Post that hot music opinion you've been wanting to share ITT

Post that hot music opinion you've been wanting to share ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/chiefpeepee/sets/pooty-juice
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I much prefer UK rap

IDK but this one makes me think about oral.

I unironically enjoy Alizee

Moskau is one of the best songs of the 70s

Hybrid Theory is a masterpiece.

Yep

If something from the 2000s were to go in the Library Of Congress' Recording Registry, I'd argue for that to be one of the first choices

If you're under the age of 35 you shouldn't be listening to classical

I listen to sacred Russian choral everyday

Heroes is far from the best song off the album Heroes.

punk was a mistake

Pablo Honey is a good album and it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets

I don't like OK Computer

This is the best rap album of the year so far
i dont care if its stupid
its ignorant, brave, and pushes the boundariessoundcloud.com/chiefpeepee/sets/pooty-juice

Katy Perry's latest single is pretty great.

trout mask replica is pretty accessible and i wish people would stop feeling special for liking it

Flatmate says this makes her feel nostalgic.

the beach boys are massively overrated
so is most hip-hop
animal collective too
joanna newsom isn't good at all
can't really think of much else

I want more ethereal, powerful edm that makes me feel like I'm goin on an adventure because it's good

Fantano is funny

Metalcore dating before 2012 is the greatest.
After that it became so cringy that every metalcore band either broke up or made a genre shift

I really dislike most of you, and I'm sure you dislike me
But I still feel you should be able to voice your opinions, no matter how shit they are, and I'm worried about that

The beach boys are only overrated because of americans. The only reason the beach boys are said to be as good/better than the Beatles on here is because of the shear number of Americans (the Beatles are extremely overrated too)

Elliott Smith is a better songwriter than any of The Beatles together or solo.

I hate how much Sup Forums has leaked into Sup Forums, I fucking hate politics

Fantano isn't funny

Squeeze is a decent album, people just hate it because it's attributed to the wrong artist.

wrong, it's probably Bowie's best full stop

worst opinion itt

idk about good album but there are some good tracks, gets too much hate

i kinda agree but kinda don't, a lot of it is accessible but the goofy parts can sometimes even be a bit much for me and I love Beefheart's style

It's been 7 years since Hard in the Paint and trap's biggest "progression" has just been taking the most basic elements of Bandcamp-level music. Like screaming and saccharine bleep bloopy pop instrumentalism.

That's absolute nonsense.

American culture at large considers the Beach Boys to be Surfin USA style grandparent music while the Beatles are fellated nonstop. The only people I've seen stop to look at Pet Sounds at, say, a Barnes and Noble are old people.

Racism is a BS excuse for liking shit music

Funny how its only used by rap fans

EDM = hip hop = trap = crunkcore = reggae

i don't even know if i understand what you're saying

Yeah there's way too many political threads here, and they're always shit

>you don't like rap
>hurrrrrrrrrrrr you racist

Funk, jazz, techno, house, blues fans don't say this.

Agreed on both points

If the users of the board learnt the differences of modern electronic instrument based music genres like they did rock ones instead of calling it all EDM or IDM the variety, knowledge and threads would be much better and less shitposting (except for /bleep/ trolls).

/bleep/ has become terrible in the last 3 years alone

Thats why I wish you could discuss techno or breaks on the board like rock or hip hop genres. /bleep/ has become worse than /emoe/ crossed with Sup Forums.

Interpol's first two albums > Joy Division's two albums

Neon Bible is better than Funeral.

All electronic music is garbage...

Except synthwave.

Synthwave is dope as hell.

Misfits without Danzig isn't misfits. Period.

Mayor Apeshit is the worst rapper ever.

Post-Bop is better than Hard Bop

If you're over the age of 18 and listening to punk, there is something seriously wrong with you

If you stop listening to punk at any point in your life it means you only knew shitty punk music.

i fucking adore africa by toto

The Kinks > The Beatles

neither of these are true and people who make sweeping generalisations about genres like this don't actually consume music as art, but as an entertaining fashion accessory

England hasn't been relevant musically since the 80s

I don't consider different races to be superior/inferior to one another, though it really does annoy me how black people are incapable (for the most part) at playing musical instruments - like the only band I can think of where a black person isn't the vocalist is, well, I can't even think of one off the top of my head, they don't seem to do anything save rapping which requires no effort whatsoever.

jazz??

I fucking despise the 'listen to what I reccomend or your opinion is invalid' complex that goes on. You shouldn't have to be under the weight of others and that fucking retarded Sup Forumscore shit.

1.2/10

bad post

Tool is good.

Quality progressive rock needs to make a comeback

I still like the beatles and even if Scaruffi is right i don't care

Tommy isn't that great compared to Sells Out

Fantano is ok background noise and i've discovered some neat bands from him

Zappa isn't that interesting

the clash was god-tier and Sandinista! is their best abum

i love the pillows even if they're weebshit pop

for clarity, do you mean that you wish there were more strictly instrumental black musicians?
because one of the most acclaimed guitarists of all time is black

i have a feeling he either doesn't explore certain genres or listens to predominantly white music

I tenatively agree with you, sorta.

