craziest thing I saw live.

> 4km prologue
> women cycling

Robert Gesink had a heart surgery and won a stage on la Vuelta

Michael Schumacher is never coming back. He is more likely to die than race next year. Let it go, senpai, and his death will hurt you less.

>this happened a month ago already

Just fucking kill me senpai

1 month closer to tokyo senpai

>Not watching the plane hit the south tower

_ _ _ _ _ BEEF

The Paralympics

to end up as a vegetable you need a brain to injure in the first place

Not 4 weeks after surgery he didn't

> What are other good comebacks from injury?
The best I've ever heard about was Greg Lemond.

>2x TdF winner
>goes back to USA for a some hunting
>gets shotgunned by friend in the chest
>one of his lungs collapses
>recovers and gets to win his 3rd TdF in the penultimate stage

Best comeback.

I always wonder what his ear tastes like

This fucking video still hasn't been reported and deleted

youtube.com/watch?v=mSKKjYXGwuk

>winning a prologue
k

based annemiek

I was excpecting some walking potato or vegetable joke

>women in charge of understanding how brakes work

Hermann Maier came back from injury twice, once after a skiing accident and once after nearly dying riding a motorbike.

Nikki Lauda, obviously.

Alex Zanardi lost both his legs all over a racetrack and returned to motorsport, among other things.

There was a rugby player a few years back who lost a testicle, didn't realise then played the second half.

He still has shotgun pellets in his chest.

"Slaying the Badger" is one of the best 30 for 30s

In fairness though, Lance Armstrong is the greatest comeback.

In terms of coming back from a regular injury, Adrian Peterson is the greatest I've seen.

>Peterson started Week 1, although his status was listed as questionable. He rushed for 84 yards and two touchdowns in his first game in eight months after his ACL and MCL tear. He passed Robert Smith to become the number one Vikings rusher of all time.[80] By Week 16, Peterson was leading the NFL in rushing with 1,898 yards and averaging 6.0 yards a carry. He also had 11 touchdowns, with a further 215 yards receiving.

>Entering Week 17, he needed 208 yards to break the NFL single-season record for the most rushing yards (2,105), set in 1984 by Eric Dickerson. That week, the Vikings played the Green Bay Packers needing a win to clinch a playoff berth. The game was tied at 34 in the fourth quarter when Peterson ran 26 yards, setting the Vikings up for a game-winning field goal with three seconds left. The Vikings chose the field goal, which sent them to the playoffs, but also left Peterson nine yards short of breaking the record. Peterson became the second player (Earl Campbell, 1980) to rush for 150 or more yards in seven games during an NFL season and had 1,019 yards after contact. He finished 2012 with 2,097 rushing yards, the second-most ever for a running back in a single season. The Vikings improved from 3–13 in 2011 to 10–6, qualifying as the NFC's sixth seed in the playoffs. In the Wild Card round, with Vikings' starting quarterback Christian Ponder unable to start due to injury, the Vikings fell to the Green Bay Packers by a score of 24–10. The team's record, alongside Peterson's historic season, earned him the NFL Offensive Player of the Year and the NFL Most Valuable Player awards

And people say PEDs are a bad thing

She have to say thank you
to God and the brazilians doctors