Director's best film thread

Director's best film thread.

>inb4 EWS

Eyes Wide Shut is his best tho.

This, there's some nice breasts in that

that ass is all that matters

Eyes Wide Shut is his best

Though I wouldn't argue with Blow Out. This is my personal fav, though.

By far.

memes aside, what makes you guys say EWS over Barry Lyndon? I think Barry Lyndon looks better, has a better story, and personally I just like the time period. Is it all the hidden symbolism in EWS?

Nah it's Death Proof

I feel like the music in the orgy scene is super haunting. I also feel like the whole movie is much more immersive, you really feel the surreality of the whole situation. When tom cruise is walking along the streets and it has that very old school kind of screen roll along projector background, like how car scenes were in old movies where the windows just have like a screen rolling by. The whole movie just is so unsettling to me and you feel tom cruises unsettlement and all of his other emotions as a result of the masterful direction.

I was shitposting and don't get the appeal of ews either. I'd choose barry lyndon or 2001

They're both flawless, but I connected to Eyes more. It had more things to say about current society than Lyndon, which was more about the time period it was set in. Barry Lyndon almost feels safe to me. Eyes was more daring... it's just now being reappraised by critics.

What a film to go out on, Kubrick.

It's difficult to put into words since most praise for one could be said for the other. Few directors made more 10/10s than him.

That's some shitty taste user

>muh black dingus

this was actually really fucking good

In before LotR plebs.

Braindead is also pretty great.

havent seen it but fellowship is perfect 10/10

ttt 6.5/10
rotk 4/10 the trilogy is overrated as fuck

yea i liked braindead

Good arguments. I guess its just personal taste but I think we can all agree both are in his top three?

It's tied with 2001 for #2 for me.

>A P O L L O 1 1

best shot in the film is where he's kissing the hooker with the two christmas lights in the background

I agree

Anything prior to LOTR is pure kino

Except for heavenly creatures, right? Bad taste, meet the feebles and braindead are all great