Any synth nerds here? I just bought a Moog Mother 32 without a ton of thought...

Any synth nerds here? I just bought a Moog Mother 32 without a ton of thought. I played with one in a store for a bit and watched some youtube vids, then I got a bit of a deal on one on ebay this morning.

I'm hoping to play some rhythm sounds from it so I can solo over it on guitar. Probably some basic drum backing tracks via ableton.

Anyone got any tips on not getting bogged down in the details and just make music on these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lDC4X8Dgxr4
soundcloud.com/tonyendz/sriracha
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Find a particular sound and stick with it for a track, rather than fiddling for hours.

Should have bought a 0-coast.
I don't touch my 32 often but when I do I ensure to run it through something that'll get some Doppler happening. Any shit reverb pedal will do though. Beyond that, learning the basic sequencer operations, and combining those with ratchets and variable gate lengths will take you miles.

I bought this sucker a few weeks ago and am still pretty clueless with it. I can't get it to talk to Ableton either. The onboard speaker is shit but it blew my mind when I plugged my headphones in. It sounds really nice.

I thought about it, but that o-coast isn't nearly as pretty and I am a massive brand whore.

Should have bought a 0-coast.

I don't have one, but I was talking to someone that had ableton problems seeing USB stuff, guy at the store said fuck the USB inputs, get a real midi interface. ::shrug:: I haven't had that problem yet.

I am kinda tempted to get a Juno keyboard, I think I can spare 600$ for one. I haven't taken a piano lesson in like 18 years tho. And I am rapidly running out of room in my gadget corner.

so fucking expensive man.

I want a Waldorf Pulse 2. the thing just looks perfect for me.

after I get that, which is my #1 hardware synth to get I would get more waldorf stuff probably. actually I'd probably get an Elektron Heat and Analog Four. if I could afford it. once I had those I'd get the DSI Tempest.

those would fuck shit up for me, probably my top picks for hardware.

I thought about it, but that o-coast isn't nearly as pretty and I am a massive brand whore.

Also my friend had the whole Roland boutique setup and I spent a weekend playing with it so I was pretty set on it. It's more twice the price too and I spent too much on a keyboard and nice desktop.

It shows up in there and I can see the sound registering in the level meter doodad but I hear nothing. I got a consistent, repeating -woomph woomph woomph- sound out of it tonight but it was barely audible and adjusting the synth's sliders didn't change it at all.

kek this looks like shit man

I have an electribe which is the most fucking worthless thing, its just sitting there. really wish I'd just spent the money on drugs or something

i look forward to the day I can literally spend hundreds/several thousand dollars on synths when i want and actually buy stuff. nowhere near that atm

It was only 450$. I just told my girlfriend I had my eye on another guitar, and then she was relieved that I got this instead.

I have a good condition '77 micromoog. What would be a good complementary synth/sequencer of the same sorta style/age?

Also, how would one do classic sounding tape delay? What would be a good unit to do it on?

I think it looks nice! It's supposed to plug into these other two units but I can't afford them yet. They're a digital remake of the old Roland Juno series. I read a ton of reviews on it and people say it's a great piece of equipment. I just have no idea how to use it.

I'd try to help you sort it out, but I am le tired. sry, maybe next week.

Absolute garbage, I'll take it off your hands if you pay me tree fiddy.

No worries. I'm gonna talk to my friend about it later. Get some sleep buddy.

how do i synth?

do i start with a basic keyboard set up with preset sounds then move up to a real synth?

thanks guys

i want to make music like this
youtube.com/watch?v=lDC4X8Dgxr4
inb4 vidya

>have a near mint J3-XP
>never use it, got it for 20 bucks
What should I do with it?

If you're anywhere near chicago I'll give you 300.

I'm in Southern Ontario sadly

but I like it

ribbon controller, nice S&H.... plus it sounds neat through my theremin

>through my theremin
I'm not sure you know how theremins work

I'm planning on getting a Pulse 2 too, about $350 used. Then I'll get the elektron digitakt which is not out but it looks nice to sequence stuff and make beats.

check to see if the battery isn't dead for the patch memory (save something on bank C or D and then turn it off and back on to see if it saved) either way, if it's in pretty good condition, you could sell it for around $400-500 depending on the buyer (local pick up). if you have to ship, you're most likely looking at $400 since shipping will cost the buyer at least $50. if you have the pg-200 as well then that's another $200-300 you can add on to the final price.

get a cheap mono analog synth like a microbrute or a korg monologue. You don't need polyphonic for this type of music. Thren you just play with until you know how it works.

make my music with numerous sources but sometimes use gadgets like these...

soundcloud.com/tonyendz/sriracha

i do a song a day at least...