Damn this movie is good. It has such a nice and thrilling athmosphere...

Damn this movie is good. It has such a nice and thrilling athmosphere. Do you know movies with a similar athmosphere and theme like this about mystics, the devil and especially books. I loved all that about these antique books. Tonto man was good too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQhPxLGhkok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frank Langella is a great actor.

Movie had tons of old books.

Pacing was a slow burn.

Whore of Babylon was a QT22/7

Identical twin book binders/makers.

I liked it; solid 8/10.

>Whore of Babylon
Who was she supposed to be? An angel?

What?

The blonde chick that is always following Johnny Depp around is the Whore of Babylon.

You can watch the opening credits at 5x and it still takes forever.

Giving this a bump, because I liked this movie and I'm also interested in similar stuff.

MUMBO

JUMBO

the only bad thing about this movie is johnny depp.

Hes perfect for his role though.

The Indiana Jones movies also had a nice air of mysticism. Haven't found any others that managed to make it not about magics or fairies and make the supernatural stuff feel somewhat grounded in reality, without devolving into a cheap horror or slasher movie.

found this on imdb:
Green Eyes or "the girl" is apparently the same girl whose face is seen on the engraving of a girl riding the beast. Corso calls her his "guardian angel", but her true identity is never revealed in the movie. Viewers have referred to her variously as Satan/Lucifer, a demon, a witch, a gatekeeper/guide from Hell, and the Whore of Babylon. Many believe that she isn't human, but she may have acquired special powers through a pact with the Devil. Early in the movie Balkan gives a lecture on witchcraft. While the camera pans on Green-Eyes Balkan says: "A witch is a person, who though cognoscente of the laws of God, endeavors to act through the medium of a pact with the Devil." In the DVD commentary, however, the director reveals that the girl is, in fact, the devil or a representative of the devil, presumably there to help guide Corso through the nine gates.

The Exorcist if you've never watched it. Rosemary's Baby which is by the same author. The Name of the Rose.

MUMBO
JUMBO
MUMBO
JUMBO
MUMBO
JUMBO
MUMBO
JUMBO

>BASED BALKAN

failed meme :(

I'm sorry to tell you there is nothing else quite like it, an occult-noir mystery with dashes of comedy. One of my favorite films

Saved. I just love this movie. Comfy AF.

imagine trying to save your soul from eternal damnation while she is hot, sweaty, and naked on you pleasuring your penis as no "godly girld" could ever manage.

>save your soul from eternal damnation
But he literally becomes godlike after fucking her.

The book is better.
There, I said it.

I'd love to see more movies about rare book collectors. I don't even need the supernatural angle, just the comfiness.

One of the comfiest movies ever. Brilliant soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQhPxLGhkok

thinking satan would ever share his power in hell with you user...did you learn nothing from lit 106/108?

I enjoy both.

>“Hello, Corso.” Her duffel coat slid to her feet. Her white T-shirt clung to her perfect torso, as supple as a beautiful young animal’s. “What are we doing here?”

>“Waiting.” He gestured at the town, which seemed to be floating in the mist from the river. “For it to become real.”

>She looked, not understanding at first. Then she smiled slowly.

>“Maybe it never will,” she said.

>“Then we’ll stay here. It’s not such a bad place, up here, with the strange, unreal world at our feet.” He turned to the girl. “I’ll give you everything, if you prostrate yourself and adore me. Isn’t that the kind of offer you’re going to make me?”

>The girl’s smile was full of tenderness. She bowed her head, thoughtful, then looked up and held Corso’s gaze.

>“No, I’m poor,” she said.

>“I know.” It was true. Corso didn’t have to read it in the clarity of her eyes. “Your luggage, and the train compartment ... It’s strange. I always thought you all had unlimited wealth, out there, at the end of the rainbow.” His smile was as sharp as the knife he still had in his pocket. “Peter Schlemiel’s bag of gold.”

>“Well, you’re wrong.” Now she was pursing her lips obstinately. “I’m all I have.”

>This was true too, and Corso had known it from the start. She had never lied. Both innocent and wise, she was faithful and in love, chasing after a shadow.

>“I see.” He made a gesture in the air, as if wielding an imaginary pen. “Aren’t you going to give me a document to sign?”

>“A document?”

>“Yes. It used to be called a pact. Now it would be a contract with lots of small print, wouldn’t it? ‘In the event of litigation, the parties are to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of...’ That’s a funny thing. I wonder which court covers this.”

>“Don’t be silly.”

>“Why did you choose me?”

>“I’m free,” she sighed sadly, as if she’d paid the price for her right to say it. “I can choose. Anyone can.”

The whole point of the movie is becoming king of hell. Green Eyes is there to protect Corso because he's the chosen one. The reason he was chosen is because Lucifer doesn't value faith and devotion (Liana Telfer and her devil cult) or ego/lust for power (Boris Balkan) but rather the desire for knowledge and uncovering secrets that Corso has.

I like to think Satan needed a new librarian

>The whole point of the movie is becoming king of hell.

Way to miss the point.

I'm half-asleep, didn't intend to say it was the "whole point of the movie." What I meant to say is that it's the driving motivation of several characters like Balkan and Telfer and is the MacGuffin in the film

The point, if the commentary is anything to go on, is that knowledge is more important than any of the other trivial pursuits I mentioned in my other posts

The whole point of the movie is getting fucked out of your life by a blonde qt

somehow i remember seeing boobs in that scene

I loved fapping to that scene

>Its a roman "the jew" polanski, known pedophile, tries to recreate rosemary's baby episode

It does show a bit of T&A, just not in that webm

>Satan reading how to win friends and influence people

glad he failed and made it better than rosemary's "nothing happens the entire movie" baby

>The point, if the commentary is anything to go on, is that knowledge is more important than any of the other trivial pursuits I mentioned in my other posts

Hyep.

/throws iPhone at your face

>recognizing that book from that angle

wew

Cool.

This was a solid movie but unfortunately I don't know more like it.
If you're looking for general cult related movies you should watch eyes wide shut if you haven't already.

He's great in this movie t bh I always liked jonnie depps goofyish acting.

It's more like a Rosemary's Baby/Chinatown hybrid, but better than either

Why do we keep pretending that Roman Polanski is a bad director again?

Can't we forgive him for bumfucking a drugged-up, willing teen who nowadays says t'was no biggie?