I have nothing against black musicians, and if you sent me a hardcore band of all black people raging about the system or whatever I might enjoy it if the music is good, but yeah, most young black people today seem interested in different genres that appeal to me less.

Ted from the DK's is an example of what I'd like to see more of t b h

Sup Forums has bad tastes in music

Universal Themes > Red House Painters and everything else from Mark

Lulu was fantastic.

TPAB deserves as much praise as it gets.

Moonchild is the best song on ITCOTCK.

Radiohead are ok. They're definitely not deserving of as much praise as they get.

Neither is David Bowie.

Everyone talks about Twenty-One Pilots being good or bad or whatever, but lets talk about the real issue here: They're too dull to dethrone bands like Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Korn, and My Chemical Romance from the angst brigade throne. They will never take the crown because their music is too accessible and pseudo-sad instead of actually sad.

Wrong answer user, Meteora.

This.
>muh experimental rock, I'm so redpilled.

It's not edm, but try out Wolfgun. Very atmospheric electronic music. Feels like you're going into SPACE.

Agreed.

I don't think many would disagree with this sentiment. Except tryhards I guess.

Water is wet

This, honestly, there aren't any black classical composers either (at least good ones, so Eastman doesn't count)

OK. I have a question. I've been lurking on Sup Forums for a couple years but I still dont understand what music as a fashion accessory means. What does it mean?

you're on dumb

Underage b& confirmed.
Even if you're just some rock snob, there's no way you could ignore Tosin Abasi.

The 1975's first album is the only good one.

Souvlaki only has one good song on it, the rest is completely forgettable

incorrect my dude

Ian Curtis was a hack and new order is way better than joy division

Dubs

Flockaveli is my favorite album of the decade and i'm not even a big fan of trap rap, is a well known and respected record but i think it deserves more praise.

This is the best album of the 1990's

Atmospheric Black Metal is 99% fucking garbage.

The Beach Boys were objectively a better pop band than the Beatles and only yuroboos will pretend otherwise

queen is fuckin gay

sweeping generalizations are always wrong.

no genre is bad, some artists and songs are bad.

Kool Keith > MF DOOM

Contemporary Post Rock is Good

99% of folk (especially indie folk and folk punk) is boring as fuck
Animal Collective is cosmically overrated
Also, the only good thing left of Sup Forums are sharethreads, all generals must die

>
FUCK TRAP MUSIC ANYONE MAKING TRAP HAS ZERO TALENT AND FUCK OFF IF YOU GOT VAPORWAVE

i dont even fucking bother going to soundcloud anymore coz its always that same retarded ass nigger beat with either meme samples or other stupid shit. fucking cancer

Dream theater is unlistenable garbage

Dream Academy is better

It may be a popular opinion on Sup Forums but DJ's don't deserve the level of fame they've received in the last decade

Good =/= Best

literally who else besides khalid is actually as famous

What's the difference between a DJ and a producer?

agreed

HAY-OH-MY-OH-A-MY-EE-OH-A-MY-EE-OH-A
HAY-OH-MY-OH-A-HEEEEEEY-AH

...life in a northern town.

I still do think that Tommy edges out The Who Sells Out by a hair, but it's a real shame that Sells Out gets so overshadowed. It has all the qualities that made peak-Who so great without the overarching concepts that dominate their other albums

Fantano is a good reviewer for the most part and hating him is a meme

A Tribe Called Quest is fucking trash

Slam Death Metal is good for the most part

/rym/ is the worst thread on the entire internet

DJ is in charge of on-stage music. Usually takes care of the instrumentals, triggering samples, switching tracks etc. A producer is the one who actually puts the tracks together and may or may not do the mixing & mastering himsef. But usually for bigger people theres a person/team for each step.

Is this even an unpopular opinion?
examples? Because I have the exact opposite opinion.
2 years ago this would be wrong, but as of lately, yeah, the generals are all trash.
>>>>/metal/

>A Tribe Called Quest is fucking trash
this one was mean, they're like the least hatable hip hop group ever wtf

agreed with /rym/ and rateyourmusic in general is awful, all reviews should have forced anonymity so the faggots there can't try and use it to build up a cult of personality around themselves

this is objective though

if you still can't enjoy radio-pop (anywhere from the 90s to present) unironically you still don't know shit about music

also 50% of conceptual music which is popular and talked about in art circles isn't that great at all and there are many people who do it much better but are unheard of because they don't present it intellectually, because they title it something like "doodling with contact mics" and don't release it but it sounds amazing and much better than those institutionalized art cunts who call it "study for 2 performers with industrial microphones". not all, but something like 50% from what i've seen

Lyrics are the most important part of a song

St. Anger is not that bad. People put it down just because it's Metallica.

The Velvet Underground's S/T is their best album.

have you considered poetry?

More like Metallica fans put it down because Lars Ulrich ruined it.

agreed

In a way

True. Lou Reed is a fucking prick and that's the only reason people HATE what is actually just a 2.5/5 album

This is just fact

Wtf even is "post-bop?"

Scaruffi isn't right. His opinion on the Beatles is dumb, petty, and absurdly biased

The 80's was the best decade for music. Period.