Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1808

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Special Sup Forums FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to Sup Forums
There's the door

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kobun.weblio.jp/content/因りて
u.nya.is/fiqhfd.mp3
youtu.be/V5S8oHLWgT4
youtu.be/_caWqMWxXfQ
youtu.be/vZgvcNFyNnU
youtu.be/5Pndj-9WOLk
youtube.com/watch?v=ME0PzzrdcnI
youtube.com/watch?v=-E6x7AR4-CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DTx8bmhLDo0
youtube.com/watch?v=BXs0VuDWp7I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Jack
youtube.com/watch?v=XaHaO3yJ9AI
youtube.com/watch?v=6nBOYjFiRd8
youtube.com/watch?v=e51hgWIsY4M
youtube.com/watch?v=xrvGyOjQHGs
youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
lang-8.com/
asianlifestyledesign.com/2012/03/salt-in-japanese-culture/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can someone explain the difference between
>逆境においては、人は希望によりて救われる。
and
>逆境においては、人は希望により救われる。
I don't really understand what the て in によりて is doing and without it I can't see any difference in meaning.

Pic related is where it is from.

That's how the te-form used to look like, before phonological changes turned it into よって. So, it's によって.

That makes sense and seems obvious now.
Thanks Swedanon.

I realize I touch the second half of your question: what the difference between the two is. I'm not sure myself to be honest. Obviously there has to be some difference, otherwise people wouldn't bother attaching て to より to begin with. What this is and how much it matters isn't clear to me, though.

>8 hours for a new thread to be made
Finally.

I didn't touch on*

>8 hours without a new thread
>I decide to break the silence
>hey, why not make a new pic while I'm at it?
>sperg out about tiny details on image for over 30 minutes
>this thread is created 4 minutes before mine, duplication ensues
もう自殺しようか。

By the way, reading last thread was a blast, thanks to all you autistic fucks. Comfiest DJT thread on Sup Forums so far.

How does "no other" in "if for no other reason than" work? it makes me confused with "none/no other than."

I was late, if for no other reason than traffic.
I was late, if only for traffic.

"no other X than Y" extends beyond "no other reason than X"

If for no other person than you, I will fight to the death.

I killed you for no other reason than your race.

I killed you because of your race. There is no other reason, this is the only one.

理由しかないってかもしれない。。。

お前ら何年間、日本語勉強してんの?

一昨年の12月から

I don't want to hear your excuses! If you really want something, you have got to make time for it! It won't just happen on it's own, you have to consciously choose to make changes to get to where you want to be!

You've got to give it all you've got! Change what you need to change! Push yourself, because nobody else is going to do it for you!

tfw you finish reading a god-tier tankoubon on the panda without using a dictionary even once and edging all the way through, culminating in a lengthy overwhelming orgasm in the last chapter
i love nippongo

日本語止めて中国語にすれば?

よりて=依りて
it's literary language, which mean "for that reason"
逆境においては、人は希望によりて救われる。
under the adverse circumstances, people would be saved as the result of their having hope
逆境においては、人は希望により救われる。
under the adverse circumstances, people would be saved by their having hope
you see?
come to JT
watch this
kobun.weblio.jp/content/因りて

1 year can only somewhat read

んOし人

I'm have a little trouble with some of the longer vowels. Such as aa or oo. Sometimes the long vowels can sound like one spelling but is spelt another. For example: oo and ou both sound the same but oo is used as "ah!" and ou is a word for king. How do you distinguish which long vowel is being intended?

HOW MANY BULLETS DOES IT TAKE

Mouth shape, I guess. If people pronounce おお and おう differently, おお is a round, hollow shape with your mouth whereas おう sort closes up at the end.

Did you guys know that the "Weeaboo" is dying?

Japan has stopped appealing to children outside Japan. Kids these days aren't getting their "Yugioh" or "Shaman King" to yellowpill them, and the only guys watching dragonball super are milennials.

Additionally, Japan has nearly stopped appealing to women with anime, so all the weeaboo women are turning into koreaboos instead (see: recent Mystic Messenger fad, a korean videogame, not japanese)

additionally, recluse kids used to jump to anime when we were kids, but kids these days in generation z are turning into online sports (guess what -- another korean trend)

The milennials is the last generation with a vested interest in moving to japan. Realize you're the last your kind, learning japanese, and stop all obstacles blocking you. Only -you- can do this..

btw, the reason the current weeaboos are dying is because all the weeaboos that were good enough already made it to japan, so the only weeaboos left standing here are the people who aren't good enough to go to japan, or people llike me who started learning japanese late, because every other weeaboo is already in japan or using their japanese for something.

we're the last ones standing in this fight.

what's some good japanese rap to practice listening comprehension with? plus points if it's not super cringy

i like kohh but that's almost all i know

RIP SLYME

> we're the last ones standing in this fight.

