Using TOR:

Using TOR:

Is it/has it ever been safe/secure to use?

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

whoishostingthis.com/blog/2014/11/17/who-funded-tor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sure!

when the first tor developer put up the first Tor server it was pretty secure.

>Is it/has it ever been safe/secure to use?
Tor has been an honeypot since the beginning. Using Tor is begging to be disappeared by the US government.

what is TOR?

a norse god

ITT a person who does not understand TOR, how it came about or its operating principles

used for 3 years, nothing happened because i don't live in a this asshole country.

to be fair you did answer the question.

It really only serves as an "annoyance" to a power such as the NSA. Depending on what you are doing, you can still be monitored.

A star wars mmo.

>Is it/has it ever been safe/secure to use?
Yes, it is/has been.

But you need to be aware of other requirements that can leak your identity even when using the nodes. For example, always always have Java off; never contact a surface web site while you've got TOR tabs open and always use the latest TOR bundle, including the bundled FF. Always check that you are using TOR correctly.

The guys that got caught were 1) visiting a CP site that FBI had taken over and 2) their browser accepted a piece of script that sent their IPs to a site somewhere.

is tails safe?

wot

the linux distribution known as Tails

If you use a disposable device with zero traceable information and only use public wifi that does not have require any login credentials can you be tracked?

Use proxychains

Yes you should always use Tails, far safer than running TOR on Windows and has all the stuff you need built in like NoScript, latest/safest TOR browser, PGP, and has proper memory wiping.

they can track the public network, so if someone is investigating the place they could go after you.

i'm freeing space on hard drive to make a partition, encrypt it and run tails from it.

>shills shilling

Basically a web browser that's intent is to hide what you do online from the government, which is awesome I think.

run it off of a bootable usb thumb drive, shitlord

it is about as safe as a night of
FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS, FIST ASS,

Run it off a USB, and disconnect your SSD/HDD when you use it. You'll need two USB's to make one of them be able to self update.

Which means pretty safe

Been using it cautiously since 2007 back when you had to configure it yourself and it wasn't just an executable. I don't totally trust it especially since the US government has their hands in it.

the US govt has their hands in it? wat

destroyed all of my usb sticks

>is tails safe?
Bsed on the fact that it's essentially TOR+, yes. But the same comments about it not being foolproof against stupidity apply
>Tails or The Amnesic Incognito Live System is a security-focused Debian-based Linux distribution aimed at preserving privacy and anonymity.[5] All its outgoing connections are forced to go through Tor, and non-anonymous connections are blocked. The system is designed to be booted as a live DVD or live USB, and will leave no digital footprint on the machine unless explicitly told to do so. The Tor Project has provided financial support for its development.

It was partly developed by US to allow anonymous communications out of and with elements in repressive regimes.

Doesn't mean they own it, though, or have a back door.

Even if you take all the necessary precautions, you will still never be 100% anonymous.

whoishostingthis.com/blog/2014/11/17/who-funded-tor/

i bet the rookie police with an imported shitty tracker can't reach me with this.
>cheers Sup Forumsros, tnx.

Can anyone tell me whether Assassination Market ever came through and killed anyone?

In fact, has there ever been any confirmed cases of assassinations via dark web?

i too am curious. always saw it on hidden wikis lol