Hey Sup Forums, my friend recently gave me a stolen computer that he stole in a company Van...

Hey Sup Forums, my friend recently gave me a stolen computer that he stole in a company Van, I've read online that company computers have a software in the firmware called LoJack that helps the company to track the theif when the computer is connected to the Internet.

So I was wondering, does any of you know how to remove it?

It may have a TPM, if it does it needs to be physically removed. Check to see if it has GSM. Other than that, factory reset the BIOS and wipe the HDD and install a fresh OS.

Or simply go to your DMS and DL the 2.35 PLA then if your HD is still HKE you may need to QWERTY

Company computer... probably an old piece of shit to begin with. Laptop or desktop?

Looks like iLoJack is software. Swap in a new hard drive and you should be aight (unless it somehow embeds itself onto the mobo / bios... seems unlikely tho)

check hardware and after that, connect the HD to another PC, look for something interesting, reinstall OS. Your welcome.

The computer opens in 11 seconds and can run dolphin at 60 constant fps, that's why I wanna keep it

Also, it's a laptop

Computer science major here... For business class laptops, it generally is embedded in the bios, and no way to flash it out.

This makes it work almost like a malware that persists through OS reboots and even swapping drives.

There is a way around it though...

What OS is it running?

It first was Windows 7 enterprise but I've installed Windows 7 on it, I've never connected it to the Internet yet

Right, do some Googling, I'm too lazy to do it.

Computrace's program uses a plain text file to tell the program where and when to "call home".

You just got to find that file, open it up, delete all the shit, and make the file read only.

I've already looked everywhere on Google, I've found a 2014 tutorial but I'm not 100℅ sure it worked because what if they patched it or something?

I'm literally begging you, halp

If you were skilled with microsoldering, you could buy a new BIOS chip (they're really cheap) and replace the current on board one.

I, unfortunately, am not

Is there some reason you just haven't put zone alarm on it and set it to notify you of all outgoing connections?

Test it at a university first... no police precinct on this planet would help anyone recover a laptop from a GPS ping on a campus, impossible to track down.

Dude, that only works if you ping the GUI.

This guy knows his stuff

I don't think that's how it works

Plus you have to buy it, if I had money I wouldn't keep stolen computers

>I don't think that's how it works
That's exactly how it works, you could literally take your pick of a dozen different softwares and block the outgoing connection. HELL you could do it through windows firewall.

>Plus you have to buy it

right okay, you're fucking irredeemable. This is why no one wants to help you. Maybe try learning something every once in a while.

Poor kiddo, they didn't patch it, it's not something you can just patch man.

Every program has shit like that.

Either listen or fuck off and live in fear.

Why not just download wire-shark and monitor the outgoing on some public wifi? Oh, you're too retarded to do any of that? Too bad

Are you playing melee? Lol

hahahahaha

Mario Kart Double Dash actually

There are about a million ways to do this, all super simple. This software is for catching idiots, I would assume the 2014 guide you followed worked. Check and see if the process is running when you restart the computer.

If you want to be extra safe, just create a batch file you can run every time you start the computer to delete the tracking stuff before you go online... and like the other user said, download something to monitor traffic and ports.

example batch

@echo off

TASKKILL /F /IM "rpcnetp.exe"
TASKKILL /F /IM "rpcnet.exe"
TASKKILL /F /IM "upgrd.exe"
del "C:\Windows\System32\UPGRD.exe"
del "C:\Windows\System32\rpcnetp.exe"
del "C:\Windows\System32\rpcnetp.exe"
del "C:\Windows\System32\rpcnetp.dll"
del "C:\Windows\System32\rpcnet.dll"

If none of this makes sense, you're a fucking degenerate and should go become a farmer.