It sounds like you're Samurai. Too bad, you can only be a wizard, not Samurai.

Rather be a wizard than a washed up caste, です。
I'll let you into my Goat Tower.

おう feels more like saying the word "toe", or "low" there is a curve downards, O>u
おお feels more like a continuum, can't think of an example, but just keep saying ooooo without changing much your contour.

There might be a slight drop, but it's not as pronounced, think of saying something like "go over", the second O make it so you don't drop the first one that low.

Die Fahne hoch.

Goat Tower? what's the hell it?
It seems smelly by wank.

>It seems smelly by wank.
I love you Japanons.

I-I'm not homo....sorry Austanons.

>It sounds like you're Samurai

You might say...

They call me Jack.

sorry I know that one. I'm looking for music from our fascist buddies in japan

Rate me :3

I only listen to Doujin Music, do you know Coro?
They rap in Engrish too sometimes, so I can't guarantee a cringe-free experience.

Here's a sample: u.nya.is/fiqhfd.mp3

female rap isn't too bad when it comes to this because they speak more clearly

youtu.be/V5S8oHLWgT4
youtu.be/_caWqMWxXfQ
youtu.be/vZgvcNFyNnU
stuff from Basi is also okay

youtu.be/5Pndj-9WOLk

I like you great teachers

Ayo senpaitachi, quick question about RTK: are you supposed to do it non-stop? Because I sometimes take breaks longer than a week since inscribing the cards and all burns me the fuck out.

my advice would be to drop RTK all together, you'll waste so much time and energy on stuff that isn't even remotely relevant to you at this time

do you want Kin-iro Mosaic season Ⅲ?
youtube.com/watch?v=ME0PzzrdcnI

So I should drop learning Japanese altogether?

no, you learn the meaning of the radicals so you can still understand the components of the kanji because sometimes they actually do make sense, but then start with the most common ones

I fell for the RTK jew and made handwritten cards for all kanji, but there are so many that you won't see for quite a while that I'm actually mad how much time I wasted and the grouping of the kanji doesn't really make it easier to remember them anyway

Have you heard of either 相対性理論 or 泉まくら?
Some examples which might float your u-boat:
相対性理論
youtube.com/watch?v=-E6x7AR4-CQ
泉まくら
youtube.com/watch?v=DTx8bmhLDo0
youtube.com/watch?v=BXs0VuDWp7I

Can I ask you why Jack?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Jack

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Jack
ah, thanks, canadanon.
then it can be a meme when we call samurai to westerners.

Doesn't get much more of a meme than pic related.

good movie though

I'll admit, I did watch it that theatres when it was released and it was pretty engrossing.

M8, sorry to be a Nervensäge, but if you did RTK to the end, how can you say that you'd have learned kanji as well if you hadn't done it?

>female rap
Reminded me of this, I really like it:
youtube.com/watch?v=XaHaO3yJ9AI
But I scrapped the first 30 seconds or so in an audio editor because the intro is annoying as hell.

Babymetal is the trashmost meme out there, holy shit.

縄文人www I don't know how to say it in English, tho.

>Babymetal is the trashmost meme out there.
I love you, Brazilanon

Is she brown?

>But I scrapped the first 30 seconds or so in an audio editor because the intro is annoying as hell.
should have scrapped the whole song

if you feel like it works for you then go with it, but at the end you'll have to write the fuckers down again anyway when you come across them in some text, because you'll remember shit about them
no matter what you do it comes down to sole repetition and this is what RTK tries to deny

it's of course a theory of mine because I can't take the time back that I invested into this, but you'll be more efficient if you just go from most to least common, because you can actually start reading sooner which is important as fuck, with RTK you'll learn about some very basic kanji way back into the fucking book and when you reach them you'll have already forgotten all the shit that came before them

Was listening to Miu's character CD earlier today.
世間は広いようで狭い

This is my favourite character song out of them, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=6nBOYjFiRd8

oh and what I forgot, you'll need of course a 2nd book to get the actual readings and words and shit, because the RTK jew is one greedy fucker

Indians are always brown.

i dislike you、 Zainichi
苺ましまろ
とは、また旧いアニメを
どちらかといえば「黒」だね

youtube.com/watch?v=e51hgWIsY4M

What does Japan think about Samurai Jack?

bellends you lot, east Korean.

This is the first time I watched this video, were those series very popular among American kids? 2bh, it looks fascinating even though way too far real looks of samurai.
Kimono and hair style are strange, but I still think this is okay, because he is ameriany samurai anyway.

