>this is considered normal in the 70s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5mcc47xD8
youtube.com/watch?v=InW-SyPYfcM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked the 80s better.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5mcc47xD8

What was normal? Letting kids be scared of thing without mollycoddling them?

>this is considered a childish cartoon in the 1980s

It wasn't really a kid's movie. People just assumed it was because it was about bunnies. Look at the poster.

It's an animation based on a book for grown ups. Kinda the same with Animal Farm by George Orwell.

That animation style is so cool its like a old 1980s PC Adventure game mixed with a 1960's LL Bean catalog.

>tfw the piss pot is full

Came here to say this. Plague Dogs is fucking best of all time. I don't know many people that have seen it. Gut wrenching, soul crushing and beautiful.

I read it when i was a kid and it was great. I saw the film as a teenager and I think the film is darker, but mostly for the sequences of Fifer tripping out, like when the field starts bleeding, rather than the violence.

Also Richard Adams created the story to tell to his young daughters on car trips, and they insisted he write a book, so it is sort of for children.

youtube.com/watch?v=InW-SyPYfcM

I remember this one advertised as a crime story with cats in the tv guide when I was a kid so I watched it with my sister. Not what we expected, cats fucking and tearing each others guts out, evil animal experiments and those nightmare scenes...

i somehow stumbled upon this as a child and had blocked it out due to trauma, thanks for flooding back all the memories user.

Wtf? I hate rabbits now

It's like they couldn't make non-cartoonish commercial animation without beating you over the fucking head with how extreme and gritty and serious business it is.

>this is considered children's programming
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pypyDDPmIQ

IS IT A KIND OF DREAM

What was the bodycount in Watership Down?

When we stopped having children's movies like this we basically created the snowflake problem. Today everything needs hugs and kisses.

>this is considered normal in the 70s

A children's animation doesn't have to be either super gritty or singing and dancing cartoon characters.

And these movies weren't even significant compared to Disney's.

Original Bad News Bears. Pretty much the only reason I wanted to play little league when I was a kid was I thought I'd get beer.

>"Trouble is... when the cars move I want to stop."
>"Whatever you do, dearest, don't curl up."

Right in the feels.

The 70s and early 80s "popular culture" were depressing as fuck, there were a lot of downbeat science fiction movie and bizarre animations around at the time. Stuff like Watership Down, When the Wind Blows, Coma, Soylent Green, Logan's Run etc

Relative standards of living actually peaked in the US at the time, but people were living with the underlying dread of the Soviets and nuclear war, which was reflected in the films of the time.

Then blessed* Reagan came along and managed to tank the economy while at the same time making people really feel optimistic, brash and bold, ushering in the age of the Arnie and Stallone movie.
*I'm being sarcastic, he was a terrible President

Disney wasn't that big during the 80s I think. The singing stuff happened during the 90s.

>lowered tax rates across the board
>misery rating was at its lowest
>reduced ownership of nuclear weapons
>ranked high on almost all "best presidents" lists on the internet
?????????????

>this is considered normal in the 10s

Killer Mike told me not to like him, it's easier to get my opinions from outspoken idiots than actually form my own.

>yfw the "10s" were a thing and they're almost over
>they were awful

Reagan was the Trump of his day, no surprise beta nu-males of our generation shit on Reagan

neoliberalism isn't a joke cunt, unless you're working for an international firm or company in management, you're statistically assured to be in greater suffering due to it.

Watership Down isn't and was never intended to be a kid's movie.

>mfw the 20s will be worse
>also mfw they will probably call the 20s the nu-20s or some gay hip shit

australian posters need to be gassed

violent videogames tho

recently watched this... SO FUKING SAD

Muh Eugenics

>This thread
>Literally Sup Forums: The beginning

In the 70s this was the only film that made me happy. After a long day of having my insides pulled out by Jimmy Saville it would put me in a good mood. A couple of cigarettes and a quick listen to my Gary Glitter records and I'd be back to my happy 8 year old self. God I miss the 70s.

A sweating PEPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what? are you upset that it isn't another HOWEVER or GoT thread?

Why do people keep comparing Sup Forums to Reddit? Sup Forums is it's own god-awful thing. They also hate anything remotely resembling a movie.

>reagan doctrine
>9/11

what the fuck!?

sauce?

So is this

I haven't seen Fritz, but Heavy Traffic blew me away. Fuck Disney for associating animation with ''kiddie shit''.

Disney was rereleasing a lot of the classics in the 80s while their new movies were things like the fox and the hound, robinhood, rescuers, aristocats, etc, which were never that iconic. Little mermaid was when they began to turn it arround followed by aladdin beauty and the beast and lion king which were just disgustingly successful.

>Why do people keep comparing Sup Forums to Reddit? Sup Forums
Because muh boogeymen

Its a DyE video I think. I dont know which one.

Watch the Swimming Pool one, I feel it had a better buildup.

YOU MOTHERFUCKING NIGGER

Im searching for this movie for about 15years

watched it as a child and never finished it