So, since I was 11 years old (19 now) I always was a little portly. But it never got too bad...

So, since I was 11 years old (19 now) I always was a little portly. But it never got too bad, and was kept in check by frequent working out. But over the past few years I have been neglecting myself and have gotten lazy I weighed myself today and was extremely upset with the results. I'm 6'2" and I weigh 282 pounds (128 Kg). Can anybody give me some advice on how to effectively, and efficiently lose weight? Other than the obvious answers of working out, does anybody have a specific workout regiment and diet that they stick to? Would any Sup Forumsro be willing to share tips so I can get back into shape?

>Tl;Dr OP is 282 lbs (128 Kg) and needs help losing weight. (Tips on workout regiment, and diet)

it's quite simple, burn more calories than you consume. Exercise, and watch your caloric intake.

Im stress/disappointment/depression eating. Will get over it soon

Understood, but are there any specific diets, or tips on what I should include in my diet to help me with that? Also; what is great for burning calories?

Thank you by the way.

OP here, I used to run 10 kilometres (accumulated) through the day and at first it was great, I was losing weight, but I think I started eating more and more because the exercise raised my appetite. Is there any safe/healthy ways to curb my appetite?

Protein rich breakfasts, fiber, try not to eat anything processed and most importantly stay away from sugary drinks. As for burning calories, just hit the treadmill, any aerobic exercise will do. But try not to focus on weight loss, lift some weights too and I promise you'll like the way you look. No problem. Good luck.

you lazy millenial sub human fuck

eat slower, your body takes a while to communicate with your brain and tell you you're full... also, dont snack, eat your three squares and call it a night.

and dont listen to this chode, he's an angry little man

Thanks user, as much of a faggot as I may sound like, I was extremely disappointed and distraught when I saw my weight. It was disgusting because I knew that it was mostly fat. I really just want to get back on track and feel healthier than I do right now. Do you have any guess as to how many calories I should consume? If not it's fine, thank you for your help though, really. I was losing sleep over this whole thing.

What if I feel the urge to snack? I really like apples, is that alright for me to eat as a snack or should I just cut snacking out completely?

d'awwwwww......
sersiously what you should do is go outside and shit but I know you never will

as you were faggots

Was same bro, drink water like a motherfucker and don't touch soda of milk,only water.

Start forcing yourself to walk everywhere that's possible.

Count calories to gives you insight this ones most important.

Don't be afraid to ask someone to be a gym buddy... It helps heaps!

>I'm taking the bait
At least I'm trying to better myself instead of act like a useless piece of trash on the internet. You belligerent cunt.

you always will have a big appetite when training or losing weight, but after awhile, your body adapts to smaller portions. for me, I usually sticking to running first, I start with 1 mile walk/jog for 2 wks, then walk/run, once I can jog/run, I move up to 2 miles, and so on. Til I can run 3 miles (this takes about two to three months) without breaks. I usually get down to 210, and once I put on distance runs, 4-6 miles, I get under 200 easily. And if I want to get some muscle, I stick with under 2 mile runs, and occasionally 3-4 miles.

there are a bunch of factors that go into something like that, mostly how many you're burning. Shoot for 2000 but try not to fixate too much on the number. Also, not all calories are created equal, remember: non-processed.

The only issue I have with being able to go to a gym is that I have recently lost my job, so my only source of income is gone. A gym membership around here is around $60 a month, and unfortunately I do not have a lot of money to be spending at the moment. (I mostly put everything into my savings, which I cannot spend)

you can snack, but try to make it healthy. When I was trying to lose weight, I snacked on sunflower seeds with low sodium that way I could eat all day and I wasnt consuming many calories. Beats chewing on a sponge.

no need for a gym, just run or join a league

All of this is such a tremendous help, I really appreciate it. After seeing my weight today, I want to change myself so I can be more healthy and feel good about my body for once. Or at least feel better about it.

you could always try to get a job at the gym

I never really run out of a supply of fruits, which is nice. I like sunflower seeds so that sounds like a nice idea.

keep the momentum going, the first week really is the hardest. Good luck my man.