Yes, Samurai Jack was very popular for children.

youtube.com/watch?v=xrvGyOjQHGs

Look at the animation here. It is very good

>east Korean.
It's JAPAN SEA
Do not tell a lie
Many Japanese know you are not a Japanese
Do not pretend to be a Japanese

When was it popular for children and is it still famous? Either way, are they all serious stories instead of many crazy shenanigans which normal kids anime has.? Yes, animation looks very good.

None so deaf as those who is merely stupid.
まず人に何か言うなら、相手の言ってることを理解してからにしろよ、パンツ屋は本当に英語出来ないんだな。
ウザいんで、これ以降レスしないから一人で勝ち誇っとけ

というより、いつも間違った回答をしているのは、お前だろ?
勝手にほざいてな在日

Samurai Jack was popular 7 years ago, before the show was cancelled.

HOWEVER, Last week, the ressurection is confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

Samurai Jack is back, and the story will be finished, March 11

>The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
This should really be removed from the FAQ already

How can any one man be this alpha like him? This is the only second time to be here. poor bellends.

Wow, it's cancelled 7 years ago and the resurrection is confirmed? Isn't it rare case, I mean very, 7 years are not short time. Do you know any information about the reason they decided to make them again? It seems so popular....

おはよう
勉強しながら居眠りしちゃダメ

How can any one man be this Beta like him? This is not the only second time to be here. poor bellends.
Come to JT

How about you come in my ass.

lang-8.com/ is down.

勉強せずにアメリカ映画を見ちゃってるよw
and don't even touch him he is nothing but stupid dirty old man can't use proper English and Japanese either. Don't even expect he can reply you with broken English, moreover never expect witty reply.
I guess he must be real manlet, but you seem you are not a big ass, so he cant come in your ass.

I've never used the sight, is is helpful?

>and don't even touch him he is nothing but stupid dirty old man can't use proper English and Japanese either. Don't even expect he can reply you with broken English, moreover never expect witty reply.
>I guess he must be real manlet, but you seem you are not a big ass, so he cant come in your ass.
why did you say about yourself?

>I've never used the sight, is is helpful?

Not of much use when its down. Otherwise it depends if you like blogging or not.
It's pretty good if you need anything check-proof.

その文章でsay 使っちゃうとか本当に中学生以下の英語。気の毒になってきたから、もういいよ。
馬鹿なのはお前だけのせいじゃないんだろうし。

Ah, I'd rather study myself if I have to be blogging, thanks Franceanon. I go off now.

>その文章でsay 使っちゃうとか本当に中学生以下の英語。
The only mistake he made in that sentence was not putting "this" after "say".

Your English is garbage too, though.

Which one? He didn't use ''this'' at all, tho.

Back off, norwayanon.

"this" is omitted, retard

Just making sure you know your own level.

So, I recently started learning moon, right now I'm focusing on grinding individual kanji (>inb4 ur doin it wrong), then I'll read Tae Kim and then I'll start learning actual vocabulary. Is this a decent way to learn, given that I'm not really in a hurry to start reading/watching stuff? I'm taking this at my own pace.

every time I see this on the catalog I think "Donald John Trump"

>7 years ago
user, I don't mean to make you feel old, but it's been 13 years already.

Any idea where I can find Japanese subs for movies, anime, TV shows and so on?

If you're going to grind individual Kanji, then at least do it like the Japanese do in their education kanji grading system.

You should probably read Tae Kim first though. It isn't a very long read.

Interesting, IME converts kyuukyusha, kyukyuusha and kyuukyuusha to 救急車.

In
その手術をするのに8時間がかかりました。
Why is it "no ni" instead of "no ha"?

13 years?

THIRTEEN?

XIII?

I'm....old.

you can use the both.

quで「く」になるよ
depend on contexts

the case we use "nowa" is like the following context
「誰が、その手術をするのですか?」
「その手術をするのは、ブラック・パンツ屋・ジャックです。」
「その手術をするのは、難しい」
we don't say 「その手術をするのは、8時間がかかりました。」 often.
but we could say 「その手術をするのに(=ために)は、八時間もかかりました(=必要でした)。」.
we need to put "ni " between "no" and "wa".
that is のには no ni wa.
you see?
nope
don't pretend to be a Japanese

Why is Fuuka-chan throwing salt at their leave? Some kind of pun?

Thanks, dude!

asianlifestyledesign.com/2012/03/salt-in-japanese-culture/
>These salt superstitions still continue today. In fact, I know people who when they have an unwelcome visitor to their home, throw salt over their threshold when they leave!

>we don't say 「その手術をするのは、8時間がかかりました。」 often.
only you