How's about a battle station thread, eh?

How's about a battle station thread, eh?

Rating first on quality of layout, appearance, practicality...
The rip the fuck on people for their shitty builds, specs, et al.

I'll even do you a solid and go first.

My build before I had to pull it to pieces when I moved out.

I7 5930k 4.4GHz
32GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
2X R9 290 Tri-X
Asus Rampage V
2X 2TB HDDs
1X 4TB HDD
512GB M.2 SSD
Superflower 1000w PSU

Next and final upgrade for a long time will be when Vega gets released.

no hate

>32GB

OP here, I'll follow up and post specs :p
To be fair, it's a couple of years old, now. Gonna start upgrading soon, I guess.

i7 4790K (4.0GHz)
2xMSI GTX 970
32GB DDR3 2133 (Patriot)
1000W PSU (Corsair)
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Mobo
1x Crucial 512GB SSD
1x Crucial 1TB SSD
1x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD
1x Seagate 2TB HD
SoundBlaster ZxR

23.8" Dell monitor
21" Acer monitor

Also, do you use the mic for anything other than voIP with friends, or is it just because fuck Logitech/Turtle Beach headsets...?

Thinkpad T420
>i7-2620m
>8GB ram
>250GB mSATA SSD and 1TB HDD
>1600x900 screen (but I'm using both of those 1680x1050 dell monitors)

i dont care its a mess that much.

Used to do youtube videos, not any more.
The auido interface is really useful though.

I applaud you for making due with what you've got, but clean up yo work space, boooiiiii. Even if you don't care... well, it's pretty much like taking a shit and not washing your hands. You don't care, but it's nasty :c

les go

meh. none of it is trash besides the breadstick box, just parts of other laptops, packing material and bills. I dont have any drawers nor know where i can get cheap ones online.

Fair enough. I assume it's XLR... So what're you using between the mic and your machine?

Either you're renaming your images, or your a faggot. Well, based on the OCD in that pic, you're a faggot regardless.

You might also just have good taste, tho

XLR yeah. Mic is a Rode procaster, and the audio interface is a Beringer 302USB. Cheap but a very good little interface.

Sorry I never even saw your post!

Besides the gross bezel on the RH monitor, it's really tasteful. Specs, yo?

Get that pc up off the fucking floor!

I loled hard

Looking at getting a new desk this month, so I'll probably hoist it up to higher grounds then. It's a pitty to leave it on the floor... carpet, at that.

Well at least you are aware and working on fixing it. Other than that much approve, like the clean simple look

Gotta aspire to be less of a shit lord each day, amirite?

Props for retro/nostalgic, but that mouse... holy shit that mouse. Too far out of the design language! Still, I'd tap that.

which mouse?

I guess you've never used Adobe After Effects before?

The wood looking one on the RH desk... Looks like it's what's plugged into the PS2 adapter.

Not the poster you're referencing (obv), but I think he's never done anything more intensive than minecraft.

it is...I only use it because the Amiga branded one didn't work right with my A4000 so had to swap it with my PC mouse.

Here's my side profile, since it reveals I am still struggling with the lack of desk space

And the final view... Not gonna waste too much time on cable mgmt until the new furniture arrives.

What do y'all do though to keep the cables going opposite directions neat? Despite my past as a network admin, most of the setups I did just used cable tubes to make it pretend-clean...

Check out Alera Valencia desks. It's what I have (72" version) and it's very very spacious. Has room for two 27" monitors and my PC to sit in parallel direction with the monitors and I was astounded at the quality of it for the price.

Looking to upgrade this, any tips where to start? (Had a friend set it up for me a year ago for cheap)

-1 TB HDD
-1X Asus NVIDIA GTX 750 TI
-GIGABYTE B85M-DS3H
-Edge Systems 500W power supply
-i7 4970k processor
-2x Kingston 8GB DDR3

goddamn stock cooler on a i5-2500k

Everything on that looks super solid for now. My first suggestion would be an SSD, second would be upgrade the GPU to a 1050ti if you wanna stick with 1080p gaming.

