get good and make money to buy logic

PLEASE JUST LET /PROD/ DIE ALREADY

JUST STOP THIS NONSENSE

clyp.it/1bgoulfr
How's the mix lads?

clyp.it/4nyhj1bi
how's this

No

Nah, save a tiny bit more and get a monologue. Better build quality and better internals.

Guys how the fuck do I smoothly automate large pitch changes in Ableton Live 9?

Ideally I'd like to apply the automation to the entire master track for glitch pop songs. Any advice?

well, usually when you're automating the pitch on a synth you can define what the max pitch value will be for smoother changes, also clicking control while adjusting the automation will make it move way slower to fine tune.

Will this work on audio tracks? Do I have to load my sounds into a sampler and automate that?

Thanks for replying, too

yeah it's probably a matter of a one off use of the sound in sampler with a long pitch envelope

Alright, I'll give that a go. Thanks, user!

If anyone else has advice I want to hear it. I know Clarence Clarity uses Ableton and he has moments in his songs where the entire track is being pitched into oblivion and I wanted to emulate that

anybody have any good, free synth vsts that they use/ recommend? used vanguard when it was free but my comp deleted it and now they charge for it :(

anyone got ways to download vstis that cost lots of cash for free ? Looking for keyscape in particular

musicradar.com/news/tech/12-of-the-best-free-vst-au-plugin-synths-615790

torrenting

i'm learning to play my synth blindfolded from now on so i can get fully immersed in the sound and be able to visualise structure
is this a bad idea?

do torrent sites even have keyscape ?

of course it's not, all great musicians have their own unique way that makes them write music

No, it's a good idea and I like to do it too when making music. If I remember correctly, in the Len faki Boiler Room set, he'll just close his eyes.

rutracker has everything

clyp.it/qw4kkgqy

kick drum too muffled?

I've worked with a lot of small label owners and collabed with people and all of them are either uncommunicative or vague assholes. Why is this?

I know label owners have a lot of things going on but seriously, every time I work with someone they just say "Oh I'll get to it don't worry." or say "sounds alright" or flat out don't say anything at all.

I have put so much work on my end and they either abandon me or it takes much longer than it needs to be.

What happened with that prod album? I submitted a song about a month ago.

it is but it's not bad, it still manages to punch through even if it doesn't have too much high end and too much treble might not fit in with the chill atmosphere. listen to Savant-Survive, it's a 4/4 EDM banger and you practically can't hear the kick at all even tho the thing has a clear drive. my point is, yes it's muffled but that's not necessarily bad, it fits.

Is the synth in this just a saw wave with distortion? I'm confused

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUBAFPIHETA

sounds a bit more complicated, there's definitely a detuned saw in there, some distortion and definitely chorus, also I'm not sure if the envelope is on the amplitude or te lowpass filter with some resonance on it, play around with that see what happens, he might be playing twi things an octave apart too, so multiple oscs.

What emotions does this chord progression make you feel? I just picked some random chords using the Lydian scale and I honestly don't know!
clyp.it/jtbfff1b

it's almost invoking emotions but not there yet, hasn't struck a chord with me but we all have different buttons.

Yeah, I'm not feeling anything either. Weird. Glad I'm not crazy.

how do i resize the vst windows in EfLee Studios (12) ??? its so annoying

can you guys give me some feedback on this please. not sure what else to do with it. I know FL keys sucks.
clyp.it/0bk0gugy

What's the best free software for mixing and simple producing? I want to add effects to stuff I record and be able to add simple basslines and drumbeats.

where do i learn how to produce? any tips on how to start?

Audacity and GarageBand

have you ever heard tears by Marty Friedman? there's a segment in there that reminds me of what you got. take a listen to it.

learning aka watching videos and reading is boring for me
what I did instead is downloaded fl studio and fiddled with it for a while, then sometimes look up stuff I specifically want to learn

Can't get garageband for windows, can I?

