A reminder this was actually a thing

A reminder this was actually a thing

>green day
who cares

Millions of people bought their music, so evidently someone.

I've seen it.

It's actually pretty cool.

I actually saw it live (had to chaperone younger cousins)

It was bad but honestly better than I expected. I left somewhat entertained.

also American Idiot is a great album

Which version did you see?

The original Broadway cast version was awesome, but once they rotated the cast it got kinda shit. Mostly because the band they were using kept fucking up notes and straight up missing entire sections of songs.

Yes and they are currently making a movie adaptation as well.

The original Broadway cast version was actually pretty good. Sad I couldn't see the full show, but seeing Billie Joe as Saint Jimmie is still a blast.

>seeing Billie Joe as Saint Jimmie is still a blast.
This, and he blew the rest of the cast out of the water too.

Fun fact, the singers from The Living End and Grinspoon (two Aussie bands that compare to Green Day) are playing St Jimmy in the Australian version that starts next week

>Was

Literally still going and about to be made a movie

>St Jimmie
>Jimmie

Daily reminder somebody wore this unironically

I'm still waiting for the stage musical production of Husker Du's Zen Arcade

fucken based, I'd wear that

>mfw I actually enjoy Green Day

>about to be made a movie
i've been hearing this for something like six years now

Must be better than the Queen musical now that was bad but still sold out mostly due to it being Queen

Yeah it took ages, but they just officially got the greenlight last year and the script is done.

HBO are making it and Billie will play St Jimmy

Because American Idiot is dope?

I don't see why Pinkerton is hailed as one of the best albums of all time while green day is shunned

the albums are pretty similar musically

Green Day get shunned because of their image during that era, as well as the wave of teenage girls that become fans of them for a year. This combined with the """"punk"""" community being hipster image obsessed faggots, they were rejected for going mainstream with both Dookie and AI.

In reality, Green Day are a pretty versatile, talented band who are a lot better than they are often given credit for. Even their bad albums were not that bad.

Dookie is good. But 2000s era Green Day suck, American idiot is such a product of its time. The whole people being mad at Bush thing seems so lame now.

I've seen it. I hated it.

So fucking bad.

Literally just black people swinging their arms around like raging autists for an hour and a half.

no coherent story.

American Idiot, the album had nothing to do with Bush or politics though.

American Idiot is an amazing album. This 2000s era is bad meme needs to end. The only thing that really changed is the production

>American Idiot, the album had nothing to do with Bush or politics though.
Are you memeing or do you come from an alternate timeline? Why do people "correct" common knowledge with bullshit that they directly made up in their own head? Are you so desperate for attention that you need to lie on the internet?

>"Summing up his feelings in an interview at the time, [Armstrong] said, "This war that's going on in Iraq [is] basically to build a pipeline and put up a fucking Wal-Mart." Armstrong felt a duty to keep his sons away from violent images, including video games and news coverage of the war in Iraq and the 9/11 attacks. Armstrong noted divisions between America's "television culture" (which he said only cared about cable news) versus the world's view of America, which could be considered as careless warmongers. Dirnt felt similarly, especially so after viewing the 2004 documentary Fahrenheit 9/11. "You don't have to analyze every bit of information in order to know that something's not fucking right, and it's time to make a change." Cool hoped the record would influence young people to vote Bush out, or, as he put it, "make the world a little more sane."He had previously felt that it was not his place to "preach" to kids, but felt there was so much "on the line" in the 2004 election that he must."

>nothing to do with politics or bush
you're just a hipster who wanted to sound smart and contrarian but you unfortunately only achieved the latter.

>The only thing that really changed is the production
Honestly I was looking at the lyrics and their surprisingly alright. Pic related is probably the reason the album sounds like poppy shit though. I seriously hate his sound, and he's all over the 2000's era. He also did

WHEN I WAS
A YOUNG BOY
MUH FATHER

his mix aesthetic is too crisp and overblown.

people keep saying American Idiot was bad yet ignore the real disaster that was pic related

It's because being conservative is popular with edgy kids right now for some reason, so this some republican damage control i guess.

Why is this so? Is it more rebellious to listen your grandparents than your parents?

name one single political line from the album besides the bridge of holiday.

pro-tip: anti-media =/= political