Velcro cable ties, they work wonders

Obviously not a tech, real men mange their cables well enough so that anything can be un and replugged into any hole as quickly as possible.

HDD is good for space, but if you want speed, definitely make the jump to SSD. You don't necessarily need an M.2, but there's a huge gain just from booting of the SSD. Keep that HD for regular/media storage.

You're graphics is fine for light gaming. I assume you're WOWing and LOLing, based on the position of your monitor.

Processor is fine, RAM is okay, PSU will last until you upgrade some more.

JUST PLEASE MANAGE YOUR CABLES A LITTLE ;n; You make me a saaad panda with those all over the place...

I had one lying around, just moved so I lost the rest in the boxes... do you have cable holders on the walls/sides of your desk to keep them from hanging (even if tied together)?

Cable management is a meme

That's my goal. There's a balance I want to acheive between visually appealing, and utilitarian. Despite the pic I posted of just the network cable being tied, there are no tangles.

I'm starting to think of using a combo of velcro for like cables and service loops, and then using plastic/rubber clips (like on the back of a hat to tighten it) for the groups of cables.

How am I supposed to network and reconfigure my in room switch with all that cable management bullshit about hanging wires from a direct TV commercial. Wireless technology is inherently slower than wired, and should die in a fire.

Or I'm a tech who manages my shit well enough that I never need to unplug anything besides occasional USB devices.

Nah, I just roll them up behind my desk so they are at least organized, never had a use for hooks or anything to hang them on. Velcro ties are like 5 bucks for a thing of 50 on amazon tho

What if you need to troubleshoot another PC? Swap all or one peripheral device? Or swap a hard drive quickly?

Ahh kk yeah i dont plan on buying any 4k res screens in a while so ill go for that, thanks

>mfw this faggot is actually trying to police Sup Forums

>real men
>pc nerds

lol.

I use my laptop or my travel PC. I never change things on my main desktop. I don't need to change peripherals on it that often, and why would I need to swap hard drives quickly? You don't know my life.

checked

Wireless is garbo for gaming, yeah. That's why I said to tidy them up, not 86 'em, silly!

Eh, at home I can understand your putting them in one group. In a production environment, I like to do subgroups with a tie to keep them in the general vicinity of each other. Or, as I mentioned, just cable-tube the hell out of them.

Out of sight, out of mind, in a way.

Second. Gotta have a work station, and a battle station. And never the two shall meet.

I'm a real man and a pc nerd, not mutually exclusive, I've taken apart at least 20 old broken hard drives for the magnets, because I was bored. At least a dozen power supplies, floppy drives, cd drives, run motherboards outside their cases, like there is nothing wrong with it, because there isn't while troubleshooting. I have also dipped a running motherboard into water just to see what would happen, of course it was a trash single core celeron back when people would just throw them away, but damn.

Shit's cache

see:
My name is Dolan Trump and I approve this massage.

Also, I finally ran out of pictures... should transfer all my shit off the laptop for situations like these.

Yeah definetely gonna want to pick up a SSD, and ill try to be as neat as possible haha thank you

>I'm a real man and a pc nerd

naw. Those do not go together. Now if you are a pc nerd who is also a hunter/fisherman who has a son and kills, guts, cleans and cooks his own meat then you can call yourself a man and a pc nerd.

lol Vape Fag

They're only in one group right at the top so they stay clean looking where it's visible. Behind the desk they are all grouped off with like 20 different cable ties.

The definition of a real man is subjective and will change with time, of course I could go out and do those things, but it would change my life as a real man and pc nerd.

I'm pretty sure a real man means being able to provide for those you're responsible for and if you don't have any dependents, it means being able to bang hot chicks, let's be real.

Believe it or not you can be a PC nerd and a man. PC's are just another hobby like anything else.

hi

>I'm pretty sure a real man means being able to provide for those you're responsible for

Exactly. If you have no idea how to provide for a family outside of working 9-5 then you are not a man. Real men work in trades and if the world ever goes to shit they know what needs to be done. Fixing your PC won't be worth shit and obviously you can be both. I have a collection of 100's games, I work with my hands and my wife's son will know how to take a deer from the forest to the freezer before he is 16. A real man would already know how to do these things.

why you reference me?

not that i don't agree with you

i don't have a family but i have been with my girlfriend for 7 years and i been a cook for about the same length of time.

she is currently going to school for nursing and hope to build a stable family in the near future.

