How many of you are in bands or aspire to be in one?

How many of you are in bands or aspire to be in one?

I know I'm not good enough or creative enough to be in a band, but I still practice just to satisfy myself.

Id rather go solo

>pretty skilled producer
>know music theory, but can't play any instruments
>want to be in a band

I'm in two. I don't recommend it but am too deeply involved in the scene here to get out. I just wanna make bedroom solo synth and beats. :'(

I'm in a band but I will leave after our next and only gig so far. Bunch of plebs.

You're in Brian eno's exact position

be a music composer and just use stuff like FL studio

Eno played the synths/keyboard.

Used to be in one but we weren't very good and keeping up with regular rehearsals/gigs was hard work.

Was good fun though. Nothing gets adrenaline flowing like playing some shitty nightclub to a packed and wasted audience.

i am. drummer. first gig on sunday :)

You really don't have to be that good, just play your part in rhythm

>be in band playing bass
>stop hearing about band practices
>eventually call them up and find out when the next practice is
>when I get there, I'm asked, "How come you haven't been coming to practice?"
>decide to make my own band
>12 person ska band
>Only 3 (including myself) ever go to practice
>Try asking more people if they're interested
>Everyone says no
>Fast forward to now
>Everyone who wants people for their band plays shitty indie music
>Nobody will play anything else

Life is agony.

>horrible at producing
>pretty decent at most instruments
Be in my band.

My one and only gig was at a birthday party. (The guitarist's birthday party)

I wanna be in a band for the social experiences though.

>tfw no Sunday gigs

>tfw in a stoner/sludge metal band
>just me and my friend dicking around (i play drums and he plays guitar) but it sounds bretty good
>all we do is get baked off our asses and make 40-minute-long songs

life is good, Sup Forums

>having friends
REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Truly living the life

I've only ever been in a high school jam band. I can play bass, know a bunch about theory and production but I just don't have the time or social skills to find bandmates.

This sounds patrician as fuck, post your shit

I want to learn how to play the guitar so I can make a shoegaze band.

>in high school fun band just playing shitty blink-182 covers
>one kid decides to print and sell 100 tshirts
>never played any gigs

>in college
>starting a sort of "band" playing shitty bob Dylan covers
>after learning exactly 2 songs one guy calls up a list of bars/gigs to try to play at

Wtf why can't you just play music to have fun and not try to "make it" or be more serious than it is?

Tshirt guy may have just been scamming everyone out of money though

I was in a punk band at high school we had a concert at a completion once, went good. Then I was in a cover band for a while, but it sucked so it didn't wasted. I also played saxophone with some ska fellas once or twice. Sometimes I visit bars that hold jam sessions, but I always end up being thrown out, which is alright with me.
I play tape recorders, mixers, sheets of metal, guitar and I know how to blow a tone in a saxophone, not a nice, clear one, but a tone none the less. I've been moving an experimental project for the last year and a half, maybe two and it's alright for me,

but, man, do I long for doing some free form music with other people, something outside my comfort zone of bedroom noise.

cheers to everyone holding it up!

Someone please just join my band already!

>why can't you just play music to have fun and not try to "make it" or be more serious than it is?

yeah that's a big issue for me, even regarding my solo work. It's really hard to keep it right in that regard, even more so when/if you start putting up shows I guess. I didn't had that issue with the punks, since we were busy not being adequate, but even the half assed bassist in the shitty cover band I was in was eager to play shows and (i'm not kidding here) once he even brought a photographer friend of his on one of our rehearsals so he can take picture.
At the bars I go to sometimes it's even more devastating. Everyone tries so hard to look in someway it's absurd. That's why I'm alright with ruining their fun with drunken spoken word gags. That's why I'm alright when they ask me to leave. It feels like I made them uncomfortable and if that can lead to any honesty it's worth it.

Do you play Baroque Ska?

Stand behind a laptop while the band performs XD

tfw i just pushed play and danced in my livegig

there must be more to being musiciian

>one kid decides to print and sell 100 tshirts
>never played any gigs

that's hilarious. I was in a band for a good year or so and we never even considered merch. having fun and sending demos out to labels was our priority

Yeah, it's called picking up an instrument.

>wants to play ska
>shitty indie music

Top kek

Are you saying that indie is in any way better than ska?

I wanted to, I was in guitar lessons for years, and piano lessons for a short time. I wanted to make music, start a band etc, no one wanted to do it and I lost interest.

Found myself singing/songwriting for a band. keys/bass/drummer are amazing and are great to work with, but I'm pretty sure the guitarist primarily listens just to landfill indie and all his playing is super cliche and uninteresting, and I can't play my guitar parts while singing.
What do?

Learn to play the guitar parts while singing.

As singer/songwriter it's your band, put your foot down and tell him you want your compositions played.

weedbong420.bandcamp.com

we just put out a new album a few days ago

I know I should be hardline about managing a band like this and stuff, but all these guys are my friends.
Also when someone literally only has a musical vocabulary of guitar cliche, its pretty hard to get someone into more complicated noisy dissonant punk shit like I'm trying to do.

have you seen Deftones live?

mfw almost started an English anime cover band.

Learn to play an instrument, then. It's not that hard, and if you know music theory then you're in a way better starting position.

That's life, man. I'm happy for you.

Anyone /newjersey/ here?

>100 shirts
>never played any gigs

Le holy kek, sir

I play rythm guitar and I'm one of the two vocalists in a pop-punk band that's influenced by emo

>not very patrician desu

should have kept with it.

I wish I had this

My piano teacher was apparently one of the best in the state. Should have stuck with it but I was I had lost the interest because the lessons were so serious. I had a fun guitar teacher that'd teach me a lot but he ended up dying of a heart attack outside of his studio.

Maybe not anime, but I actually wish there were people who went around covering Japanese music or other foreign language music in English and did it well or added something to it. There's a lot of good music out there that a bunch of people don't know about, or cant get into because of a language barrier.