Can anyone tell me anything about the Bersa Firestorm 308 ACP, perhaps someone who has one

Can anyone tell me anything about the Bersa Firestorm 308 ACP, perhaps someone who has one.

Also general guns thread

I can tell you that it's a .380 not a .308.

Great gun specs-wise, but not fun to shoot. Too light, too much kick, hurts your hand at the top of the backstrap after 5 shots.

It's a cheap version of the Walther. Pretty good for concealed carry, if you consider the. 380 an adequate round.

Man up Nancy.

Get some hollow points, put three or four in a bad guy, call it a day.

that's what I meant, sorry, already been at work for 4 hours this morning ugh
so you'd guys recommend it? I am basically looking for a cheaper walther ppk

They're not bad. The thunder is a great gun anyways. You should probably go to /k/ and ask them.. this thread will shortly spiral out of control onto a bunch of eurocucks/liberal faggots bitching about US gunlaws that have no effect on them or their country now.

You'd probably die if you fired a .357 or .44 mag 4".

Buy a Polish P-64 if you need a mousegun. Glorious old com-bloc steel.

Yeah, I'll for sure'll be using hollow points for personal defense, however I like to hope I'll never have to shoot anyone, not that I wouldn't if I had to.

I'd also recommend the firestorm over the thunder, as the grip feels nicer

I'd recomend the thunder over the ppk. Its just like a ppk, only cheaper/done better. Though it doesnt quite have the finnish of a real ppk though

When using .380, always use ball(fmj) ammo. .380 doesnt move fast enough to reliably expand its hollowpoints. You want the added pennetration fmj has to offer. Also you dont have to worry about fancy hollowpoints getting hung up on the feedramp, ball ammo always feeds like butter

dont listen to this pussyIts a great gun to keep in your car or to shoot for fun, i love mine, but keep in mind it is a .380, if you looking for self defense i would look into 9mm or .45acp

.308 is not an 'ACP'. Nor is it available in a handgun.

I know, I realized what I had said and deleted my post, been up since 5am working and I'm tired af, my bad

>recomends .45 for carry gun
Okay grandpa, we all know stoppanpowah is a myth amoung your 'big 3' handgun calibers.

>9mm yes
.45 is a 'bigger' round, but its also a lot slower, because of its larger diameter, your handgun is going to have a lower capacity than a 9mm. More shots = more firepower

Also there is nothing wrong with .380, though it is considered to be the bare minimum you should trust your life with in a carry gun. Modern .380 +p loadings and bullet design make it not much weaker than 9mm, in a much smaller package. I can carry a .380 in my front pocket, in a pocket holster where i can't carry something 9mm or larger. .380 has its place, and its place is deep concealment where small framesize is s must.

Go to bed, user. Go over to /k/ when you wake up and ask them everything you want to know. Just fyi they can be dicks, if you're an idiot they will certainly let you know.

nice info, thanks

its for niggers who cant buy a walter ppk

not bashing on you but im curious as to why you didnt post this on /k/

there are other boards yknow

That's why I am here, they're some of the snobbiest mother fuckers I've ever seen.

this

Everything this user said.

I have a Bersa Thunder and a KelTec PF9 - the Thunder is much more pleasant to shoot (better balance for the round, etc) but the PF9 is my main carry piece cause of it's tiny size

It's tough love, really. They're autistic as fuck but most of them have your best interests in mind. If you're considering a shit gun, they're gonna tell you. They have a TON of good info, you just have to know 'how' to ask for it. /k/ can also be a very friendly board

They are ok guns, nothing special. The trigger sucks donkey balls, and they're a bit heavy to conceal carry considering there are lighter options in the same price range. And I personally don't care for 380, get a 9mm instead. I work part time in a gun shop and have been a competitive shooter for almost 10years. Pic related, my USPSA rig.

I have a bera. Fixed barrel, super Accurate! Has a built in lock and some others safety features. Won't fire if the mag is out. Has a hammer release when you pop the safety with the hammer cooked. I have silver one.

It's a big gun for .380. They have 9mm handguns in that size now. Otherwise i've heard its a great gun.

Look at the Ruger Lcp .380 to see the size differences

I have a thunder, I like it enough to not sell it, nothing I take and put a few hundred rounds through though. If it's your first gun, it's a good choice, but if you have a few, stay away from it, it will only be a disappointment that you regret buying.

Glock 42 if u must go with 380. LCPs, TCPs, and SW bodyguards are generally shitty with terrible triggers. Their size is literally the only thing they have going for them

This. My S&W bodygaurd .380 is easily concealed and like user said with + loaded rounds, packs a punch

Bersa...meh...

Nice gun.
I actually already have a 9mm, I have a Springfield XD9, which I love. Reason I am getting the bersa is well I love the look of it. Also videos i've seen people seem to like it. and that fixed barrel is pretty sweet.

yeah. use a flat nose ball ammo...it causes more cavitation.

That's what's up. I like the XD series pistols. If the Bersa is what you like then go for it. It's an ok gun, i just wouldn't want to carry it

Yes, OP, easily. It's a gun! It's also a weapon. And a sidearm. It shoots projectiles.

Just looking at it, the grip looks really firm. Is it rubbery like a Houge grip?

i have a thunder 380 and the little cut out for the slide stop/release has gottne worn down in just over a year...it holds open on the last round but any, and i mean ANY, little amount of force on the gun the slide slams shut. i think the slides are made with inferior metal. id suggest not getting a bersa. there is a reason they are so cheap.

It depends on the model...some are rubberized and some are more of a polymer. The model in OPs pic looks like the latter

Found the liberal suburbanite

example...fire last round...set gun down to reload mags...slide slams shut.

maybe i got a lemon but i honestly would just spend the money on a ruger or something similar.

Buy cheap, get what you pay for. I've never understood that mentality when it comes to firearms. Read some reviews, check some reliability data and purchase a "self defense" item with that in mind. Why would you play around with your life in the line?