Holy shit... You genius

Thanks user, it really means a lot. I was so upset over this and just had a gut wrenching feeling because I didn't know where to even start, but I think you and everyone else in this thread really pushed me to do it. Thank you for giving me some direction on this, I will start first thing when I wake up. (It's 4:50 am) I really lost sleep over this personal dilemma of mine

I used to run a lot, maybe I'll pick it up again.

I think some people find this really hard, but I pretty much eat whole foods exclusively.

Oats for breakfast with nuts and seeds and whatnot, a couple of eggs, fruit.

Leftovers for lunch

For dinner steamed or boiled potatoes, boiled rice, beans, tuna, roasted chicken, lots of salad and vegetables.

Unlike yourself I really struggle to gain weight, but I do think that if you eat clean, and you do regular cardio (running, cycling, swimming etc), and burn more calories than you take in, you can't help but reduce your weight. If you eat clean you will begin to lower your bodyfat % quite quickly too. If you tend to be portly, you may find that it is quite easy to get ripped.

Snack on plain nuts, sunflower seeds, granola, or kiwis. Some other fruits can be good but these are the best IMO. The kiwi is the perfect size for a snack, you just cut it in half and eat it with a spoon. Losing weight is mainly about portions and slightly about exercise. A gym is entirely unnecessary. Try going hiking in mountains and forests. The uneven ground beats the shit out of your muscles. Really, whatever you decide to do, just follow through with it. If you don't maintain it for at minimum 6 months, you're just a quitter and you won't ever lose weight.

Thank you user, I really appreciate that. I have noticed that muscle gain has always been a tad easier for me. I used to squat in highschool and my legs and quads were extremely muscular (Calves are still super muscular, quads still have muscle, but are a bit overpowered by the fat from the weight gain)

After seeing my weight today for the first time since I was around 160 pounds, I really have no desire to quit. I want to lose the weight, I want to be strong enough to do it and I want to feel better about myself, rather than pity myself.

Also; I'm allergic to kiwi so I may have to sit out on that one. But sunflower seeds and granola sound pretty good.

>purchase kitchen scale
>Download my fitness pal app.
Itll help keep track of calories by scanning bar codes on food and weighing out portions
>run 2 miles 4 times a week
>sleep from 2200-0630
>dont eat after 7
>get a giant bottle and use it for hydratition

Ive lost 16lbs so far.
Im 6'5" and weighed 250lbs
Down to 234 now and not stopping until 210. I do the 2 miles plus a gym regiment of lifting. I do abs everytime i go and just do 3 or 4 times a week.

You gatta want it. Itll take around 6 months to lose the weight. If your not detitcated and half ass it your only cheating yourself.

Good luck user

Thanks user, I wish you luck too (I have both of the top things and will work on the 2 miles 4 times per week. Sleep is a difficult thing for me, I have always had issues with it but I will work on that as hard as I can. I can definitely try not eating after 7, it's something I need to stop doing, and I do the giant water bottle thing. So thanks user, it means alot

hey there, 22 and i am 115 kg and i am 6 feet
the thing that i do is neglect the chips, and soda untill the weekend and work out for 2 hours,everyday and go HARD! i work out at night ( since i am insomniac since i was 10) and i am seeing alot of results ( original weight 140 KG !)
i got alot of stretch marks, But they dont look half as bad if you do weight training aswell, I can actually swim now ( lol fat shamed myself even though you have people there who look like the blob incarnate :P ) but i dont have any loose skin yet, My friend Frank DOES have alot of (excessive?) skin and he is 25 years old, he started too late.

I don't really think I want to lose so much weight that I have skin flaps hanging from my body, I want to lose a comfortable amount of weight, and then bulk up, I would rather be heavy due to muscle, than heavy due to fat. I will be balancing my diet and watching my caloric intake. I will be quitting soda and junk/processed foods. I want to better myself, so that is what I will do. Thank you for your advice though kind user. It is much appreciated.

as Faggy as it sounds, Nike + app AND Pokemon GO helped me lose quite a few kilos this summer !
Yeah you are going on the right direction !
Keep this up ! I had a Monster ENergy yesterday because i thought it would boost me ( i truly fucking believe this ) but it wasnt worth it.