Tears of an angel?

no its mac only when i started out i just pirated one of the popular daws its probably what you should do

dubs chooses what DAW I use (windows only)

:^)

Where can I get it?

i payed for my daw a few years ago

i download samples off rutracker and they have daws but im not sure which are safe to get

FRESH MEME

About 20 mins of work clyp.it/wkbfrq2v

I don't think you can

if you treated those keys (even tho they sound bad) they might not even sound that bad, like, reverb and intense multiband compression. it's a cute beat, I can hear that you haven't been doing this for a long time but this is coherent and pleasant to listen to (minus the bass, sounds like it was transposed, and the pads are playing wrong chords), it's mostly a matter of getting deeper in the rabbithole and figuring out how to make a mix sound tight and full and also design/use better sounds

FL Studio

Not to sound like an ass, but are you slightly tone deaf? Or do you produce on a system with no low end at all?

The piano chords conflict with the melody and bassline, I am not a music theorists so I cant tell you what chords to play unless you send me midi so I can clear it up.

0:55 what is that slide bass that suddenly comes on here? Total disharmony. Get rid of it asap.

1:55
just what the hell is this pad playing? Delete that shit, isnt even in the same key as the rest of the song.

I'm sorry to be so brutal, but the only thing working here is the lead and the drums.

it's a cool idea, but you obviously lack musical experience and I think you're slightly over ambitious with this one.

Get the chords, bass and melody to work together first, leave the weird slide bass and pad out for now.

>I don't think you can
well that sucks don't it? I can't use some of the knobs just because I can't see them

prt screen the issue.

I want omnisphere

I put this together with sample pack samples and feel like a pleb. Drum/break arrangement is all my own at least and I made some of the kicks/snares, no sample pack loop shit. How can i make this more my own?

clyp.it/4s1paq53

Increase your computers display resolution if possible.

Seriously, whoever thought up this idea for FL should be shot. Even fucking mixcraft have the vsts pop up in a seperate window than the daw.

short reverb to give a sense of room, some parallel distortion and compression might give the samples a different edge.

I get that same cancer with analog lab as well as serum

god fuckin damnit, meant to reply to this

click that wheel/gear icon and in settings tab check the dpi aware when bridged and then go to the processing tab and check make bridged and you should be able to resize your vst

Hey, my name's Kevin too

also the external window option in processing tab try that shit too i forgot to say

see:
shit senpai it actually worked, thanks!

kek

clyp.it/mt5bfsbi
I need some help here. First off, is the sample too loud at some parts to you? If so, do I need to compress it a certain way to where it's not as loud in some parts, but the quiet parts can still be heard? Second, I mix everything in the lower decibals, so what's the best way to make the whole track louder without making it sound worse? Should I turn the gain up when I master it or should I amplify it? I'm a noob at mixing.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a go at it.

So I don't actually "produce" anything but I have a question. So basically when I moved out I planned on buying a synth, or building a modular synth, but anyways I planned on eventually recording stuff without a computer, and on tape instead, like a 4 or 8 track, or anything analogue for that matter. So basically my question is, do any of you have experience with this, is it doable, what do you use, etc. Also is it worth it?

you have some nasty resonance spikes around 600 - 1000 hz, which is typical of rhodes.

Needs a bit of EQ around that part.

Compress a little to glue it more together.

I cant find it damn

You can do it manually by one of the buttons beside the play record area, just hover your mouse over to figure out which, activate it and bend your pitch bend wheel and it'll record just the automation while playing.

Are you using the vst glitch? you might like it

is Bell a trap?

Since Keyscape is so new I doubt you'd be able to find it. I've been looking for it for a while now. Maybe some user could post a link but I don't think anyone here actually has it.

wat?

On an unrelated note. Am i pantsu on retarded to try and record quiet vocals on a dynamic mic? It's all I have access to at the moment:(

Pro Audio Torrents has the Keyscape Library for Omnisphere 2 - 71GB of it

Tfw my stuff always sounds basic and cheesy.

get something more like pic related. Unless you're going for like a super lo-fi thing, a tape deck is going to be better and if you find a good one for a good deal probably more reliable/practical than a portastudio.

this thing has been the glue that a lot of my music was missing imo. probably not making the same music as you but here's something I recorded today

clyp.it/tew1zebz

anyone got tips for how to make shitty drums sound better?

