Why do people rave about htis movie, it sucked ass and completely bored the living shit out of me

why do people rave about htis movie, it sucked ass and completely bored the living shit out of me

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/mv8qf#141
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But now you can't stop talking about it.

You're to young to understand the sheer epicness of this movie...

>to young

retard detected, opinion disregarded

HE SAY YOU BRADE RUNNA

Its sheer atmosphere was ground breaking and widely influential. Watch Blade Runner first, and you'll never see Matrix or Ghost in the Shell as "wow so original" again.

fuck atmosphere, it's slow and fucking BORING

As opposed to what vapid movie that you really like?

Let me guess, you thought it was going to be a Star Wars/Terminator movie?

I thought there was gonna be some fucking action at least, not Han Solo wandering round looking confused for a fucking hour and a half before anything starts to happen

OP, describe in single words, only the good things that come in to your mind about... your mother.

>op is 15
>watches a movie that is over 30 years old
>can't put it contextual time
>thinks the movie sucks

yeah, unless transformers, it's not a master piece

What are your favorite movies?

pros
>awesome soundtrack
>great visuals
>great acting
cons
>too slow
>weak ending
I don't understand the hype about this movie either, I guess it was groundbreaking when it came out and hipstershitters pretend it's the best movie ever

>expecting action from a detective noir

You're too young to post here.

just quoting stuff from the couple few years, GotG was better than this shit, at least there were a few laughs in it and it moved along at some kind of pace

>comparing guardians of the galaxy with blade runner

confirmed for troll

OPI'm 16 but literally my all time favorite movie. You don't like it because you're not ready for the future OP

Underage b&

>GotG was better than this shit
I disagree. The characters were such caricatures and the story was thin. At least Blade Runner had characters that had some depth. And at least it seriously dealt with serious issues like mortality and ethics. It had atmosphere and some poetic lines. It's something that I thought about after I watched... GotG was so empty, I never thought about without someone bringing it up.

Underage and b&

>blah blah serious issues blah fuckin blah ethics morality

so yeah, you agree it was slow and boring, got it

what is this?

>Trying to troll
>Keep using the same lines over and over
This got stale, fast.

this

>blah blah hurr durr blah blah
so yeah, you're a moron, got it

>>weak ending

Which ending? The happy ending version was a cop out. The other version(s) were better.

holy shit, that is awesome

Op and followers are too "young" aka ignorrant to understand CONTEXT of a time they didn't grow up in that didn't involve CGI nor did we have widespread information and general understanding of BASIC Global ideas at a common person level, nor do most still understand.

ever watch that movie you always watched as a kid only to find out it's not what you thought it was? same shit.

>CONTEXT

in the CONTEXT of watching it now, it's a shitty boring movie

For the same reason people rave about 2001 A Space Odyssey, they fancy themselves filmfags and they know that it's expected of them to love and rave about certain films whether they *actually* like them or not. It's kind of sad, actually. They're fooling themselves.

This is crazy. I knew that opening scene had something else to it

>only liked movie because breasts

it's not shitty in CONTEXT
the context is that you don't understand and your opinion is limited...

I can almost Guarantee that anymore that is on your top favs, the people who made it would argue with you.

>your opinion is limited

where did you copy that from, your big book of meaningless shit?

>>I can almost Guarantee that any movie that is on your top favs, the people who made it would argue with you.

I bet OP loved the new star wars. You dontk ow anything about good sci-fi. You probably like the comic bool movies thinking their the best. Do your homework and go to bed early because you have school tomorrow.
Now fuck off my Sup Forums

something your mom told me to tell you, son.

The Blade Runner special/practical effects are hard to match in the genre.

>their the best

thread's attracting all the illiterates isn't it

imgur.com/a/mv8qf#141

I think you just dont understand that this movie paved the way for movies like Gotg

ITT>> newfags are fucktards for CGI

same here.
I liked 2001 though.

>t this movie paved the way

>hard to match in the genre

>in CONTEXT

when you need to qualify praise like this, that kinda negates it. none of these posts actually says "it's a good film", they just say it was good for the time and better movies were made after it.

lets just say
Movie Magic is not a thing anymore.

damn, miniatures are so based. remember the white house in the first independence movie? shit was cash, wish they would still use them sometimes

The move came outbefore star wars did. At the time space special effect and stories wernt really that good. Then this came out and changed everything. So what if you dont like it. It just show you that you probably have shitty taste in movies

>everyone ITT

Is that all you got? You sad sad man

I got this too

1982 was a great summer for movies. In addition to Blade Runner there were:
E.T.
Poltergeist,
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
The Thing, TRON
The Road Warrior
Conan the Barbarian
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

building blocks

At the end of the day if you dont like a film then you dont like it. But you cant deny what it did for cinema. It was influential whether you like it or not

Kickstarted cyberpunk. Shut up pleb.

