/grimes/

Discuss one of the most amazing artists on this planet, Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

>Venus Fly is now on youtube! i would especially recommend watching it in 4K, i coloured it (with great help from @hanatruly ) for 4K viewing so that's prob the best way to watch haha. this video really means a lot to me for many reasons. first off, i've been a huge fan of janelle monaƩ since she debuted. i've always admired her genre bending, ground breaking art, sonically and visually. Collaborating with her was a dream come true, and i learned so much about songwriting and directing from her. furthermore, im on an independent label so i've never come close to having access to the kind of equipment/resources we had here(thank u Tidal!!!). i put my whole heart and soul into this project; conceptualized, directed, edited, coloured and post-prod, nearly destroying my computer in the process lol. I hope y'all can feel the love and i hope this video takes u to a trippy alternate dimension where giant humanoid eva's play w bubbles made of what i imagine the christofilos effect looks like ( trapped charged particles along magnetic lines of force ). it is most assuredly not a realistic depiction, it's just a vision i've had in my mind for a while since i began studying the cold war earlier this year. thanks so much u guys for caring about our art
Watch this masterpiece here: youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

>almost finished building like 20 or so 5D multi timbral synths in roli equator, they'll be released for roli blocks later this year. never made synths from scratch before, its pretty fun
Video with her playing a mean jam: instagram.com/p/BP6JQUMjSd_/

Grimes produced a new Aristophanes song, Humans Become Machines: youtube.com/watch?v=BHmVqMISPLw If you don't know, Aristophanes is that Taiwanese rapper that performed on SCREAM.

Rule #1: be nice to Grimes.
Rule #2: see Rule #1.

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/features/grimes-the-triumph-of-a-self-made-oddball-20151105
youtube.com/watch?v=_-7toYWFEyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off with this industry stooge.

>The haters and trolls have a really hard time when it comes to Grimes. It's very hard to attack her. Leaving aside that "be nice to Grimes" mantra, how could you attack an authentic artist that got huge acclaim from the whole music world, an artist respected my many of her fellow artists, an artist known for her infinite creativity? Just lame personal attacks related to her look (despite the fact she featured in multiple fashion magazines) and personality (despite the fact she donated money for charity, caring about environment and her fans). That's why they're so pissed off irl all the time: desperation and envy. Desperation and envy.

Of course grimes is the kind of ditz to think that playing a violin with the bow on fire would make for a cool shot.

It's not a cool shot. It just makes me hate her more.

sometimes it really bugs me that she wasted effort on writing Scream that she could've put to use actually finishing Laughing and Not Being Normal instead of leaving it as a half-song :(

We know you and Grimes are full of shit. And you fucking paid scabs do this shit EVERY FUCKING DAY? Who do you think you're fooling.

>muh Grammys racism

Grimes is a corporate controlled stooge.

shes basic as fuck and you suck her dick for doing anything this shits pathetic maan

stop making threads about this piece of shit

Is it possible that Grimesfags are actually bots created by Grimes' label that constantly makes threads and replies to them? That would explain why all the discussion is inane and repeats the same ideas and phrases, and when you confront a Grimesfag they respond in a neutral and nonconfrontational way that never truly addresses any Grimes criticism, as if it's a pre-written script.

It's mainstream music industry shills. Grimes is taking that cash. She is a corporate stooge.

these threads always make me depressed just when i'm about to be happy again

thank you claire

Fuck off nigga. No one believes any of this shit. Grimes is a fraud and these threads are here to encourage pussy ass behavior in young men.

deep blue

ok my friend

>It just makes me hate her more.
Lol coming from a tripfag like you, that just makes it cooler desu.

Pro tip: Use different wording next time.

which bf did grimes sing to on valentines day?

GRIMES IS A FRAUD

GRIMES IS THE REAL DEAL

shill please, she's a fucking industry patsy.

she lost all credibility.

and the fact that their are an army of shills making all of these threads EVERY FUCKING DAY confirms. it.

>shills
>this fucking triggered
Or there are people who like her music.

nigga pleas. there are shill threads on her every fucking day. multiple ones.

and the fact that she has fallen in line with the (((industry's))) talking points, fucking confirms it.

LEAVE

i used to like her a whole lot more desu

Grimes is my manic pixie waifu. Go Claire yasss salyyyy.

Yeah but what if I stop using my tripcode altogether and still think it's stupid? B-)

devon is a nice song

I read that she was a drug addict, so how did she get all the money to buy drugs, and her parents didn't know it or did she leave her house so she can take all the drugs she wanted? I don't understand why is she so big now, it's probably because of nepotism.

I'm sure 'Hollywood' is giving her just enough money to keep her in their control.

