bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=186379
youtube.com/watch?v=NzGGL0VpKUI&feature=youtu.be
vocaroo.com/i/s0N7YNexePmb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

regardless of price
does prs make good guitars

Yes. But be prepared for the coming shitposts

The SE's are fucking awful

Ok memes aside, they make good stuff. Why you would want to give any money to that Paul faggot I don't know.

Everyone I've met that has one says they're great. Could just be trying to justify the cost tho.

>tfw you learn to play guitar so girls would want to fuck you but they don't

>tfw you learn to play guitar because it's fun and fulfilling
Feels good, man

is this shugaze?
youtu.be/-9EurWBzU6U

Fuck you you're supposed to only want to play guitar because somehow it will get you laid

it is the reason most guitarists started playing

How are they awful? They're probably the best guitars you can buy in that price range.

if you have the time and patience to fill this shit out, don't call yourself a musician.

k

We doing this now

bump

Best plectrum

is a white stang with a tort pickguard the most aesthetically pleasing guitar ever?

Answer: yes.

Mustangs look like a strats with down syndrome to be honest

Because that's exactly what they are

>implying thats a bad thing

Never was too big into amps and pedals. Pretty sure its safe to say that I'm content with my setup in that regard

Nth for Leah, you fucking assholes

ive been dreaming about making my own mustang for a long time
Maybe with a sustainer system or something

I drive a Ford Mustang GT and my favorite kind of car is obviously Mustangs of all types.

Should I buy a Fender Mustang to be a living, breathing meme?

who's that band you got on twice as current inspiration and favorite band?

lel Green Day... I don't like that band either but I have to admit Dirnt has a sick bass tone live and recorded

>Earthquaker pedals
nice
love that Acapulco Gold. Afterneath must sound amazing next to a digital delay. Analog + Digital delays = sexy

The band is lightning bolt

And yeah the Afteneath works really good with the delay, but you gotta dial it in just right so it doesn't get lost in the mix but otherwise sounds fantastic

Yeah, not really my cup of tea, but they do seem to be pretty good

Just remember there's always people on this site who are wilfully contrarian and will swear blind that everything is shit no matter how good

Damn I'm actually digging this band.

Also what do you think of the Acapulco Gold? First time I'm looking into it, seems like a fantastic distortion pedal, but that might just be the marketing getting to me.

No, you're thinking of desert sand Strat with white pickguard

way too generic

Remember, don't ever compare yourself to someone else and think they are better. Just focus on you and what you're doing.

What are the best single coil pickups for a hot rodded strat tone? Not looking for mini HBs like the Hot Rails or baby 59

lace sensor hot gold 13k

Thanks. What about the lace sensor reds?

musiciansfriend.com/accessories/lace-sensor-hot-gold-with-hot-bridge-3-pack

these ones

i love my strat i love guitar and i love early weezer

i dont think red lace sensor will sound strat like.

not him but for me I love me that Sunn Model T sound at a fair price instead of me tracking down a vintage model t of course

it's got 1 dial super simple for me cause i'll always be fidgeting around with the knobs looking for the right eq

it can handle deep distortion and those clean tones like sound like they're coming out of a cranked amp perfectly

it's really loud though an eq pedal right after the fuzz can help calm down this beast

a boost pedal and overdrive can really bring out even more dimensions of tones out of this pedal

hear it
youtube.com/watch?v=neazXtE5mPE

oldfag here

Anyone have this guitar? Fender pawn shop. Thinking of getting one

batonrouge.craigslist.org/msg/6001877645.html

should i cop lads?

Heard great things about other Pawn Shop Fenders. That said, I don't like semi-hollows.

I would.

Is the Ash Body original? He says it's "upgraded" but it looks it could be a parts guitar. Would be a good buy if everything is original.

that's the only thing i'm worried about.

If it's not original then there's no reason to even go for it. I've sent an email asking about it but i doubt i'll hear what i want back.

You're a patrician

could only find one similar online, but it looks like a legit model. Guitar Center does really small runs like these sometimes so it can be hard to find info for some of their FSR guitars

bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=186379

the ultimate hipstercaster

why so many strats though?

>And huge upgrade. Swamp ash natural finished body

that's a big NO right there

I get asked that a lot

everything i found online shows that there were no 60th anniversary issues in natural finish ash, so the body isn't legit.

too bad, it looks pretty cool compared to the boring standard colors you normally see on strats.

>still playing guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=NzGGL0VpKUI&feature=youtu.be

this is the future, get used to it fegs

I think it's legit, did you check the link I posted, the specs match the guitar for sale. Fender does small runs (FSR) of colors and options that they normally don't do in their regular lineup. Sometimes they make as few as 50 guitars.

I'd never buy a guitar someone else has modified. Not because of any cork-snifing "got to be stock" reasons, simply because you don't know what you're buying.

Just ask the seller if its a replacement body god damnit you retard

>needing samples to make your music

He's literally just triggering pre-recorded tracks. Fun I guess but artistically speaking it's not much more valid than playing a video game.