>cyberpunk
>kiddies gluing clock springs onto their macbooks and pretending their phones are steam powered

Thats steampunk pleb.

Fine, but don't come crying to me when you're jackin it in San Diego and need help.

w/e, still childish shit

>>Kickstarted cyberpunk.

Along with Neuromancer.

great art is great no matter wheter it is thousand or hundred t´housand years old...then again i don't count movies as art.

>cyberpunk
>childish

True.

The full uncut version without the narration is incredible.

E.T. sucked.
Poltergeist is still pretty good.
Wrath of Kahn is superb.
The Thing is top 10.
TRON is alright.
Road Warrior is overrated.
Conan is not good. Have you actually seen it since the 80s?
Fast Times... ugh. Whatever.

I think it's pretty shit too user

I fully endorse the views expressed in this post

I can smell your fedora

apparently while still writing neuromancer gibson went to see blade runner. he literally ran out of the theatre crying, so butt devastated that someone had such a similar vision of the future, he was afraid of being accused of copying. lol what a cuck. hes still cool as fug though

Hats are for faggots... unless it's part of a uniform.

The narration in it is cringy as fuck

There will be another fast and the furious movie to watch soon, don't worry.

A uniform l-like this, user?

Hey. I was 19 that summer and spent a lot of time in the theaters. My opinions of E.T. and Fast Times have faded over time but I still love the others.

that's the movie version (wich the director hate) the final cut cutted out (get it ?) this shit and the cringy happy ending in the wood

the theater version obviously

>hes still cool as fug though

That he is.

>my roommate is a massive fanboy
>his taste in movies, or anything ranges from absolute shit to god tier
>my dad has a more consistent taste
>hated it
I guess I won't even bother until I get bored enough.

That's okay user. Everyone gives me shit for liking Beetlejuice (which I watched in the theater when I was 12), so I get it.

Well it's the one I have on VHS. Was given to me as a gift. Watched it once.

Mad Max II was overrated, but it was still enjoyable to watch, especially since it's just a dumb action movie.

>The narration in it is cringy as fuck

Agreed. Harrison Ford barely phoned it in. A better read by Ford would have gone along way towards making the narration more tolerable.

Don't get me wrong, OP is a degenerate scumbag but I was disappointed with Bladerunner.
Loved the movie but nowhere near the hype. Like the opposite of Dune for me as far as expectation fulfillment goes

>Dune
That has to be one of the messiest movies that I really like. It's almost shameful.

GREAT COMEBACK

There's a fanedit of Dune (Dune (1984) Alternative Edition Redux) that actually turns it into a much more watchable film. Gets rid of the stupid rain scene at the end of the movie.

thanks for posting this man
even though this is a shit thread

>Gets rid of the stupid rain scene at the end of the movie.

Yeah and good luck getting anyone to see it for the first time. I thought it would be terrible which is why I loved it I think. Same with like Buckaroo Banzai, although that one wasn't that great. Maybe I just have shit tastes.

>Buckaroo Banzai
You've gone too far user. I can't follow you there.

Like tears in the rain. Time to die

꒰•‧̫•ू꒱

Oops... was thinking of Blade Runner.

My troll defenses are on overdrive.

MODS

Proof of ADHD. Just enjoy watching Vines because 30 seconds of entertainment is all you can fucking handle.

Its a rainy night. You decided to not stay at the university for thanksgiving and aurprise everyone. You get off the bus a mile from your house. Its cold and your wet and hungry from the long trip. You see the lights are on and warmth overtakes you knowing that your familys hearth is going to nurture you in a few moments. You open the door and your mom is spread out on the living room foor, naked, rubbing her vagina and moaning. A nigger is standing beside her masturbating on her face. Wat do?
>yfw

THE INSTITUTE TREATS SYNTHS LIKE TOOLS, TOSSED AWAY WITHOUT A THOUGHT

>they're just questions designed to provoke an emotional response