Awful albums people pretend to like

ITT: Awful albums people pretend to like for "indie cred"

Starting off with the most obvious record that is "beloved" (see: pretending to like) by entry level teenage wannabe hipsters.

This album is pure garbage.

>awful nasally singing
>shit production (MUH LOW FIDELITY)
>asinine "deep" lyrics about literally nothing
>"eclectic" instrumentation; "singing" saws... Seriously?

The only thing worth a shit on this album is the percussion.

If you want a great "indie" album, listen to Spiderland or something. Aeroplane is fucking trash.

every death grips album

Agreed.

Death Grips is the rap equivalent of Neutral Milk Hotel.

>Spiderland
Speaking of awful albums people pretend to like for "indie cred"

Every album I don't like.

Except nobody pretends to like Spiderland.

>great production
>great lyrics
>great composition
>interesting time signatures

It's the opposite of Neutral Mike Hotel.

>Except nobody pretends to like Spiderland.
I see quite a few people on here pretending to like it every once in a while. You for instance.

>been slapping it onto every 5x5 I've made so Sup Forums wouldn't bully me
>I only really like Holland, 1945 and The Fool

>Neutral Mike Hotel

I bet most of the ppl who list this have only really heard Smooth

You don't like "Oh, Comely", the title track, or "Untitled"? You like "The Fool", so I imagine you like short, fun instrumental interludes with unusual instrumentation, so I figured you'd enjoy "Untitled", too. That thing is killer live.

sorry

>Neutral Mike Hotel

>neutral mike hotel

Pretty good bait, almost responded seriously to the OP

It's not bait...

Spiderland is objectively better than Aeroplane in every way.

Thinking everyone "pretends to like" an album is the most autistic thing people say on this board.

Not as autistic as the lyrics on In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.

>implying lyrics matter

Lol they definitely do to people who pretend to like Aeroplane.

>all of this ITAOTS hate
I don't think we can do this anymore Sup Forums. You've changed.

OP please proceed to take the cucumber you shoved in your rectum and munch on it.

Couldn't even get past the second track. Nasally out of tune vocals to lo fi accordion to silly stupid lyrics...

Unpopular opinion coming through.
Not for the indie cred though.

People don't pretend to like any of that, but you project on to them pretty clearly the way you feel like about artists you "like". The lyrics do clearly mean somethig if you really dig into it and yeah, noise in the production, so sue him.

>This album is pure garbage.

Because you apparently lack any feeling whatsoever.

ITT: People who don't understand subjectivity.

*start daft punk song* "untz untz untz untz" for 5 minutes with some vague party lyrics. Excellent. Their music is bland, uninspirired and it's not made to respected by critics, it's made for drugged out teens and adults who wish they were still teens.

>Awful albums people pretend to like for "indie cred"
>pretend to like for "indie cred"

I dunno, I don't ever remember pretending to like being moved to tears for years and years listening to ITAOTS without knowing anyone else who knew it or even knowing it had become popular. I just borrowed a copy from a friend of my brother's and it completely took hold of me.

Mangum's emotional force and incredibly blunt honesty are what make NMH great it is almost unparalleled in many ways. It's almost a form of musical hypnosis.

wow gay

>music is only a craft: the thread

>he has feelings, let's make him feel bad for having feelings

>I'm a queer

Art can't be objective you fuckwit.

ITAOTS is one of my favorite albums and yet this is still cringe. The social media aspect of this pic is just so sad.

>objectively better
>because that's a thing

Same. I even have it on vinyl and I don't treat it like a relic. It's a fantastic pierce of music and that's all it will be.

i bet bitches love him

I think it's cringe to us basement dwellers who consider Aeroplane this "essential album" so it's basically hear it or gtfo, he seems like a perfectly fine, normie dude who was making a joke about an album he really enjoys

when you realize that Jeff Mangum has aspergers, it all makes more sense, and you can go on and enjoy the album for what it is, warts and all

the people that say ITAOTS is bad are worse than those that say it's the best album ever made

I think he himself already has made that joke. hemce the post

>mfw it turns out i don't like what i like

when you realize that Jeff Mangum has aspergers, it all makes more sense, and you can go on and enjoy the album for what it is, warts and all

the people that say ITAOTS is bad are worse than the idiots that say it's the best album ever made

Their subsequent albums are better, some even amazing, but homework is overrated garbage.

>lyrics about literally nothing

You tried to make this an insult but in a few songs this is actually sort of the case, one could argue.

Anyways, you're a tool who can't let go of social standards enough to enjoy raw music born of passion. Sucks to be you.

Stop being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. It's cancer. You're never going to enjoy your life with that shitty and pointless attitude.

Wise up, sucka.

>If you want a great "indie" album, listen to Spiderland or something. Aeroplane is fucking trash.
Those albums could hardly be less alike.

>tfw neutral kike hotel

I don't listen to it anymore but I did genuinely like ITAOTS when I used to listen to it regularly. Generally I believe if the songwriting is strong enough, than things like you listed are peripheral in regards to what makes the music good.
I agree with the nasally singing and the production being a turn off but they're relatively easy to look past if you try. The lyrics are also pretty good t b h. There's a lot of fluff, but they absolutely have meaning, support a unifying theme, and the fluff plays to the meaning well rather than detracting from it. But paying no attention to the meaning, from a purely creative standpoint, I honestly don't understand how you can say the majority of the lyrics are poorly written.

I do also like Spiderland and still listen to it, though.

>>awful nasally singing
So? That's fine.
>>shit production (MUH LOW FIDELITY)
What's shit about it?
>>asinine "deep" lyrics about literally nothing
Have you researched it? It can't literally be about nothing since the author explained what the songs were about.
>>"eclectic" instrumentation; "singing" saws... Seriously?
Name 30 rock bands that use a singing saw predominantly

Yeah let me just tune my vocals thanks.

yeah but fuck u anyway

Run the Jewels

shit is toilet humor

ITT: Awful albums people pretend to dislike like for "contrarian cred"

Nic bait, my friend. We all know it's not possible to dislike ITAOTS (the greatest album of the 90s)

I think you're just a contrarian faggot.

??

>In every thread
ftfy

>ARE YOU FUCKING RECORDING ME?????
I never realized it's autism

You know you're a pleb when you have to pretend to like such an accessible album

This.

Tastes do differ, you know.

unlinemost of this thread this is not a b8
I really belive people pretend to like this one

Any, and all, Slayer albums.
>edge for the sake of edge
>BC Rich Guitars
>BC Rich Guitars (!)
>Kerry King being a pleb riff writer

Dream Theater as a whole.
All maths no soul.
>m-muh time signatures