Seriously now

How can other guitarists even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJvG1i79CPc
youtube.com/watch?v=61k041I4aEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lights, please

By having better phrasing and dynamic energy.

Uhmmm you might wanna try again there sweetie

by hiring adrian belew and having most people think it's you doing all the crazy cool shit

>Squire
topkek

nice meme

buddy you cant act like fripp's guitar work on discipline isnt also fantastic

but can he play a solo which doesn't sound like a bee attack

Did you take this photo? Do you have the permission to own a picture of Robert Fripp on your computer?

Didnt he join the band like, 8 years after RED came out?

>Sir, we can't afford/get in touch with Robert Fripp
>It's not problem

if those are 3 AXE FX in that rack behind him then no one can compete

By being Guthrie Govan

he's a great virtuoso but a forgettable composer/musician
a couple of fripp's notes on classic albums is greater than guthrie's whole body of work

Belew and Levin were crucial parts of the later KC sound but it's still nothing without Fripp

>Squire
that boy is a walking meme

>but a forgettable composer/musician

No shit, that's why he's mainly a guitar teacher and hired gun

Fripp is just as forgettable, let's be honest.

I'm a King Crimson fan and what not, and I don't understand the hype about him. Great player technically, obviously knows a loy about music, but he lacks a certain punch, a certain human quality to his playing that would truly make him distinct.

>but he lacks a certain punch, a certain human quality to his playing that would truly make him distinct.
All I'm going to say is - Heroes, I'll Come Running, Starless.

Not to mention Frippertronics, which sound like the birth of planets. No certain punch...

music isnt a competition

this guy beat me up once he was drunk as fuck and very angry for no reason and i asked him if he was alright and he just started to hit me and scream in my face

>human quality
>typical englishman
kek

bee attack?? did someone say bee attack?

youtube.com/watch?v=mJvG1i79CPc

What? Would you call satch a soulless wanker too? Guthrie may not be the arranger that fripp is, but his ear for melody is top fucking notch.

Not the guy you're talking to but I'd put Satch with Buckethead, Steve Vai, and Paul Gilbert in the "technical virtuoso with no soul" category.

I was listening to a live version of LTIA part 1 and holy shit how can one man alternate pick so fast. Lots of shredders can hide behind distortion but Fripp did it mostly clean, totally nuts dude.

>"technical virtuoso with no soul"

You're trippin bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=61k041I4aEo

we can't

See the problem is that for every Interworld and Soothsayer there are literally hundreds of "watch me play this scale at 200 bpm" tracks in Buckethead's discography. To the point that I don't believe the "soul" in his slower and more emotive songs.

That's a retarded conclusion famm. Buckethead comes just as much from the Eddie Hazel and William Ackerman school of guitar as he does from the Paul Gilbert style. He's just all over the place and releases way too many tracks, doesn't take away from his innate abilities as a musician.

He really reminds me of a more accomplished Eddie Hazel, there's a reason he collaborated with so many of the P-Funk guys early on in his career.

>Would you call satch a soulless wanker too?
why would I? Satriani and Govan are like the opposites, why would you bring up his name in the first place
>but his ear for melody is top fucking notch.
strongly disagree

It just gets annoying to hear the same progression in so many of his solos. He has this one specific pattern that shows up almost every single time he plays a fast solo that really makes it feel like he's approaching music in a paint-by-numbers kind of way.

Don't get me wrong. Colma, Population Override, Electric Tears, his work with Praxis and Axiom Funk, great stuff. But keep an ear open on his faster stuff and it all starts to sound really samey really fast. Turns me off.