youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends on the show

Usually yeah, but I wear decent ones unlike the trash in your pic

But those are carrots

Yup. Cover every orfice and then some.

lmao good one op
those are baby carrots

i don't go to shows because live music is inferior.

this

>not wearing glow in the dark ear plugger doo's

Live music from your basement is inferior to studio music from your basement. Live music from the concert is superior to studio music from the basement.

Sometimes. Depends on the band's genre, how close I am (if general admission, I'm in the front row because I'm short as fuck), how much I like the band. Sometimes I just forget to buy/bring some.

Those ear plugs are fuckin nasty tho. Get wax ear plugs.

No

Listening to sound above 94dBSPL for an hour will damage your hearing permanently.
Concerts can be up to 120dB throughout.
If you don't wear protection you're going to be deaf as fuck when you're older.

I saw The Body and if I hadn't had earplugs I'd be deaf right now

no way they're hotdogs

not usually. i got high quality earplugs for Swans but when i tried them it just didn't sound right so i took them out. my ears were fine no ringing or anything

this

im trying to get in the habit of at least bringing them for every show. i wore them when i saw swans, if i hadnt have i would have been deaf.

saw danny brown and car seat head rest and didnt bring them for either. i should have though, those were louder than i expected.

itt pussies

I haven't for the last 4 years, however after seeing a drone metal house show last year I've had slight tinnitus, got myself a pair of good musician earplugs soon after

are you in AZ?

Teach me your outer hair cell workout regime.
I want tough cochlear like you.

what are a good brand of earplugs to buy?

yeah, a couple years back i saw a noise house show and this one guitar improv guy fucked up my hearing for a solid month. i've been really anal retentive about my hearing ever since.

based tinnitusbro

It's always the house shows I've been to that have been the loudest, seen Swans and Boris and Dinosaur Jr but it was the smaller local ones that really fucked up my hearing

Rec me some good earplugs that don't fuck with sound quality.

Wore my etymotics for the first time at a hardcore show. I recommend it, vocals were actually easier to hear, but backup vocals sometimes seemed kind of awkward because they are typically quieter and the instruments were quieter

saw the voidz in the front row, next to the speakers. my ears rung for the rest of the week

When I was young I used to feel so cool for the next 2 days or so as my ears rung, realized how fucked it is now though

yeah, I got custom made ones, I use them with 9dB filters
most loud shows actually sound way better with them, everything is much clearer when the ears aren't pushed way too hard and kinda 'distort'

Same, in retrospect wtf was I thinking

do you wear a blindfold at the movies?

not the same thing, edgelord

if the movies were usually displayed with the brightness of 3 suns then yes, I totally would

Who would I go see? Music today sucks dick

False analogy, a more accurate one would be do astronomers wear eye protection looking into the sun

If my ears are fine after seeing Swans, Boris, Mono, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr., and stuff like that without earplugs, does that just mean I'm already hard of hearing?

LÖL

go to bed paul

Idk do you have permanent tinnitus yet?

If i was staring into the projector I would.
LE WRONG GENERATION

I've had tinnitus since like middle school

i know. it is stupid that people still go to shows. everything has already been done. i am perfectly fine sitting at home, and watching live youtube videos, with a fine glass of cognac

can't do lives/raves anymore even with ear plugs hearing damage and tinnitus

fucks me over for at least a day I aint risking anymore damage since shits going to get worse when I'm older

This. Get yourself some decent concert earplugs, like pic related or something comparable. Ones like OP posted will ruin concerts for you.

itt people who want to Hear
How do you distinguish the ringing of your telephone from the ringing in your ears

le right generation

I recommend these to everyone, plus the ends are clear so they are harder to see, especially in dark light

>dark light

>tfw I thought that nice music can help me sleep, but then realised earplugs is all I need

Depends who and where

Last I saw Death Grips, I forgot them and fucked my hearing for three days. That combined with a hundred other concerts before it and shooting without ear protection has given me tinnitus.

Hearing loss is cumulative, you definitely don't want to be like me. Wear plugs.

i saw them live too and it really was ridiculous

>my telephone
>ringing

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEee

>continuous 10kHz sine wave ringtone
I might actually do that, that sounds fun

mine is more of a low ssssssssssssssssssssss than an eeeeeeeeeeeeee, not too bad really, only noticeable when I'm trying to get to sleep or just woken up

Is it tinnitus if I can only hear ringing when there's no other sound?

that's pretty much the definition of tinnitus, yes

yes

welcome to the club senpai

but It's been like this for as long as I can remember

sorry mate, having tinnitus sucks

what do you recommend?

who can rec a decent pair? I've definitely damaged my hearing but gotta save what I still have. Loudest shows I've been to were a raein/loma prieta house show, godspeed you black emperor and deafheaven

actually i wear earplugs at the movies, they are way too damn loud

I bring them to shows, and wear them if I have to. I have these 30db noise cancelling ones. It's great when commuting on a bus and trying to catch some Zs. Though I also wear them during rehearsal.

i don't even bother spending money at the cinema becuase of this reason.

I use these.

howardleight.com/earplugs/airsoft

If you haven't already, go to the ear doctor and get your ears cleaned out. May or may not be what's causing it, but it's worth a try.

Going to my first concert a little nervous but pumped it's Volbeat, a7x, and Metallica. Me and my buds bought general admission and I'm nervous after my cousin told me he ruined his hearing at a concert. Is Metallica loud as fuck these days and should I wear ear plugs?

thank you for reply. I will investigate

Probably should, but if it's your first concert there's not much to worry about really, hearing damage accumulates over time

At my tinnitus bros: it can also be caused by high blood pressure. Mine has gotten a lot less bad since I got my BP down.
Yes, you can have high BP if you're not fat.

absolutely obligatory for metal shows if you actually want to hear anything

but user i got tinnitus on my first real concert
wear earplug, always.

>tfw perfect hearing until friends took me to rave
>now I need subtitles to watch movies on my tv

So how's living in le wrong generation going, lazy dumbass?

I don't know where to get ones, but i want to wear 'em at shows and rehearsals

>do you wear earplugs at shows?
>do you use hand sanitizer at shows
>do you wear sun screen at shows?
>do you wear a fanny pack at shows
>do you drink bottled water at shows?
>do you bring a blanket at shows?

what
and you're not allowed to bring bottled liquids to shows

you can buy bottled liquids, unless it's literally Hitler running the show

How am I lazy? Music is for listening, not watching.

>do you wear sun screen at shows?
>he doesn't wear sun screen
nvr gonna make it

Not him, but man. Go out to your local open mic night. You'll have a good time.

I don't want to see a bunch of bearded dudes and boyish looking girls playing acoustic guitars, dulcimers, and laptops.

Should I wear earplugs when I see Deafheaven next month?

Why don't they just make concerts quieter?

yes

yeah

If its a smaller venue, yes

If its an outdoor show or a stadium, no.

I hear ringing when the house is quiet.

Do I have tinnitus or is that normal.

nigga that's your phone

t. david yow

these for the price are based as fuck. highly recommend they cost 20 bucks and can save your hearing for life

>go to loud show
>bring earplugs
>band hits loudest point
>take earplugs out to get full effect

Every time.

youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI

You're letting your preconceptions keep you from enjoying life. Whatever floats your boat, man.

Gimme the delegates

wtf i dont want to look like some dam robot