>>leredditresponse

Just because you were talking about the subject, wasn't attacking you or anything.
That's awesome though, everyone deserves someone to make them happy and I hope things work out for you two!

my mistake my post was highlighted i though you were mentioning me

>junkfood
>messy desk
>laptop

Why do you still bother going on with your life?

also Thanks bud

poor fag here, go easy on me

I think it looks cozy, and now I wanna go get me some tacobell

>he doesn't like eating shitty food.

Spotted a vagina or gay. Not ever him but why do you? Do you only eat salads and dick like a true faggot?

yeah got it from one my long time friends for 15 bucks

i stopped smoking

its been about a month so far since I've had a cigarette,plan on lowering nicotine content till i get off the vape as well

A bit of dick, but mostly organic shit I make myself. Why waste money on trash junkfood when you can prep something thats better in both taste and nutrition?

>OCD
He might have good color coordination and symmetry, but the wires are absolute shit. That's not OCD, user

I might be retarded but why does your screen look like its hanging off the desk?

Because it doesn't matter, we're all gonna die anyway.

fuck you too bruv

Sometimes you just gotta jam. Pretty much everyone likes expensive food and food that takes hours to prep. I ate $100 worth of sushi yesterday but that doesn't mean I wouldn't destroy a double quarter pounder today.

dude!
i been trying to work on that for ages

but living with my family makes it extra hard

>>spic

I'm a wizard

As the Faggotest OP here, I would like to point out that the junk food was ORGANIZED, for fucks sake. Even if he ate pussy for dessert, who tidies up KFC?

UHHHHhhh

That guy
Right there

u just got served homie

maybe he didn't finish it.... maybe it had to leave his area for gaming in the meantime and he will finish it after a couple matches lol I don't fucking know. Still, the real question is why the fuck didn't he get popeyes.

ßß▲
▲ß▲

I'll admit, the wires aren't true OCD, but they also aren't a mess tbh fam.

Not yours, fadget.

>why the fuck didn't he get popeyes.

It's another 5 minutes down the road and slow as fuck

>who tidies up KFC?
I closed the lid when I was done, if thats tidying in your world, your even worse off then me

Actually, skimping on a wide and curved single display drops your score from an A to a B-!

Anyone got a 34'' Curved here? Im thinking of gettung Asus' one, but the pricetag is keeping me from it
Is it worth it?

You pushed them flush to the wall, stacked the burger boxes, and the only things that are actually unkempt are quarantined to the side table. On the bright side, if you're not a queermo, then you're at least not a neendertall.

Also, back to being out of furry images :c

Put it this way, if you already dropped 1k or more on a gaming PC, why not save for the best monitor? I mean, maybe not THE best but a bad ass one without having those fucking gaps in between the picture. I'm a console fag but when I go master race, I'm going all out.

huh, I'd consider tidying up to be actually throwing out the boxes

But I guess in a sense your right, they are spookily neat

>5 minutes down the road and slow as fuck

Worth it. Every time.

delta minis are good m8

It's always full of malaysians for some reason though...

I use AE all the time, never had a problem with the 8gb ddr3 I use.

Intel cpu.... radeon gpu? dafuq is this stupidity

Because the best or near best monitor is going to cost more than your $1k system. While a $300 2k monitor with 75 hz refresh rate is beyond sufficient.

where i spend most of my days

Does as snorkel suffice or do you have to go full scuba for all that pussy you must be drowning in?

Is this all you or your work? That snap on is incredible. wow. I have that exact same battery box in my boat.

i wasnt even paying attention to this thread until op started posting some quality gay yiff thanks bruv

how much did that snap on set you back?

I have that right monitor. Awful. It is 10 years old though

Monster. monster everywhere