It's not a Fender body. The forearm contour is a lot deeper than on real Fenders.

Ask on the Fender forum, that place is full of people who can spot a fake a mile away.

great taste/10

>a construction out of a material, which may or may not change the timbre characteristics of the final sound, with multiple wire-like features of different widths, lengths and fibers, which can by excited by a multitude of apparatuses, so that the vibrations made are either perceived directly via air or they create an electric signal which is then modulated, amplified and transformed back into audible vibrations by use of other devices

o i am laffin

How big are your hands bros? My left hand is exactly 7.5 in, from base of palm to tip of the middle finger. I don't know if that's big, but I can do thumb over neck very easily. Makes me feel like Hendrix desu

about 20 cm, so almost 8 freedom units. I don't know if it's really that important though, it doesn't help you if you aren't strong enough to use it properly

How can i learn to improvise in a style similar to jimi hendrix? are there any tutorials? I have found that only his most easy solos are transcribed

Let's talk about Ibanezs. I'm looking for a cheap fixed bridge super strat.

I have my eye on the RG421EX for $544aud and the RG121EX for just $345aud.

Only difference is the more expensive one has a Mahogany body rather than Poplar and Quantum H ceramic pups rather than Infinity R pups.

Any feedback on either of these guitars?

Can't wait till it arrives

can anyone recommend me a 8 string for around 1700-2000€ ?
i thought about getting a strandberg boden 8 since a friend of mine just bought the mayones 7 string that i wanted.

I recommend a Strandberg Boden 8

Any reason to buy Skreddy or are they just overpriced meme big muff copies.

vocaroo.com/i/s0N7YNexePmb

r8 my vibrato technique /gg/
I think I've finally got the subtlety just right

If anyone wants any quick mastering done on a recorded track, link me and I will see what polish I can put on it.

Im not giving you my riffs, bro

shit, kill yourself

reminder that guitars have 6 strings tuned EADGBE

No, they have 12 strings tuned EeAaDdGgBbEe

Does anyone here write lyrics/sing? What's your process? Do you write a riff first and try to come up with something to sing, or sing first and write a riff under it?

BEADF#B is also acceptable.

>make drum pattern in Cubase
>smack a few chords over it
>write rhyming couplets about someone or something that makes me really fucking angry

Let's say six courses of strings, that's the technical term don't you know.

So what amps are you peeps running into atm?

Boogie Formula preamp into a Marshal EL34 5050 power amp into two 1x12 cabs

8.5 in, but I have big palms, not superlong spider fingers like Hendrix, Gilbert etc.
Middle finger is 3.75 in webbing to tip

test

>amps

Try virtuoso polish, it makes your guitar extra slick

Way too exaggerated for my taste, but having a unique vibrato is part of what defines you as a player so keep on keeping on.

THD Flexi 50

HRD iii

H&K Edition Tube 20W

Spending most of my time on the H&K atm - I'd forgotten how nice the clean channel is

They come both at the same time usually.

Like, melody and riff to come out first and usually in just a couple minutes, or vice versa riff then melody. Song concept is usually there in a couple minutes, keep building block by block. Occasionally i gotta record a rough version to get a final verse or bridge figured out.

Then refine it, put twists or nuances in, make sure all the lyrics and delivery fit. Figure out parts to layer.

Usually by then ill have a sense of the rhythm, so ill make a drum pattern or hop on the kit and make a loop, then bass just falls in place.

I haven't measured it, but I can do Allan Holdsworth styled chords. Probably between 25 and 30cm from middle finger tip to the base of the palm ?
It's all about technique though, I have more reach and ease than my 2m tall friend who has really long fingers.

Honestly, an 8 string goes so low it might as well be considered a bass, string spacing aside.

Orange micro dark + V30 equipped 1x12", or through my computer's speakers when it's late.

Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too

Hey bros, recommend me some cab sims that don't sound completely shit.

>sims
>that don't sound completely shit.

Finally got my power supplies working.

This is nothing to do with guitars but I had to tell someone and you guys are the closest thing I have to friends.

Hey lads, I'm looking for a nice semi-hollow guitar because I like their classy looks and feel. I don't know anything about the market for these though, what are my decent options for a maximum of $1000, if there are any.

>buying an instrument because it looks classy

You seriously need to try one of these amps. I'm not even Japanese but they are amazing

>$5,000 for a bolt on guitar

When will this meme die?

watch the Andertons video, see them desperately trying to work up any enthusiasm for a clearly shitty product they know no one's gonna buy

What kind of pedal board do i need to play shoegaze or other hipster trash? The only musicians in my area are hipsters or retirees, and im not really looking to play music from the 50s. Im used to playing music where what you play needs clarity note definition, not metal but more traditional guitar playing where note choice matters. Im looking at fender offsets, i think the jazzmaster might be the least ugly but i dont know. Ive got about $2000 to spend.

Fuck the manufacturers. Always buy used for 50% off retail. They will learn