HEr parents are very blue collar? Also, does she have any siblings? It doesn't say who are her parents in wikipedia nor if she has siblings.

>HEr parents are very blue collar
her mother is a former prosecutor and now edits the Vancouver Observer; her father works in the business side of biotech
rollingstone.com/music/features/grimes-the-triumph-of-a-self-made-oddball-20151105

Do you think that Claire was bullied?

That's not how you hold a violin

If I would have been her classmate I would have never let her use the bathroom just to see her face when she shits herself. I would have teased her for having a goblin face, and I would have pushed her in the stairs to see if she falls. I would have loved to see her crying in a corner and then I would scream 'goblin face! Why you don't die, goblin face!' Probably that would have make her a greater artist than what she is now.

You'll sound SLIGHTLY less like a total moron.

is she, dare i say, a (((retard)))?

she's definitely (((industry)))

you make it sound so innocent

desu.

Lol. It's almost like you think anyone here actually cares about what you have to say.

>writing out "muh" in a message board post
>expecting to be taken seriously

lol, it's almost like you think we can't see right through your corporate shilling.

only hard actions matter

heads up

>using the term "Grimesfags" unironically
>ALSO expecting to be taken seriously

t. Levi Rosenstein Hollywood, CA

If that's truly the case, then you don't deserve to be happy.

t. Seth Bloombaum Hollywood, CA

>this is potential entertainment to you

go watch chinese cartoons and/or install tinder app

>these threads are here to encourage pussy ass behavior in young men.
>outing yourself as a "young man" on Sup Forums
Fyi you have to be 18+ to post here.

kek, get a real fucking job, you fucking scab

>not being nice to Grimes

>not being nice to Grimes

you know if she died i would just agree with that

Still not enough air-quotes. Like I said last time, we have to be able to visualize your arms wildly flapping in the air for it to have any real impact.

i wonder why she needs time to herself bros

>playing violin

cool

>playing violin on fire

cooler

>being a trip fag

not cool

how many posts are you going to make pretending this scrub has some huge fan base?

there's about 9k fans of grimes, if not more

>it's almost like you think we can't see right through
user, how is claiming something is happening while also bragging about your inability to detect whether it is happening or not supposed to be helping your case?

and yet somehow there are four fucking shill threads on here everyday?

Just Baffling.

Meanwhile Grimes is pushing P4K's (Conde Nast) fake news and bogus politics.

What a coincidence.

Lol. Wrong board, honey.

lol, sweetie, you suck at your job, and are obvious as fuck.

YASSS GRIMES SLAYYYYY

dohoho

I said more air-quotes, not fewer...

>Setting a violin on fire for a picture is cooler than playing a violin when it's not on fire
What?

see

Sup Forums is so easy to spell and you completely fuck it all up somehow...

kek, they really are obvious about it.

nice job shilling your existence on an anonymous based forum. add me on RYM, i'm a big wheel at the cracker factory

not so obvious like grimes' commitments

>not knowing the difference between a violin and a violin bow
Lol. See also youtube.com/watch?v=_-7toYWFEyk

bump for bi-curious

hey did you listen to james's new album?

it's just like mine

'b' is a single letter of the English alphabet. You don't SPELL it - you just write it out.

THIS

well her fans are retarded, so

shut up

shut up a 2nd time, before you start again. adopt the abstract concept of shutting the fuck up, before you get us killed

>implying any self respecting publicity firm would put it's weight behind grimes
see there's a problem here in that she looks like an inbred crack baby

no industry insider is going to look at her face and go "oh yeah we gotta start pushing this right now, that face is really gonna sell records"

the soulless p4k indie mahine is another story but at the end of the day that shit is kids stuff

well, i just love/need to push it. it's my thing

does any of that make sense from an enabling cuck though? kill yourself

But how can someone "shut up" in a conversation two times in a row?

I'm beginning to understand why you seem to be allergic to actually discussing music on /mu...

yup total circle-jerk

hay are you familiar with safe-words? an real artist definitely has had them

wew buddy that's a lot of buzzword-fu you're playing there

might wanna cool your jets

>proving my point
Lol

this is the truth

you poor man

>an real artist
literally in tears over here

says you, the self-approving retard

THIS

you poor fucking individual

what's up with all these /r/the_Donald shills on Sup Forums lately

what's up with shill faggots making these threads everyday trying to market this corporate fraud?

deep blue

It's a handful of /pol // /tv retards who wandered over for the Grammys threads last week and haven't found their way back yet.

It's obviously a (((conspiracy))) to try and trick young boys into becoming homos and traps

Case in point:

yeah devon is a neat song