I have the opportunity to steal $50,000 from my job and make it halfway across the country before anyone notices

I have the opportunity to steal $50,000 from my job and make it halfway across the country before anyone notices.

What are the ramifications of this?
How hard would they hunt you down?

whats your job?

If you have a newish car, (2000 and up) you can be tracked by gps. Your phone will also lead to you, so ditch those two things. It isnt about how far you can get before they notice, its about how small of a trail you leave behind.

Also 50k is like...middle class one year pay after tax. Not really worth it lol

I work in finance. Think check cashing for rich people. As weird as that sounds.

I plan to take my old motorcycle. 1980's Honda. Great for road trips.

Well, 50k in cash. There's about another 100k in small assets. Gold, diamonds and such.

The risk/reward for that isn't worth it.

You blow any opportunity for finance and get a prison sentence/going to prison for awhile if convicted. Not to mention, what the fuck is $50,000 going to do for you? People can spend that in a year barely trying. It isn't enough to survive off of. Maybe escape country like Mexico where 1 USD is equal to about 15+ peso or places like Thailand, etc.

That's what I was halfway planning. I actually have friends in Cambodia and Thailand. How long could I live there?

>warrant for arrest
>passport freeze
That's about it.

If i do over the weekend, I'll have three days before it's discovered. I already have a passport and I've been to SE Asia more than once in the past few years.

>>only way to travel is with passport....

You got another identity you can use yet?

If you're 50+ and have no wife or kids I'd say go for it. Bounce, hit some bars on the way, do the best blow and have unprotected sex as you go along. If you're in your 20s or 30s it's a stupid idea that won't get you further than a couple of years before you come home to sanctions and a broken career

I'm working now under one and a fake degree.

Don't forget bringing huge amounts of cash and valuables on international flights makes you prone to arrest due to reasonable doubt

50k is gonna go in a matter of weeks. Not worth it

Why the fuck would you do this for 50k? You on some type of drugs?

kek
So you can go back to being your original self?

I dunno man... starting over with 50k can be done but without planning ahead - place to go, new job, excuse of why you're in a new place, etc..- ain't gonna be easy.

You're not gonna be able to trust anyone in the future.

What country are you in?

No way are the consequences light enough to be worth 50 grand..

If you plan to do it, I'd go from east coast to west (or vice versa) then get a flight to Thailand from there. But you need to be clever. You probably are not that clever if you write on Sup Forums.

Fate will have a way of fucking you over. The world will conspire against you and life will be harder than it is now.
Not wurf bad hombre

Pretty much. USA is my current country.

With the 100,000 on top of it, I'm looking at $150k. I could move somewhere and get a good degree.

>magic

Not a meme amigo. Meme magic exists, don't do stupid shit.

Meh, it's pretty inciting but you've got to weigh the consequences of being in prison for a long time over the short amount of freedom you'll have.

My bet is that you'll be caught pretty quickly. This is your 1st time and you're gonna make some mistakes opposed to LE who has the experience in looking for those mistakes.

>1st time
I've worked here for five years. In fact, I'm in charge of making sure people don't do this kind of shit.

Watch the movie psycho. Its the same situation

Go for it then. I see there's no way to talk you out of it.

You cannot go ghost in this day and age. If you break the law and move to literally any western country, you'll get extradited.

I don't think that's 100% accurate.

Why do you want to do this?

First of all, you have to realize that your life will be totally destroyed if this fails. Better forget it.

You're obviously full of shit if you have friends over there you should know exactly how long you could
Make it there

My friends own a bar. And they're nationals. They can own property. Completely different.

Depends who you took it from and how easy it is to know it was you. Running to Mexico is an option, but a bad one.