What happened to rock and metal?

What happened to rock and metal?
It used to have an edge. It used to trigger the ultra conservative shits over nothing. Now Pop music does it more than them both.
What happened? Why have they lost their edge?

Other urls found in this thread:

metalblast.net/blog/the-blm-boycott-marduk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People grew up

now le conservativse are le punk rock!

there's plenty of edge shit happening
you're just not invited

Nothing is shocking anymore.

metalblast.net/blog/the-blm-boycott-marduk/

only morons care more about music culture than music itself

the kids who got excited about edgy rock and metal pissing off older conservative critics are now the older conservative culture critics getting pissed off by edgy pop. the stunts rock&metal musicians pulled don't shock people anymore, and whether or not their music itself is any good, a lot of the new culturally "edgy" work is happening in pop

The vast majority of conservatives listen to rock and metal nowdays
You are many decades behind the times
Those same edgy teens 40 years ago listening to rock and metal despite their parents telling them not to, are now parents themselves and telling their own children that pop music like Lady Gaga is satanic

Absolutely this
In the 70's edgy kids listened to rock and metal to piss off their parents
Those same edgy kids in the 70's are now 45 year old parents lecturing their children about how Beyonce has demonic symbolism
It's ironic how in 2017 you have 45 year old metalheads constantly whining about how pop music is causing massive moral decay in society, and how pop music is a satanic influence on their children

I don't know. The grunge era was really cool with Nirvana, Soundgarden etc at their peak. But since it ended I feel like true rock n roll's been dead.
I really hope for a revival though.

>revival
Don't you want an entirely new genre of music to be created?

The problem with "edge" is that it has nothing to do with the thing in question and everything to do with people's reactions to the thing. So if rock and metal have lost their "edge" then by definition that just means that society stopped getting upset about those genres. It could be that the music is worse, it could be that people are more acclimated to it. It doesn't really matter because the pursuit of "edge" is also inherently stupid.

But pop music is objectively worse

That's not what we are talking about
We are talking about how rock and metal is mostly listened by parents these days, while pop music is mostly listened by teens
Nowdays metal is considered kosher music by adults while pop music is considered satanic and demonic

Who the fuck does this?

There's plenty of underground industrial that's way scarier and seemingly satanic than Beyonce's ultra-lame Enya inspired Grammy performance.

Honestly it's because they all have families now. Anti-fa have become the PMRC, but none of the metal guys want to murder them because they have a wife and kid at home.

I heard that there's some black metal band in America (made up entirely of latinos) who have said they're going to fight back against Anti-fa, so that's the next thing.

Oh plus hhurch arson is a lot harder outside of Norway where churches aren't made of wood.

don't worry its coming back

>It used to trigger the ultra conservative shits

Now being ultra0conservative is the most edgelord thing you can do. Starting a buttrock post-grunge band with Pro-Trump lyrics is the most punk rock thing you can do.

>tfw Miley Cyrus pisses off more people than black metal
Truly the artist of the decade.

I'M A PART OF WHAT SOME PEOPLE CALL THE ALT-RIGHT

people just get pissed over whats popular