I'm new to /prod/ I have no idea what that is but thanks

Cool, I didn't know what those were called, and the recording sounds good. And also I like all kinds of music, and I was asking in general, and I'd kinda like to do a lot of stuff in a lot of genres. I just mentioned the Synths and Electronic thing because I know that's what most people here are posting about. Also I like what you did, kinda reminds me of Dinosaur Jr.

maybe bring the drums forward, the details is a bit lost in the mix, your guitars have the stereofield, let the drums have the center.

clyp.it/sfug2xil
So been working on som trappy stuff ala RL Grime. Should I continue with this one or drop it into the project folder abyss.
Mix might be a bit off since I have the flu and my ears are cloged up.

weird, the drums are definitely centered. I have a outboard compressor and it's weird sometimes with stereo, it like favors the left channel.

any tips for micing? I've just been using one for the kick, one under the snare, and either a room or overhead mic. I have to have a pillowcase on top of my snare because its that bad

clyp.it/dbvnaix2

Never recorded any music seriously before. Made this with my girly-ass 19-year-old voice, an accordion, drums, and some reverb editing on Audacity. It's a partial cover of the ending of a song by Aurora Nealand (aka The Monocle) called The Chair. Recorded with a Takstar SGC-598 attached to a Nikon D3300. r8 h8 or advice.

to me portastudios are probably much better for like pushing hard and making lofi beats or bedroom music.

something like this pioneer rt707 would cool if you were willing to invest. you can also use it as a tape delay unit

Where's Flume?

your drums are quite center, my point was making them maybe 2-3 db louder so the hi hat and ghost noting on the snare comes across more clear, you have alot going on left/right, pulling the drums up will maybe help the mix anchor itself a little better.

>any tips for micing?
no, all my mates who do drum recording are probably fast asleep now or drunk or I would have asked them for some tips.

knee deep in pussy probably

Cool, I pretty much plan to make a bunch of tapes, but I'd obviously rather have better equipment. Also for those types of decks what type of tape do they use, and how much does tape cost?

i mean depending upon your application you might not need anything nicer than that. if you get a good one in it will be super reliable and easy to maintain.

depending upon the size of the reel, a 1/4" tape machine will run $20-$40. get RMGI brand tape, good stuff and I think its been getting more affordable cause people are actually manufacturing it again.

how exactly do you plan to use it?

Unsure, I was just wondering for later, I'm in HS so it's not like I can get one now. Anyways if you mean genres I wanna do a lot of stuff, just like Alt Rock/Power Pop, Death/Black Metal, Electronic (IDM, Ambient), maybe Powerviolence, maybe maybe Hip Hop. I dunno, I like a lot of stuff.

Hey guys, Flum here with a short snippet of my brand new track - Enugh.

clyp.it/235v1jpy

Don't forget to subscribe!

i like your voice a lot man. the drums aren't really on beat but the rest sounds good

Thanks.

I recorded the bass (read: thumping a hand on my chest close to the mic) and snare separately (because I only have a snare) and I did it while listening to the other stuff on headphones. I suspect that I really should have recorded the drums first.

On that note, what's a good setup to record pic related?

5.1 surround for sure

fuck where do you find good samples to work with like this? is there a (((secret)))

youtube.com/watch?v=nX-6Rushol4

jimpavloff.com/index.php/esamples/prodigy/132-voodoopeople

lazy ass niggggaaa

i mean just in general how do you know if its a good sample to use? everytime i try it sounds choppy, shitty, and out of key/tune. Idk just doesnt go well together

I just come here to see what people make desu...but I'm pretty sure such samples as the one in voodo people were made back in the day by playing and recording a portion of a record (the time where the sample) was and then putting that in your own song.

tl;dr have to have a decent quality bit to sample in order for the whole thing to sound good.

A developed ear and having the patience to scour through hours of shitty records to find a decent sample or three

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce8r9RfK1wk

Sometimes you're lucky and the sample fits nicely with whatever you're trying to fit it in with, other times, alot of nifty EQ'ing and effect work is needed.

how many frequencies should a sound have? as in when and what to cut the low/high frequencies out of

>is there a (((secret)))
not using Sup Forums memes like an edgeteen