Can we have a talk about how shitty the Hobbit movies where compared to the LOTR movies?

Can we have a talk about how shitty the Hobbit movies where compared to the LOTR movies?

>Hobbit movies

Takes a relatively short children's story and makes 3 movies from it...what did you expect?

I expected something similar to the previous series, not this over-animated CGI bullshit

This, 1 hobbit and 5 LOTR movies would have been better.

The Hobbit Trilogy should have been two 2-hour films or one 4-hour film with an intermission.
I don't mind the first 2, the 3rd wasn't good at all.

the hobbit was made for the authors children. before he went to a 2ed world war

Loved the LOTR book and movies. Some changes were made and entire portions not included (Arwen's role, Bombadil, barrow downs, the Shire ending, etc.).

I was super excited when I heard they were doing The Hobbit.

I lost interest when they said it would be two films in the ~3 hour range. Still figured I would go see it.

I stopped caring completely when I found out it would be three films with emo dwarves and a bunch of shit that never happened anywhere.

Years later the first film was on so I watched it. Had a few good things going for it, but was long boring and infuriating.

They took a comedic fantasy story for young adults and tried to turn into a serious full on LOTR copy.

Never saw the other two.

I like the movies :)

This

I think desolation of Smaug wasn't too bad

CGI was a mistake

some neckbeard with video editing skills and endless free time might be able to make this work.

5 LOTR movies
are you fucking mad?

Shh my son.. this would the the only way

considering how far they stretched the content of the hobbit, a book 20x shorter then the LOTR series, its not that insane. im sure theres tons of cool shit in the books they left out.

in the hobbit the battle of five armies was one chapter and they made a nearly 4 hour movie out of it (extended version)

i just rewatched the Hobbit trilogy

i hate comparing them.
look at the Moria bridge scene in FotR, and compare it to whatever the fuck happened with the goblins in unexpected journey.
everything is cgi, no idea whats going on, nobody cares about anything.
it's like george lucas directed them

>whatever the fuck happened with the goblins in unexpected journey

The battles were terrible. All the dwarves were just swinging shit around in a ridiculous manner that erased any tension.

Also didn't help that they tried to make the plot of finding treasure as serious as destroying the one ring.

I never cared for the characters and most of the scenes didn't look great.

good thing about the hobbit is if you ever want to watch all the LOTR in chronological order, the hobbit is deffinately less tense and takes itself less serious then LOTR, which is exactly how the books are. so its a nice kind of upbeat prelude before shit starts getting really dark in LOTR

I Agree the story was badly presented, Some scenes looked great tough

"it can only get better from here"

another scene to compare is the fight at the end of Fellowship with the UrukHai. where aragorn is slugging it out with lurtz

compare that to the dwarves escaping and having to fight off orcs in barrels - about 5 minutes of a cgi fat man bouncing off people in slow-motion

the Hobbit was written for kids not like LOTR what do you expect