I'm completely going to stay away from soda and shit like that. I stopped for about 3 months before and felt wonderful. I don't know why I ever started drinking soda again

Nah, but do as i say :P i think that over 6ft 100 kilos can be good if you bulk! i am bulking up those flaps and it works, my friend aint that lucky :(
You are more then welcome, Hope this isnt an impulse and you will pull through OP !

Thank you, I really appreciate everyone's support in this thread, you are all so kind. It really means a lot.

Okay, it is now 5:40 AM. That being said, I will now probably go to sleep so I can feel rested for when I wake up and work out. Goodnight kind anons, you are all wonderful and I appreciate every single one of you. Good luck on your own weight gain/loss journeys, long may the sun shine upon you all.

The most important thing is not to over-eat. This will involve counting calories however the prospect of counting the calories for everything you eat, and taking a lot of time to cook meals can be psychologically off-putting to many people.

Instead, if your life is regimented based on weeks (say you go to uni, but every weekend you go back to see parents), try to set yourself a schedule for a weekly meal plan. Every monday you eat the same thing, every tuesday you eat the same, etc.

This way you still get variety but also know exactly how much calories you are getting, and you can just go to the grocery store once a week instead of going 'whenever there's no more food' which for me was 2-3x a week. A waste of time.

Cut out sugary things and carbs out of your diet. fats are still allowed, since most of the body's fat reserves are made by converting sugars and starches. You don't need to completely remove them from your diet but reduce the amount significantly.

Identify problem behaviors. For example, I was in denial about this but I would often buy cookies and similar things 'for breakfast', but then find myself finishing 2/3ds of the cookie roll in one evening. This taught me 2 things: snacks such as these need to be hidden out of sight. 2nd: it's better if there's no snacks alltogether. Just don't have cookies for breakfast but switch them out for things like: boiled eggs, salmon filet, or avocado with salt on toast.

For the same reason, I stopped buying bread in loaves. I would find myself making a cheese sandwich for lunch. Then another one, another one. Now I just buy those small breads or 1/4 of a loaf and visiting the baker 2x a week.

My 3rd problem behaviour was that I would often still feel hungry around 3 hours after dinner. I try to solve this by making myself feel more 'full' during dinner by eating slower, or I use more ingredients that fill you up (soups and stews, etc) or I split dinner in 2/3 - 1/3 parts.

cont.

anyhow you were asking for snacks, and diet stuff. I use eatthismuch.com (non-premium version) to give realistic estimates on how quickly I could lose weight, and to set up meal plans.

non-starchy fruit and vegetables have near-negligible caloric values (with some exceptions), things such as citrus fruit, apples, bananas, carrots, raw fennel, cherry tomatoes make good snacks for me, not particularly because they're healthy but because I like their taste.

To find my meals filling I usually make large salads. Other people complain that salads are usually dry and tasteless, but I'm italian and we usually dress salads with olive oil, vinegar, and salt (don't exaggerate on the oil), and my salads are never tasteless. Furthermore now that it's getting colder I make a lot of soup for myself.

If you feel that you are getting hopeless because healthy cooking looks like a lot of work, you can get a 2nd hand food processor (the kind that slices veggies) from online, family friends, or a second hand store. You can also look at 'slow cookers', where you just dump ingredients in at the start of the day and 5 hours later your dinner is ready.

Lastly, excercise. Excercise can be up to around 30% of your daily expenditure, the rest is calorie use from keeping your body warm. This means either: 'no matter how much you excercise, the calorie burn will only be 30%', or 'if you excercise you can burn and extra 30%' depending on how you look at it.

I reccomend going for a 30 minute walk while listening to a podcast on your mobile every monday-wednesday-friday, then moving up to following couch-to-2k routing for jogging once you're comfortable with it. Winter is kicking in, and I used it as an excuse before to not go jogging outdoors. But you don't need a gym membership. Just dress warmly, and toss your clothes in the wash when you inevitably sweat.

Good luck.